Today Is The Day, We Found Out If I Will Go Pro

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the micro limits for a long time, grinding it out, I finally got myself 500$ from 1,20 on stars. I cashed out and now I'm gonna put it all on the line.And today I am gonna give it a shot. If I win I go pro, if I lose, I quit for a year.I've put my entire bankroll on five matches, with 180 in odds, that means, if I win, I get 90 000$, and I am gonna play in the EPT satelites, quit my daytime job and go pro.The matches are:Toronto have to beat WashingtonNY Rangers has to beat Tampa BaySome Norwegian hockey team has to win with one goal against another (very unlikely, but sick odds, this is the first match.)Naval has to tie with Sporting BragaPorto has to win with one goal against LeixoesThe first three are hockey, the last two are soccer.WISH ME GOOD LUCK PALS, I WILL NEED IT!!!!First match, the sickest one starts in three hours from now. I will keep you all updated.
Ah, done your homework I see.No wonder most people lose at sports betting.

Hey guys, thanks for all the support, I know it is probably a bad move, but I am a gambler, and I have worked for this money, so it is my money to lose.The first (and the clearly most risky match) is 20 minutes underway. The team that I bet on to win with one goal is now up with one goal 1-0, but it is hockey and I am not sure if I want the best team to lead this early or not. But so far things are looking good, keep the dream alive.

Porto can score more, so long they win with one, that is what I bet on. The reason why I don't take this huge risk in a poker tournament instead is because I would be out of my comfort zone, and would not be able to play my style.And I did spend 3 hours doing the math and going through all the stats for what I could bet on. So I did homework math wise.I used the Norwegian lottery which gives VERY poor odds, but if I lose, I know the money will go to the state and charitable causes, so I won't be sad if I lose. If I used a betting side which would have given me better odds, some greedy sharks would end up with the money if I lost. Also I know it is 100% safe, since the Norwegian state is the owner of the lottery, so I know I will get the money if I win. Still 1-0 in the match :club:

No, 2:0:sHalf way through, if the other team can come up with one goal now. Originally I had put on victory with two goals or more on this team and changed it in the last minute to one goal since it gave 4 times the odds, hopefully that won't come back to bite me in the ass.Second half awaits.

No, 2:0:sHalf way through, if the other team can come up with one goal now. Originally I had put on victory with two goals or more on this team and changed it in the last minute to one goal since it gave 4 times the odds, hopefully that won't come back to bite me in the ass.Second half awaits.
You have to win by EXACTLY one goal?
Porto can score more, so long they win with one, that is what I bet on. The reason why I don't take this huge risk in a poker tournament instead is because I would be out of my comfort zone, and would not be able to play my style.And I did spend 3 hours doing the math and going through all the stats for what I could bet on. So I did homework math wise.I used the Norwegian lottery which gives VERY poor odds, but if I lose, I know the money will go to the state and charitable causes, so I won't be sad if I lose. If I used a betting side which would have given me better odds, some greedy sharks would end up with the money if I lost. Also I know it is 100% safe, since the Norwegian state is the owner of the lottery, so I know I will get the money if I win. Still 1-0 in the match :club:
Three whole hours huh?Certainly sounds like you've thought this outSo if you lose, you'll be "donating" $500 to Norway's needy and if you win you'll be taking $90K from them? That's your justification?Seriously, I wish you well and all that, but this whole concept seems sort of silly to me. People seem to think that the only thing that keeps them from turning pro is a big enough bank roll rather than experience. Frankly, that is just so wrong.
You have to win by EXACTLY one goal?
Yeah:S I originally had a victory regardless, that was the plan for a full day, but then my friends convinced me to take by one goal to increase my odds. It looks dark now. but everything can happen, I just need one goal from the suffering team.
My hands are shaking, my heart is pumping, my body's sweating.......
I've spent this in a weekend chasing the same feeling, but there was no promise of monetary reward. All I have to show is an awkward threesome story. I bet sports too, but I'd like my story better than the one where I put all my money on 400(actual odds?)- 1 shot. Good luck though. If this is the longest shot and you pull it off, hedge the whole damn thing. Please.
http://www.norsk-tipping.no/page?id=23&tp=lsrHere, second half is underway.We need Lillehammer to score. It is match 104 I've bet tie on.If VĂ¥lerenga scores I am pretty much dead. But there is likely gonna be one more goal during the rest of the match, let us hope it is by Lillehammer.

If Lillehammer don't score and all the other matches go in I will be jumping off a bridge. Seriosly, I had the coupon in my hand, and changed it last minute.So even if I lose this, I will still be nervous rooting against myself for the rest of the night.Aaaaand I am dead. Damn, I should have stuck with my read.