Hey everyone, I'm doin a paper on him Stu Ungar, my prof's a poker player and was coool enough to let me do the report on him, and I need some research sources on him. I've seen High Roller, and I'm on the way to Barnes and Nobles to read Nolan Dalla's "One of a Kind" book. Anybody know any other things i should look into?Also, I know that the report is gonna be on Ungar, but thats about it. Anybody have any suggested topics i could do on Ungar?One topic I got so far is to show the difference between movie-version of Ungar vs real accounts of him (which i could probably get from Mike Sexton or some other old-skool pro).

Hey everyone, i'm doin a paper on him Stu Ungar, my prof's a poker player and was coool enough to let me do the report on him, and I need some research sources on him. I've seen High Roller, and I'm on the way to Barnes and Nobles to read Nolan Dalla's "One of a Kind" book. Anybody know any other things i should look into?Also, I know that the report is gonna be on Ungar, but thats about it. Anybody have any suggested topics i could do on Ungar?One topic i got so far is to show the difference between movie-version of Ungar vs real accounts of him (which i could probably get from Mike Sexton or some other old-skool pro).
I actually wrote a book about Unger back in '99.It was titled "Google It You Lazy Bastard".On an unrelated note, use caps whenever you use I.Your poker playin' prof might appreciate it.
I actually wrote a book about Unger back in '99.It was titled "Google It You Lazy Bastard".On an unrelated note, use caps whenever you use I.Your poker playin' prof might appreciate it.
Thanks for your help. Fixed the i's in the OP, hope you like it.

www.pokertube.comI think there was a documentary about him on there, or if not search on youtube.I know a brief recapp of his life, and also Howard Lederer mentioned in his Full Tilt pro chat that he was one of the worst high stakes cash game players because of his lack of patience/targets.

Hey everyone, i'm doin a paper on him Stu Ungar, my prof's a poker player and was coool enough to let me do the report on him, and I need some research sources on him. I've seen High Roller, and I'm on the way to Barnes and Nobles to read Nolan Dalla's "One of a Kind" book. Anybody know any other things i should look into?Also, I know that the report is gonna be on Ungar, but thats about it. Anybody have any suggested topics i could do on Ungar?One topic i got so far is to show the difference between movie-version of Ungar vs real accounts of him (which i could probably get from Mike Sexton or some other old-skool pro).
Watching the ESPN Classic replay of the 1997 WSOP Main Event was pretty fascinating. See if you can find that on You Tube or something.
Spademan will you marry me?
how cool does it make you feel to sit around on the internet and make fun of peoples grammar and or topics. I mean you must have a real interesting like to never come up with threads of your own but sit around and critique other people. bravo sir
how cool does it make you feel to sit around on the internet and make fun of peoples grammar and or topics. I mean you must have a real interesting like to never come up with threads of your own but sit around and critique other people. bravo sir
I have an interesting like indeed.I'm glad you noticed.
Let's have a caramel instead.(first to name the movie gets 12 internets)
You are on fire today sir. I cannot help but laugh at all of your responses in these topics.

Stu has a Wiki page.i would suggest including his Gin wizardry, as well as spending some time on the concept of "eidetic memory", aka photographic memory, which is a bit of a misnomer, as eidetic memory incorporates "material" you haven't yet seen (eg: you've seen about 60 cards from a 6 deck blackjack shoe...based on your ability to calculate and recalculate odds, you're beginning to get a better idea of what's coming...see what I mean?).

Thats some funny shit lol