turn betting question...

I am having my weekly homegame tonight and I had one quick question for all...here it goes...one of my good buddies has this habit of betting the turn come hell or high water if it is checked all the way around on the flop, whether he has a hand or not...(we play short handed), this is good when i have a big hand, or even a hand like TPTK, and can milk him on it...there a few times, when i seem to be getting cold cards, that I end up reraising the wrong pots and folding winning hands...is there anything else that i can do other than just let him have small pots, and me win big pots...All help would be appreciated...

I'm of the opinion of (almost) never checking it twice in position in a short-handed game. Especially in no limit shorthanded. The trick is not getting carried away and realizing when you're beat.It's not necessarily a bad strategy. Depending on the opponents it can be a quite profitable play.

raise him with shitSHOW him that your pots are not for sale.also, that way, when you do have a big hand, THAT will be the time he calls you down, so instead of milking... you start BLEEDING him. Win-win.

I would say that if you think you have the best hand come over the top (reraise) and see where you are in the hand. If your friend is liable to call the reraise with anything wait until you have the best hand and punish him. The next time he the flop checks around and he has rags he might just check it.

just check and call everything, that's the key to winning poker. :)O.K. seriously, fold the first time and act like you had something decent. Next time, raise (no matter what you have), but don't say anything (be very quiet and don't look at him). He'll likely think you have something good and fold or just call. Then, raise the river no matter what. He'll likely fold, but if he doesn't, then you'll at least show him that he can't just buy pots. Hey, you might even with the hand! :club: Whatever happens, make sure to think about what he thinks he has learned from the hand, and use that "knowledge" to your advantage later to take an even bigger pot off of him. Or, just check and call everything...