PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($15.13)SB ($2.58)BB ($6.88)UTG ($4.53)Hero ($9.34)MP1 ($3.98)MP2 ($4.99)CO ($5.88)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Qdiamond.gif, Kclub.gif. UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($0.25) 9heart.gif, 4diamond.gif, Jspade.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB bets $0.15, UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.6, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.45.Turn: ($1.45) 5club.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.4, BB calls $1.40.River: ($4.25) Tclub.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB calls $3.Final Pot: $10.25I know PF is horrible and it is not something I usually do, but the table is fairly passive and at these stakes you see people limping in with a really wide range of hands from many positions.What are the thoughts on post flop play?

This is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so................. BAD! 5 people saw a limped flop and you are raising with a gut shot, wtf? You limped in, have nothing invested, fold to the first bet every single time.Don't ever bluff in the $0.02/0.05NL game on pokerstars.

I'd take the free card on the turn but your line isn't bad.As you said I raise or fold this pf. Probably fold at an 8 handed table.Edit: Just read the flop action. Not sure this is a profitable raise.

This is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so................. BAD! 5 people saw a limped flop and you are raising with a gut shot, wtf? You limped in, have nothing invested, fold to the first bet every single time.Don't ever bluff in the $0.05 game on pokerstars.
Well, the reason for the reraise was that I considered my K and Q to be an out, I also only really had the middle position to worry about behind me as the SB was checking and UTG had already folded.vs. a single pair I am a favorite and his bet looked like a scared jack at the time. I probably didn't think this hand through too well though.
Well, the reason for the reraise was that I considered my K and Q to be an out, I also only really had the middle position to worry about behind me as the SB was checking and UTG had already folded.vs. a single pair I am a favorite and his bet looked like a scared jack at the time. I probably didn't think this hand through too well though.
I think you might need to take into account that there are a brazillion ppl to act behind you and the board connected with a fair portion of their ranges.And do not consider your K or Q as an out here, that is a significant leak. The villain will very often show up with KJ/QJ here.
I think you might need to take into account that there are a brazillion ppl to act behind you and the board connected with a fair portion of their ranges.And do not consider your K or Q as an out here, that is a significant leak. The villain will very often show up with KJ/QJ here.
Only the middle position limper was behind me but I am glad you have said that about my outs. This was definitely overplayed.
In a limped pot like this I would never count your two overs as clean outs. Which was exactly the case here, I saw the results before they were edited out. People limp with alot of garbage hands that make a lot of garbage two pair, or bottom/second pair with a K or Q kicker. In which case you really only have 4 clean outs and can never be sure about any others. I've played these limits, I got my start at .01/.02 NL on pokerstars. As I said you don't need to bluff in pots like this. So many people are stacking off top pair no kicker you really need to just wait for hands. Plays like this will only cost you in the long run. Just play solid poker for now untill you get a bigger roll. Which shouldn't take long since the beauty of these tables is that the max buy in is 250BB's for .01/.02 and 200BB's for .02/.05. Atleast this was the case at 6 max, not sure about full ring, people will make stupid mistakes for more BB's since the max buy in is higher.
In a limped pot like this I would never count your two overs as clean outs. Which was exactly the case here, I saw the results before they were edited out. People limp with alot of garbage hands that make a lot of garbage two pair, or bottom/second pair with a K or Q kicker. In which case you really only have 4 clean outs and can never be sure about any others. I've played these limits, I got my start at .01/.02 NL on pokerstars. As I said you don't need to bluff in pots like this. So many people are stacking off top pair no kicker you really need to just wait for hands. Plays like this will only cost you in the long run. Just play solid poker for now untill you get a bigger roll. Which shouldn't take long since the beauty of these tables is that the max buy in is 250BB's for .01/.02 and 200BB's for .02/.05. Atleast this was the case at 6 max, not sure about full ring, people will make stupid mistakes for more BB's since the max buy in is higher.
Yeah, I know. I see people making collosal mistakes at these levels. If you take notes or pay close attention even for a couple of rounds you start to notice people constantly limping from early positions with holdings that should definitely be folded, leading out with middle pair in multiway pots or even majorly overplaying gutshots with a few muddy outs thrown in :club: My major leak is just lack of discipline. I have been playing 100 - 200 hands every day this week though and the urges to stack off idiotically are slowly ebbing away.
