Anybody here take know of any good tutorials (print or online) in calculating probabilites, etc.?I took these math courses in college but can't find my textbooks to do a review. If you know the following terms, you know what I'm talking about:- combinatorics- 52 choose 9 = (9! / 52*53*54*...)- permutationsThanks. Never thought back then that I'd find such a practical purpose for all this.

Anybody here take know of any good tutorials (print or online) in calculating probabilites, etc.?I took these math courses in college but can't find my textbooks to do a review. If you know the following terms, you know what I'm talking about:- combinatorics- 52 choose 9 = (9! / 52*53*54*...)- permutationsThanks. Never thought back then that I'd find such a practical purpose for all this.
This in not meant to be a smart-assed answer:http://tinyurl.com/cqymj

I'm in the same boat. I have a good grasp on math, probability, statistics, etc or at least I ace'd the classes in high school and college. However trying to remember how I did it all on my 10 year old graph calculator is an exerise in futility. So is there a good refresher course for people who used to know?

52 choose 9 = 52! / 9! (52-9)!just for further reference.I am currently completing a BS in mathematics, however a majority of it has not been very useful, poker odds really are not that difficult that you needed advanced probability for. However i am taking game thoery next year, which i am hoping will enlighten my game a little.

hahaha. i play a game with a guy double majoring in game theory and psychology so he thinks that automatically makes him a poker genius. unfortunately, he still needs to understand that calling all in's with ATo aren't really the best thing to do.

Lol, now that you mention it, i have a double major in math and psychology also, ( sometimes i jokingly refer to it as, the poker major) however i dont feel either one affects my poker game. But i suppose my psych concentration is mostly biopsychology, but i still dont think they teach anyone how to tell if a guy has 27 or AA, maybe i jsut havent taken that course yet.