So, of all the people who play poker (online and live), what percentage do you think actually study the game in the way people here do?Just curious as to how good one can expect the general poker playing population to be. I know that most of my home game friends never study up on any of these things. A couple are starting to think "hey, I need to learn a little bit more."

So, of all the people who play poker (online and live), what percentage do you think actually study the game in the way people here do?Just curious as to how good one can expect the general poker playing population to be. I know that most of my home game friends never study up on any of these things. A couple are starting to think "hey, I need to learn a little bit more."
poker on television rules!

I would say it varies based on the limit you play at. But on the whole? I'd say about 10-15% have ever read a book about poker. You got to figure that almost 100% of people playing high stakes, like 100/200, have done some reading, with the exception of the odd rich dude. And conversely, people playing very low limits, I'd say 1-2% have read on the subject. And seeing as there are WAY more people playing micro limits, the overall average is reduced significantly.But what the hell do I know?