Yeah, I know. I see people making collosal mistakes at these levels. If you take notes or pay close attention even for a couple of rounds you start to notice people constantly limping from early positions with holdings that should definitely be folded, leading out with middle pair in multiway pots or even majorly overplaying gutshots with a few muddy outs thrown in :club: My major leak is just lack of discipline. I have been playing 100 - 200 hands every day this week though and the urges to stack off idiotically are slowly ebbing away.
I almost hate playing at the low limits. If you get to a 3 bet on preflop with AA in your hand and you raise all in, some idiot will call you with some garbage hand and suck out.I don't even like playing the $1.20 SNGs for this reason. If I get enough of a roll I play the $5.50 SNGs or higher.
I almost hate playing at the low limits. If you get to a 3 bet on preflop with AA in your hand and you raise all in, some idiot will call you with some garbage hand and suck out.I don't even like playing the $1.20 SNGs for this reason. If I get enough of a roll I play the $5.50 SNGs or higher.
Yeah I know what you mean, but it is very easy to spot the lags and the weak tights at these limits so it makes these decisions a little easier.Kings vs a shove is still difficult though, sometimes you'll see aces, sometimes you'll see 77. lol
Should I even bother?
I'll take this one.You want the idiots to call you with a garbage hand when you go all in preflop with AA. IT'S HOW WE MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know PF is horrible and it is not something I usually do, but the table is fairly passive and at these stakes you see people limping in with a really wide range of hands from many positions.What are the thoughts on post flop play?
I peel the turn cheap, because the villain shows interest.
1. This is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so................. BAD! 5 people saw a limped flop and you are raising with a gut shot, wtf? You limped in, have nothing invested, fold to the first bet every single time.2. Don't ever bluff in the $0.02/0.05NL game on pokerstars.
1. Yeah ... I don't mind it. And fold for a bet like that? Never.2. Never played, but I can guess that's true.
I'd take the free card on the turn but your line isn't bad.As you said I raise or fold this pf. Probably fold at an 8 handed table.Edit: Just read the flop action. Not sure this is a profitable raise.
If we don't bluff, I assume that's because we get called down with ATC. If there's a table like that, I'm limping almost anything I can hit hard with. KJ is one of those hands.
Like a lot of people said, you can run into to two pair a lot. Even when you hit your over, don't get cocky with it and you'll be fine.
I almost hate playing at the low limits. If you get to a 3 bet on preflop with AA in your hand and you raise all in, some idiot will call you with some garbage hand and suck out.
If this upsets you, you're not playing well.
If this upsets you, you're not playing well.
I wouldn't say it upsets me. Here's an example of what I mean. This past Sunday I played in a live $1/2 cash game. I raised it to 3.5xBB and I got called by someone holding 92o. I folded to his set of 9s on the turn and I lost minimal money on it. I play fine. It just baffles me when someone is willing to risk their stack on an absolutely horrible hand. My example isn't an all-in like I said earlier, but you get what I'm saying. I mean, it's poker and everyone plays their money/cards their own way and that's fine with me.
I wouldn't say it upsets me. Here's an example of what I mean. This past Sunday I played in a live $1/2 cash game. I raised it to 3.5xBB and I got called by someone holding 92o. I folded to his set of 9s on the turn and I lost minimal money on it. I play fine. It just baffles me when someone is willing to risk their stack on an absolutely horrible hand. My example isn't an all-in like I said earlier, but you get what I'm saying. I mean, it's poker and everyone plays their money/cards their own way and that's fine with me.
If he called 3.5bbs preflop, he wasn't playing for HIS stack, he was playing for YOUR stack.Calling with bad hands, especially in position is a good way to make money, and it's a damn good way to get deep stacked if you can outplay people. Just ask Daniel :)Let's say someone raises 5x under the gun and you're both 100bbs deep. You know for a fact that he has either AK, AA, or KK since he's raising 5x UTG, which you've only ever seen him do with those three hands. You have 8 :club: 6 :D on the button. Would you call? I would. When you think someone has a good hand, and you've got a little somethin'-somethin' in position, you should be playing it and hoping the moron stacks off to you if you hit a good flop, and it's a very easy fold when you miss. People are very sticky to those hands, so you should be giving them some action.

I understand the importance of position clearly. I've just never even though about calling a raise in position with a junk hand. Definitely not something I'd try constantly. Does that make me too tight of a player?