Sec Delivers.......

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USC won a home game against the 2nd best team from a bad conference.
PSU was the best team in the Big-10 this year. It's really not up for discussion. And you can call the conference bad all you want, 2 teams finished in the top ten and maybe the hottest team in the country is in the top 20 from the Big-10 too.
PSU was the best team in the Big-10 this year. It's really not up for discussion. And you can call the conference bad all you want, 2 teams finished in the top ten and maybe the hottest team in the country is in the top 20 from the Big-10 too.
Sure, the big 10 had two top ten teams since they dont have to play anyone good in conference. They got exposed again, keep ignoring the obvious. Fine, PSU was the best team. And they got steamrolled until USC let up in the 2nd half. Makes my point stronger while not making the Pac-10s case much stronger.But hey you liked PSU to win that Rose Bowl so what do I know.
Sure, the big 10 had two top ten teams since they dont have to play anyone good in conference. They got exposed again, keep ignoring the obvious. Fine, PSU was the best team. And they got steamrolled until USC let up in the 2nd half. Makes my point stronger while not making the Pac-10s case much stronger.But hey you liked PSU to win that Rose Bowl so what do I know.
What conference does? You telling me Florida had a murderers row of people to go through? GA was a disappointment from week 1, LSU played with 10 men on offense most the year since they forgot what a QB does. The only respectable team FL played in the regular season was Ole Miss and they lost at home to them. The rest of the SEC was a joke... SC, KY, TN, Vandy... none of these were good teams so beating them doesn't impress me any more than beating Minnesota should if you are OSU/PSU. Sorry, the SEC doesn't have 8 teams worthy of being in the top twenty, no matter how much SEC fans claim it. You know how the Big-12 proved to be overrated this year... it's for the exact same reasons that the SEC has been in past years. Play nobody ooc, and not play tough conference games till late in the year so by the time they play the records are inflated by soft competition and that way all of a sudden team A beats team B and they both look good without having a real measuring stick.Florida is the only team in the SEC this year that would have gone through the top Big-10 teams probably undefeated. Alabama would lose to PSU and possibly to OSU and the way Iowa closed out the season I wouldn't be surprised if they could beat them too. OSU's loss to Texas was a whole lot more impressive than what Alabama did with Utah. And as far as USC calling off the dogs, that's bullshit. They never do that, PSU played better in the second half and everyone claims that USC called off the attack, whatever that's not Carrol's style. Especially after what Texas did to them in the title game a couple years back.
But I do think it is messed up that the only undefeated team (which beat 4 top 25 teams and crushed Bama in what was essentially a road bowl game) never had even a 1% chance of winning the title at any time. Terrible system. At least in college basketball the mid majors have a "chance" at winning. Every team should have a chance.
This.
Bolded: Wrong...Florida dominated, and not by much considering Oklahoma picked off Tebow as much as he had been all season. The reason it's relevant is because no offense in the country was playing as well as Oklahoma's was at the end of the season. I think the time off hurt their timing, not to mention losing their homerun running back affected them a bit. I'm not making excuses, I was pulling for Florida in the game because I don't like Oklahoma or their coach, and while a lot of the credit should be given to Florida that doesn't mean the layoff didn't have an effect. Defenses tend to play better after a long layoff than offenses.But equating Florida beating Oklahoma to the SEC being the most dominate conference is clearly a stupid leap of logic.AP final poll has 2 teams from the SEC in the top 10. You know what other conferences can claim the same thing... the Big-12, Pac-10, Big-10 and MWC who has the only undefeated team in the country. So dominate :club:
When I said "the SEC dominates" I was talking about the national title game. The SEC was not a "dominant conference" this year, but it could've been the best one overall, given how overrated the Big 12 looked, how mediocre the Big 10 was..and the Pac 10..well, don't make me laugh.Also, I LOVE how all year you've tried to argue that the Big 10 and SEC are similar from "top to bottom" and tried to talk about how the SEC is overrated b/c of the top couple teams while the rest of the conference is garbage...but now you want to try to argue against hte SEC using only the top 10 of one poll. Completely ridiculous.I don't see how you can continue to deny what the SEC has done this year. Third straigth NT and a great showing in the bowl games..yet you continue to harp about the Big Ten and their 1-6 bowl record being "pretty similar" to the SEC, while trying to call Ole Miss just a "decent team" while talking up Iowa. Iowa routed South Carolina..a middling SEC team...good for them. Ole Miss embarrassed Texas Tech, a supposed national title contender from the "best conference" IN TEXAS. No comparison between the Big 10 and SEC this year...the SEC is the best right now. Deal with it...The Big 10 probably will get better in the next couple years. They can't stay this sh*tty forever. We know the SEC will still be a great conference though..perhaps you'll actually have a little basis for your delusions next year.

