I've just begun playing low limit i find myself being less patient with my play. I just want to get in there and see a flop with anything hoping i can take down a pot, and of course it fails. My patience level of patience is killing me, need help how do you guys deal with this. I just cant wait around for Premium hands even though i know i should.

My suggestions may be a little unothadox, but they work. 1) Play golf: You have to be very patient to be good at golf, any frustration throws of your game, both mentally and physically. Believe it or not, golf is more of a mental game than anything. I relate it to poker all he time.2) Try playing 2 tables at a time: I hear of people playing up to 4 tables at a time, I can't do it. I have alot of patience, and am sort of a chess player type guy. I like to think things through. 3) Listen to music: Music fills the gap, TV overwhelms it. TV will distract you, music will keep you interested.4) Try doing chip tricks: I shuffle and and knuckle roll...I'm trying to get the butterfly down now. I can fan'em but getting them back to normal is hard.5) Talk with your opponents: Find out what type of person they are, it will say alot about their game. Some guys just wont talk to you, just find the ones that will and pick the hell out of their brain without giving anything about yourself away.6) Read about poker: I like to read a good book or a card player magazine. That way poker is still on my brain while i'm waiting. Plus, if I read some strategy I can apply it if the situation occurs.7) Watch the players: I almost forgot the most important one. Pay attention to opponents betting patterns. "who's the maniac? whos the tight/aggressive guy?"...yada yadaI am a very patien person, and I strongly believe it is because I have played golf for about 10 years. Maybe I was good at golf because I was patient....hmmmmm. Either way golf is a good mental excersice. The golf one will take longer than the others, but I think it would have the most impact if you tried it.

when i play live i just try to pay attention to the action each hand, it actually makes time go by faster and you learn alot about your oppenents, if its online, multiple tables is the way to go

Personally, I try to do things that will test my patience. Stupid little things like:driving under the speed limit (it drives me crazy, though)cooking with a stove instead of a microwavewriting slowly (it also keeps my hand from hurting and makes my writing easier to read)eating slowly Yeah, these are all stupid things, but I figure if I can curb my impatience doing everyday things, it'll help at the table when I'm twiddling my thumbs (and watching my opponents betting patterns) waiting for a good hand. :D