• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW I actually agree that we should call here. My reason being that we have no read on this villian so why not call his turn bet and see if we can c/c the river to see what he played at us here. This way we can make better plays on said villian the next time a situation like this comes up.side note: i think c/c means check/check, so if it actually means check/call then I am not advocating that as a big river bet will probably get me to fold but another smallish river bet will make me call for the same reason.

FWIW I actually agree that we should call here. My reason being that we have no read on this villian so why not call his turn bet and see if we can c/c the river to see what he played at us here. This way we can make better plays on said villian the next time a situation like this comes up.side note: i think c/c means check/check, so if it actually means check/call then I am not advocating that as a big river bet will probably get me to fold but another smallish river bet will make me call for the same reason.
c/c does mean check-call, and is usually reserved for OOP-serious post haha
can we get the results on this hand so this thread can finally die a lonely and quiet death?
Sorry guys, woulda had the results up sooner, but waited 10 minutes of my life watching TempNuts youtube video.As played: I time banked my way down and final convinced myself to shove. Villain called w/ KK, and I missed my 2 outter.
Sorry guys, woulda had the results up sooner, but waited 10 minutes of my life watching TempNuts youtube video.As played: I time banked my way down and final convinced myself to shove. Villain called w/ KK, and I missed my 2 outter.
In retrospect why do you think he took this line?
In retrospect why do you think he took this line?
If he 4-bets KK preflop then his hand is very transparent.As for post flop, I am not gonna begin to guess. I mean, although the SB's range was fairly narrow, Cwik's range isn't necessarily as narrow (since he was the aggressor preflop in position) and can include hands like AK/AQ/AJ and TT and stuff.
If he 4-bets KK preflop then his hand is very transparent.As for post flop, I am not gonna begin to guess. I mean, although the SB's range was fairly narrow, Cwik's range isn't necessarily as narrow (since he was the aggressor preflop in position) and can include hands like AK/AQ/AJ and TT and stuff.
Tricky by villain, yet effective.
Tricky by villain, yet effective.
Actually, I think the villain donked it up pretty hard. This could have been a much more standard overpair vs overpair. If he just bet the flop, I am probably getting it all in at that point. As played, I almost got away from it and probably should have, loseing almost the minimum with a 3/bet pot (I did lose a bet on the flop, but I am c-betting this about 110% of the time). IMO, if the villain wants to get 'tricky' it is c/r the turn, when I am pot committed. As played he simply gave his hand strength away, and got semi lucky I am not a better player to let this go.
Actually, I think the villain donked it up pretty hard. This could have been a much more standard overpair vs overpair. If he just bet the flop, I am probably getting it all in at that point. As played, I almost got away from it and probably should have, loseing almost the minimum with a 3/bet pot (I did lose a bet on the flop, but I am c-betting this about 110% of the time). IMO, if the villain wants to get 'tricky' it is c/r the turn, when I am pot committed. As played he simply gave his hand strength away, and got semi lucky I am not a better player to let this go.
True, but, I think we saw in the responses on this forum that a TON of people give action on that little $40 turn bet and realize once it's done that they're pretty much committed to villain's push on the river.

So here's my conversation with cwik before he made the thread...cwik: *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to cwik1 [Qd Qs] BamYeah raises to $7 cwik1 raises to $24 bigmiket30 folds vlb66 folds clueless56 has 15 seconds left to act clueless56 calls $23 AK4eva folds BamYeah folds *** FLOP *** [3s 4d Jc] clueless56 checks cwik1 has 15 seconds left to act cwik1 bets $38 clueless56 has 15 seconds left to act clueless56 calls $38 *** TURN *** [3s 4d Jc] [9h] clueless56 has 15 seconds left to act clueless56 bets $40 cwik1 ....Cobalt: That's pretty bizarre.Cobalt: Stack sizes?cwik: effective 200cwik: lolCobalt: To start, right?cwik: yeahcwik: I just bought incwik: he has like $300 to startcwik: I have like 10 hands on himCobalt: I mean, I'd almost always say that's a line of a draw.Cobalt: ...but the board's so freaking dry.cwik: yeah and what draw CC a 3bet preflop?Cobalt: I can't imagine what he's got that we can beat.cwik: AJ?Cobalt: Yeah...that's about it.Cobalt: And it's very poor to CC3 that.Cobalt: Sometimes a turned two pair will take that line...though it's hard to figure him for J9.cwik: so, muck?Cobalt: I think it's AA/KK or a set.Cobalt: ...or should be anyway.cwik: seems pretty weak, but yeah, not a lot we can beatCobalt: Yeah...it's going to look super weak unfortunately.Temp, I know it's painful to let overpairs go, but you absolutely have to practice good hand-reading analysis. This is a fairly basic fold. In fact, it's so "trivial" that I didn't think he needed to post it and was boggled when I saw this much discussion resulted.

Temp, I know it's painful to let overpairs go, but you absolutely have to practice good hand-reading analysis. This is a fairly basic fold. In fact, it's so "trivial" that I didn't think he needed to post it and was boggled when I saw this much discussion resulted.
Foliding overpairs is Weak you poker noob.But seriously, it's not that trivial is it? ISAP, but i really wouldn't be confident of what to do in that situation and from the 5 pages this thread has got to it seems like a few other people wouldn't be aswell.
But seriously, it's not that trivial is it? ISAP, but i really wouldn't be confident of what to do in that situation and from the 5 pages this thread has got to it seems like a few other people wouldn't be aswell.
Well, it should be. Looking at the action and the board, it's almost impossible for us to be ahead...and if we're calling the turn, we do have to fold to bets on most rivers. The flop texture is key though. If there was some drawage available on the flop, this becomes much more complex.