The Well: Looshle

Do you think the idea that playing poker for a living is pretty useless (and kinda meaningless other then the money) creates pretty misereable poker players?
On the same note, Loosh, when you gonna become an environmental lawyer like the rest of us?
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how you are playing but a couple key things I have been doing that I hadnt always was raising less than 3bb preflop and restealing on obv steals
Any particular reasons for this? You'll enter random amount likes 124, 199, 177, etc
I'm not sure how you are playing but a couple key things I have been doing that I hadnt always was raising less than 3bb preflop and restealing on obv steals
Can you elaborate on both of these things, please?I'm not a tourney donk by any stretch of the imagination, although I did get eliminated by you in one of the PCA steps a few days ago, LOL.
Do you think the idea that playing poker for a living is pretty useless (and kinda meaningless other then the money) creates pretty misereable poker players?
I think it makes alot of people miserable but I don't consider it useless. It's the nature of capitalism. It's no different than stocks. People go to great schools for great degrees so they can have great jobs and make good money. Yes there's a percentage of the population who do what they do to help the world or a certain aspect of it but it's pretty small. Money is why we work.
Any particular reasons for this? You'll enter random amount likes 124, 199, 177, etc
Yea but its not what I mean, I just mean risking less to steal the blinds because it adds up after you get shoved on a few times, also people will start playing back at you and when you pick up 2 ace nuggets theyll jsut assume youre being aggressive and crazy, the random numbers just make it more fun
Can you elaborate on both of these things, please?I'm not a tourney donk by any stretch of the imagination, although I did get eliminated by you in one of the PCA steps a few days ago, LOL.
I just addressed the smaller opening raises but on the point of restealing, once you start knowing players you can just tell when someones going for a steal and if you continue to fold to those raises you might just end up in desperation mode when you could be picking up a decent sized pot most of the time only to get reshoved on a tiny percentage of the time.
have you done any podcast or vidblogs or anything? -nopewhy dont you have an avatar on fcp? - never really had one, its like a trademark but notdo you have an avatar on ps, if so what is it? its roothlus with the gayest smile in the history of the world

looshle, how upset are you seeing Timlin brought in/left in, to blow another game? This has been going on for 2 years, and it tilts me everytime.great thread, thank you

What do you do for health insurance?
Why does this question keep coming up,(I am not calling you out GGW I have just seen it asked like a hundred times on here) ?Individual health insurance is cheap. If Justin is under 30 which I am assuming he is, it will be like $150 a month give or take.
looshle, how upset are you seeing Timlin brought in/left in, to blow another game? This has been going on for 2 years, and it tilts me everytime.great thread, thank you
its cool, it makes me feel better for taking the sucker ass moneyline bet instead of the runline.na jk, im tilted
Why does this question keep coming up,(I am not calling you out GGW I have just seen it asked like a hundred times on here) ?Individual health insurance is cheap. If Justin is under 30 which I am assuming he is, it will be like $150 a month give or take.
yea i have some basic health insurance for around that price

Would you say you got to where you are by reading books (specific ones?) or just by learning as you go/experience?

What for you is the best way to stay off tilt?Also I know of a friend of my on the fourms who been running really really badly online. He thinks that it is his play but it isn't. How would you deal with this?
I have to work a lot on tilt, but the only thing I really do is just go back through the hands that got me tilted and try to assure myself I played it right, if it gets too bad I take a break.Just make sure your friends bad streak isn't affecting his play like making him more timid, passive, tighter. As long as he is playing winning poker, he just has to play through it, wait till the cards start co-operating and remember how he felt during the bad streak and that it wasn't permanent.
Would you say you got to where you are by reading books (specific ones?) or just by learning as you go/experience?
Def experience. It's the key to winning poker, you learn so much more from your own mistakes, than from other peoples mistakes and/or winning strategies. Books do help but I think you learn so much more from learning it yourself because you're able to go through hands and situations you actually were part of. You were there and know a lot more about each hand that books can't always portray.
when playing online, what's the minimum amount of time to play a session? i.e. don't play unless you have at least 30 minutes, one hour, etc.
I'll get a session in while banging a deuce. As long as you're a winning play, you'll theoretically make money every hand you play.

When I stayed with them in Vegas, I feel like loosh was probably the one guy I talked to least about strat, so it's time to play some catch up.Do you feel your LHE background has made you especially effective in the 10ks that you play? I've seen HHs and sweated you a little bit in bigger events and it seems like you check-call more than average-do you feel like the current climate for big tourneys is that you have to prey on aggression more, especially early, opposed to being the one being so aggressive?How do you reconcile your online game with your live game? Do your more insane moves (for example, I think I see you 3bet the flop with air when playing online more than almost anyone I've seen, especially shorthanded) translate into your live game, or are they more sparse?Do you especially enjoy being more of an "unknown" when playing online tourneys? Does the fact that you are a lower volume player and less known to the masses allow you to pull moves that you couldn't if you were known, or do you feel like you have to temper your play because it's tougher to gauge how much FE you have? I know you were ranked on P5s for like 3 days, but if you were to become a highly known player, would you consider changing your name for anonymity's sake?I know from talking to you that LHE burns you out a lot less than tourneys. Why do you feel that is? It's obviously a rarer type of condition than the opposite-there are just so many fewer players that stick to LHE nowadays and more instead progress into NLHE/tourneys/mixed games.Do you feel that the learning curve for the average player in NLHE has caught up to that of LHE? Personally, I feel like for a period of time LHE games became very tough to beat without making significant adjustments to your game as people became more and more aggressive, and that NLHE was insanely easy to beat after the poker boom, but it appears to me that especially with cash games online they have become much tougher. Have you noticed that the average LHE game at your limits has been becoming stronger or weaker lately?I've always really respected your game. I think for me I was kind of unsure about the exact quality of player you were prior to heading out to Vegas, but then watching you play HU a couple of time in the fcp league was very impressive. I won't divulge your secrets to the rest of the population because that would be wrong, but needless to say your gameplan was obviously very well thought out and quite fun to watch.Oh, and one final question-Have you ever gotten a different order at McDonalds?

How do you address early stages of 10ks where the play is very deepstacked? Are you of the mentality that this is where there will be the highest concentration of poor players, so you're looking to play more pots to abuse the weak players or are you playing more passively? Do you ever limp early in 10ks when the stacks are like 10-20k and the blidns are 25-50, 50/100 etc?Do you try to talk to players at the table to gain information when facing a bet? Do you ever talk while your opponent is making the decision to try to influence his decisions or do you generally stay quiet?Edit: The new scale is -3 to 3