2007 Wpt North American Poker Championship

Negreanu CrippledOn a flop of 1044 Greg Mueller bets 1,600 from middle position and Daniel Nergeanu raises to 3,200 from the small blind. Seat 4 then reraises to 5,500. Mueller asks, "Can I take this back?" Mueller then folds and Negreanu thinks for a moment. Negreanu mucks, showing a 10 and he now only has 3,650. To make matters worse Seat 4 claims he misread his hand when he bet on the flop.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedOn a flop of 10 :D 5 :D 5 :club: Seat 5 bets 2,200 and Daniel Negreanu says, "Well, I'm not going anywhere," and pushes all in. His opponent calls and shows 8 :) 8 :) and Negreanu is behind with 7 :D 7 :D . The turn and river come 9 :) 4 :icon_dance: and Negreanu is eliminated.GG. Bad run of cards.

The Tournament is OverEveryone can go home because Seat 6 at Table 5 just won the tournament. "YES, YES, YES!" erupted across the tournament room as he won a pot with pocket aces. "Did you win that hand," asked Greg Mueller in a very sarcastic tone. "Were you ahead the whole time," chimed in Jean-Robert Bellande.Al Smooth is in??????????

The Tournament is OverEveryone can go home because Seat 6 at Table 5 just won the tournament. "YES, YES, YES!" erupted across the tournament room as he won a pot with pocket aces. "Did you win that hand," asked Greg Mueller in a very sarcastic tone. "Were you ahead the whole time," chimed in Jean-Robert Bellande.Al Smooth is in??????????
WTFHES ON MY TV EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT AND HES IN CHINA... THIS CANT BE 98426($@69692^42

my friend (who's new to the table) was in a weird spot with jc tran. blinds are 300/600 (with antes) some guy limps, my friend opens for 2,400 in ep, jc 3bets to 8k on the button, friend shoves for 21k total. 32,600 : 13,000....jc tanks for 5 minutes before calling with AQs. getting about 2.5:1, is that not the easiest call against someone you've never played against?and supposedly mike matusow folded kings preflop face up against him earlier (friend was just making a resteal with Q9s).wont bring up some of the lesser botched hands i saw (imo) from some of the biggish names. it's all been pretty unimpressive though.

my friend (who's new to the table) was in a weird spot with jc tran. blinds are 300/600 (with antes) some guy limps, my friend opens for 2,400 in ep, jc 3bets to 8k on the button, friend shoves for 21k total. 32,600 : 13,000....jc tanks for 5 minutes before calling with AQs. getting about 2.5:1, is that not the easiest call against someone you've never played against?and supposedly mike matusow folded kings preflop face up against him earlier (friend was just making a resteal with Q9s).wont bring up some of the lesser botched hands i saw (imo) from some of the biggish names. it's all been pretty unimpressive though.
So, how did the hand end?

he had ak, against which AQs is still better than 2.5:1 (or actually, it's almost exactly 2.5:1)ak, kk, qq... anything except aces, and you're better than 2.5:1. folding against AK is about a break even.folding against AQ is about a 23,000 chip ev error.folding against JJ/1010 is about a 15,000 chip ev error.folding against QQ is about a 2,000 chip ev errorfolding against KK is about a 1,500 chip ev errorcalling against AA is only about a 7,500 chip ev error.you basically have to think aces is like >50% of his range to make this fold. it's about the equivalent of folding kings preflop with effective stacks of 35bb (but a lot less in the pot).

and supposedly mike matusow folded kings preflop face up against him earlier (friend was just making a resteal with Q9s).
As much as I love Mikey, PLEASE tell me your buddy showed it to him, if this is indeed true.
he had ak, against which AQs is still better than 2.5:1 (or actually, it's almost exactly 2.5:1)ak, kk, qq... anything except aces, and you're better than 2.5:1. folding against AK is about a break even.folding against AQ is about a 23,000 chip ev error.folding against JJ/1010 is about a 15,000 chip ev error.folding against QQ is about a 2,000 chip ev errorfolding against KK is about a 1,500 chip ev errorcalling against AA is only about a 7,500 chip ev error.you basically have to think aces is like >50% of his range to make this fold. it's about the equivalent of folding kings preflop with effective stacks of 35bb (but a lot less in the pot).
Did you just memorise this or do you have a formula that you use. If it is a formula can you share it or show me to an artical that can.
Did you just memorise this or do you have a formula that you use. If it is a formula can you share it or show me to an artical that can.
Peter "Apathy" Jetten Takes a Small Pot From Daniel NegreanuIndeed Jetten is an online player and part of the Ship It Holla Ballas crew which includes Alan "The Usher" Sass, Jonathan "FieryJustice" Little, and Travis "TravestyFund" Rice among others.
I don't understand...there are online poker "crews"? What the hell does that mean? Do they beat up rival crews after tournaments?

