The Well: Looshle

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the funny thing is that JC actually wants to be a MMA fighter and seriously talks about joining Coutures gym so I would think he would have to be the fav in this lineup. Although I would still like my chances against him.
you have almost no shot with MMA rules, if you could bite, kick in the balls or use beer bottles then maybe.... you know how many walls I've elbowed in the past 3 days? I'm getting pretty good at it. Also, I had to explain the super man punch to you in detail because you do it backwards, I get the feeling that with all the adrenaline going on you'd forget what I tought you and throw it backwards again, then land on my Muay thai knee ball in the face. My ground skills are far superior, even though I haven't done judo in like 5 years..... I guess your only shot is the punchers chance, but that would be hard considering I have sicko kicks and seen enough UFC to know when to through a flying knee. I'd say bet 3 units on me at -250. 10 units on me vs Loosh at -1 millon. and lay even money on me vs kido since we've never seen him fight and he's asian and aggressive.
you have almost no shot with MMA rules, if you could bite, kick in the balls or use beer bottles then maybe.... you know how many walls I've elbowed in the past 3 days? I'm getting pretty good at it. Also, I had to explain the super man punch to you in detail because you do it backwards, I get the feeling that with all the adrenaline going on you'd forget what I tought you and throw it backwards again, then land on my Muay thai knee ball in the face. My ground skills are far superior, even though I haven't done judo in like 5 years..... I guess your only shot is the punchers chance, but that would be hard considering I have sicko kicks and seen enough UFC to know when to through a flying knee. I'd say bet 3 units on me at -250. 10 units on me vs Loosh at -1 millon. and lay even money on me vs kido since we've never seen him fight and he's asian and aggressive.
JC,Are you seriously considering getting into MMA for the sport or for the competition aspect?
JC,Are you seriously considering getting into MMA for the sport or for the competition aspect?
I did various forms of martial arts growing up, TKD as a kid, I did a lttle Aikido and Kempo as a teen (only did kempo for like 1 month, Aikido for like 1 year) and Judo for a few years in Highschool. I always thought that Marrtial arts were a good way to stay disciplined and blow off some steam that I'd develop as a teen. Now with poker I'm not getting enough exercise, not as focused and disciplined on various aspects of life (including poker), and I would also like an outlet for frustration. Not to mention the self protection value, and the amount of personal confidence it brings. I'd choose MMA mainly because I'm a huge fan, and because I would like to learn Muay Thai and Brazilian JJ...I probably wouldn't do it competitively because I'm too busy with poker, but it'd be a hobby that I'd like to pursue for sure. Anyway, this is looshballs well...
You can not just say stuff in here if no one asks you a question...rules man..RULES.
Looshle, are you playing the Bodog 100K, and if so, are you going to win it?

JC, I wrestled in middle school. Was like 50-2 in my career or something. OBVIO my ground game is far superior. I would say you would be ~-220 or so. But it wouldn't matter when I knocked you out with this shit:f1002-C.jpg

JC, I wrestled in middle school. Was like 50-2 in my career or something. OBVIO my ground game is far superior. I would say you would be ~-220 or so. But it wouldn't matter when I knocked you out with this shit:f1002-C.jpg
lolol at the pic...

Looshle, Thank you for taking the time to give back to the poker community... I dont know you all that well, and If you have coached others before that is cool, but if not, why not? And if you have how was their success rate?

Are you solely a HE player, or do you play other forms as well? What advantages or disadvantages do you see to being able to play different forms? If you have not played others, is that something you plan to do sometime in the future? If you have, how do you feel they have helped you develop as a player, or how one game makes you better at another?

If you were to somehow play Erik Ryland heads up what special moves would you have to defeat his "balla" "pro style" level of playing. I know this is really hypothetical as you are obviously not to that level yet, but could you therorize for our benefit.TYMark

LMAO!
I'm not sure how you are playing but a couple key things I have been doing that I hadnt always was raising less than 3bb preflop and restealing on obv steals
been doing the less than 3bb raise and it doesn't seem to make a difference meaning just as many people fold to it, and when they do pop it, you get some good info... thanks for the tip.... any more? I am coachable....J
How many times or any, did you go broke when starting out? how did you find to rebuild from these times.
Never have gone broke since playing professionally, hopefully its something I don't have to worry about which I'm pretty sure I won't.

i don't know if you mentioned it in here or elsewhere, or what game it concerned, but i recall you saying something about playing more passively lately and relying on reads to win the mobneys. i recently got back into LHE and have noticed myself adapting to a much more aggressive game than i used to play by being far more passive than i used to be (still successful, but it feels weird). can you say a little more about the contexts in which you're using this passive play and how it's working for you?

Have you ever lost the motivation to play poker? If so, what did you do?What is the main reason you play poker, competition, love of the game, money, etc? Has the reason ever changed and affected your game?
not in general, I've always had a love for cards and the fact that you can make pretty good money at it always made me wanna jump in the box.I def play because I love it. I had been playing tournaments more than cash where I had a lower expected value just because I find tournaments much more fun, lately its been cash, but when I'm playing its mostly because I just enjoy it.