What Do You Consider As "good" Income

So far fullcontactpoker forums have been great to ask questions and I just want to know what you consider a "good" income playing poker online/live. This could depend on your bills(rent, food, booze, girls) and where you live and how much you play.I was thinking if you're a semi-pro that 4k+ per month playing SNG's or MTT is good? But you could end up winning a 100k Tournament..What income would establish you too be a good poker player? Should you always set a goal to reach for at the end of the month, and if you don't reach it make your next month's goal a little higher?I always try to have my bills paid for months in advance and have 50% of my bankroll locked up in a bank somewhere. I play SNG's and MTT's(not much of a pure cash game player putting in $5,000 a pot) and make it out okay.

Doesnt that depend on what kind of life you want to live, Obv you can get rich or u can just play for fun......hold on im going to get my fire retardent suit ill be back

Doesnt that depend on what kind of life you want to live, Obv you can get rich or u can just play for fun......hold on im going to get my fire retardent suit ill be back
That's what I asked. So? What would be your reply?

Such a relative question to the stakes you play. You can't just say, "you should make x amount of dollars".You should hopefully have a decent win rate at whatever limit you play, and basing off your winrate, have a set amount of money you are expected to make per month or per year.4k a month for you may be good, 4k a month for other players is nothing. Both may be pros, but one wins/losses 4k a day while the other wins/losses 200-400 a day.- Jordan

Such a relative question to the stakes you play. You can't just say, "you should make x amount of dollars".You should hopefully have a decent win rate at whatever limit you play, and basing off your winrate, have a set amount of money you are expected to make per month or per year.4k a month for you may be good, 4k a month for other players is nothing. Both may be pros, but one wins/losses 4k a day while the other wins/losses 200-400 a day.- Jordan
Thanks. Well if you're like that Benyamine guy who plays $1000/$2000 omaha h/l or limit hold'em on full tilt then I guess 4k is nothing.
Thanks. Well if you're like that Benyamine guy who plays $1000/$2000 omaha h/l or limit hold'em on full tilt then I guess 4k is nothing.
Or if you play 10/20 nl.Dont have to be benyamine.
So far fullcontactpoker forums have been great to ask questions and I just want to know what you consider a "good" income playing poker online/live. This could depend on your bills(rent, food, booze, girls) and where you live and how much you play.I was thinking if you're a semi-pro that 4k+ per month playing SNG's or MTT is good? But you could end up winning a 100k Tournament..What income would establish you too be a good poker player? Should you always set a goal to reach for at the end of the month, and if you don't reach it make your next month's goal a little higher?I always try to have my bills paid for months in advance and have 50% of my bankroll locked up in a bank somewhere. I play SNG's and MTT's(not much of a pure cash game player putting in $5,000 a pot) and make it out okay.
Like you said, it depends a lot on where you live and what kind of life you want to live. If I was ever going to start playing full time, I'd seriously consider moving out of the Bay Area because of the cost of living, and there wouldn't be much reason to live in a high cost area if a majority of my play would be online. I don't think there is a set 'income' that would establish you as a good player - that would be better judged using something like your ROI or your expectation rate. 4k profit per month + 50% of your BR in the bank + bills paid is ideal, and I can't see you having a problem living anywhere in the US (in varying degrees of comfort) if you could do that consistently. You should also always have a substantial amount of cash in the bank to weather the downside of variance which will inevitably hit you from time to time. (unless this is what you meant by 50% of your BR). If I was going to start playing full time, I would want a year's worth of living expenses saved up outside of my BR.I think setting goals is also a good idea, but I don't think failing to reach that goal should make you 'raise' your next month's goal. If you are going to be a MTT/sng player, you are going to go through long downswings in variance (months at a time), so raising your goal will do nothing but put added pressure on you if you are running bad, and that is exactly what you don't need.GLGL
Are you people still taking this clown seriously?
No. I think I saw him request a stake in another thread. Prob not the actions of someone up $50k this month. Just saying.

Usually if you're going to ask retarded questions after making a previous in which you asked retarded questions. At least be smart enough to change some basic information so people can't pinpoint the 2 accounts. Honestly, you are probably just some 14 year old kid who saw the WSOP on ESPN and played in a few freerolls in which you chipped up a little only to donk it off. You most likely do not have a roll and if you do, please take a screen shot of your cashier. If not, stfu.

Usually if you're going to ask retarded questions after making a previous in which you asked retarded questions. At least be smart enough to change some basic information so people can't pinpoint the 2 accounts. Honestly, you are probably just some 14 year old kid who saw the WSOP on ESPN and played in a few freerolls in which you chipped up a little only to donk it off. You most likely do not have a roll and if you do, please take a screen shot of your cashier. If not, stfu.
Hey, 14 year olds are awesome at poker, I know I was.Edit: Nice way to bring up 500...sw