They are down to the last four:Seat 2 - Jonathan Little - 2,000,000Seat 4 - David Cloutier - 2,600,000Seat 5 - Barry Greenstein - 480,000Seat 6 - Scott Clements - 4,800,000 Barry has been in short-stack ninja mode from the start and watched two others flame-out ahead of him.....EDIT: and Barry IS a pimp! lol http://www.worldpokertour.com/tournament/?x=updatesnewslite

Gooooooooo Scotty...GG Aj and Kofi....Anyone on here up to date on the Kofi controversy? I had always wondered where Redsoxsox had gone...Destroyed the 100r for a few months, then vanished...Turns out he was banned from Stars for multi accounting and collusion. Sigh.

And the awaited double-up for the Bear finally happens:Hand #71: Barry Greenstein Doubles Through Scott Clements Hand #71 - David Cloutier has the button in seat 4, Greenstein raises from the small blind to 80,000, Clements moves all in from the big blind, and Greenstein quickly calls all in for about 633,000 with KK. Clements shows Q10, and he'll need to improve a lot to bust Greenstein here. The flop comes KQ7, and Greenstein flops a set to take a dominating lead in the hand. Clements needs running queens for quads, or a runner-runner straight. The turn card is the 7, and Clements is drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the 10, which would have given Clements the winning hand with two pair if Greenstein hadn't flopped a set.)Barry Greenstein doubles up to about 1.3 million with a set of kings.

Gooooooooo Scotty...GG Aj and Kofi....Anyone on here up to date on the Kofi controversy? I had always wondered where Redsoxsox had gone...Destroyed the 100r for a few months, then vanished...Turns out he was banned from Stars for multi accounting and collusion. Sigh.
kofi=redsoxsox=elmasmacho
Anyone on here up to date on the Kofi controversy? I had always wondered where Redsoxsox had gone...Destroyed the 100r for a few months, then vanished...Turns out he was banned from Stars for multi accounting and collusion. Sigh.
I found this on:http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king-artic...php?article=197"Multi-Accounting Brings Down Another Online Poker PlayerJust last week, we posted an article that said that multi-accounting was still a huge problem in the online poker world, and some of the biggest and brightest names in the industry were still participating in the practice. If you think that the practice ended with Zeejustin and JJProdigy getting caught, you are sorely mistaken. A couple of more names have been found out by Pokerstars as being multi-accounters or collusionists and have been banned. One of those is the player who goes by the name of "redsoxsox."If you do a thepokerdb search for "redsoxsox", you will see that he had a period of absolute dominance on PokerStars. Well come to find out, that redsoxsox was either operating two accounts while in the same tournament, or was colluding with a friend. Either way, "redsoxsox" was reported to Pokerstars by Actionjeff, and was eventually banned from Pokerstars. Apparently there was some extremely suspicious behavior that drew the suspicion of numerous people, and eventually led to a banning. "So it appears as if both these guys were at this final table and they were the first two to bust out......interesting coincidence!

"Cloutier survives!The most exciting moment of the final table so far may very well have been the most exciting moment in the life of David Cloutier.Cloutier limped UTG as did Scott Clements from the SB. Jonathan Little checked his option and all three saw a flop of J-10-2. First to act, Clements bet out $40,000 and while Little let it go, Cloutier raised to $150k. Clements called and the checked in the dark before an 8 turn.Cloutier shoved and Clements quickly called felting J-9 for top pair and the up and down straight draw.However, Cloutier showed Q-J for top pair with the better kicker and looked good to double up. The 4 on the river made it happen and Cloutier pumped his fist, yelling out with the kind of excitment usually reserved for big moments like this one. Rock on Dave! Blinds: $15,000/$30,000Ante: $5,000Average Stack: $2,520,000Players Left: 4Tables Left: 1"

"Hand #118: Barry Greenstein Eliminated in 4th Place ($291,798 CAD) Hand #118 - Jonathan Little has the button in seat 2, Cloutier raises from the small blind to 140,000, Greenstein moves all in from the big blind, and Cloutier pauses for a moment before he calls with K9. Greenstein shows A9, and is in a dominant position to double up here. The flop comes Q107, and Cloutier picks up a gutshot straight draw, needing a jack for the straight or a king for a pair. The turn card is the K, and Cloutier takes the lead with a pair of kings. Greenstein now needs to pull a "Greenstein" (catching an ace on the river, which is the title of his book) to stay alive. But the river card is the 5, and Cloutier wins the pot with a pair of kings. Barry Greenstein is eliminated in fourth place, earning $291,798 (worth approximately $306,729 US). Greenstein takes a moment to sign a copy of his book for David Cloutier, and when he gets up from the table, the crowd gives him a standing ovation. As the short stack, Greenstein was never able to gain much traction. "Cloutier, the Canadian amateur, is on a heck of a rush right now and is the chip leader with over $4 million chips.GG Barry....

kofi=redsoxsox=elmasmacho
Ya I know...I actually knew Kofi was elmas before I knew he was also redsoxsox back in the day...if you saw the info leaked by mkind in the 2+2 thread regarding all this, you'd know why it's a subject I'm unsure about...We share a common bond/association... Side note - Scott Clements = good