my favorite thing about these threads is wondering what kind of off-the-wall stats or reasoning Jadaki and Co. will come up with next.......as Kowboy said earler, the Big 10 will get better......but how can you not believe this conference has been anything less than a joke for the past couple years.....BUT.......congrats to Iowa for beating SCar ........THAT was quality

I stumbled onto a stat today that kinda shocked me.. Anyone know when the last time Florida played an OOC game outside the state of Florida was?

1991, versus Syracuse.Disclaimer: I DON'T FIND IT PARTICULARLY RELEVANT TO ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR SINCE I KNOW THAT THEY TYPICALLY PLAY FLORIDA STATE AND USED TO PLAY MIAMI PRETTY CONSISTENTLY. THIS IS NOT A BASH ON THE SEC, JUST AN INTERESTING FACT, KOOP AND/OR FREDDIE

my favorite thing about these threads is wondering what kind of off-the-wall stats or reasoning Jadaki and Co. will come up with next.......as Kowboy said earler, the Big 10 will get better......but how can you not believe this conference has been anything less than a joke for the past couple years.....BUT.......congrats to Iowa for beating SCar ........THAT was quality
By the way, I don't know if this was a swipe at Iowa, but they flat out drilled South Carolina(as they should've)..like, way worse than the score indicated. I'd have taken Iowa versus any of the SEC teams except for Florida in a bowl game, the way they were playing at the end of the year.
By the way, I don't know if this was a swipe at Iowa, but they flat out drilled South Carolina(as they should've)..like, way worse than the score indicated. I'd have taken Iowa versus any of the SEC teams except for Florida in a bowl game, the way they were playing at the end of the year.
1. What will Iowa do when Shonn Greene goes pro?2. Tim Tebow will be returning for his senior season. Gators have a pretty easy schedule next year. They can run the table till the SEC title game (probably Alabama again) and then have a shot to go for 3 in 4 years.
1. What will Iowa do when Shonn Greene goes pro?2. Tim Tebow will be returning for his senior season. Gators have a pretty easy schedule next year. They can run the table till the SEC title game (probably Alabama again) and then have a shot to go for 3 in 4 years.
If it's possible, Iowa's will probably be more well rounded at running back this year. Jewel Hampton is the immediate starter who got quite a few carries(and touchdowns) this year as a true freshman and looks VERY promising and is a better reciever than Shonn Greene coming out of the backfield. They have a redshirt named Brinson who's apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread and was a 4 star guy coming out of high school who gets to play this year. Got a local guy coming out of Sioux City who ran for 3k yards this past year and 80 some touchdowns and has apparently run a legit 4.28 40.
When I said "the SEC dominates" I was talking about the national title game. The SEC was not a "dominant conference" this year, but it could've been the best one overall, given how overrated the Big 12 looked, how mediocre the Big 10 was..and the Pac 10..well, don't make me laugh.Also, I LOVE how all year you've tried to argue that the Big 10 and SEC are similar from "top to bottom" and tried to talk about how the SEC is overrated b/c of the top couple teams while the rest of the conference is garbage...but now you want to try to argue against hte SEC using only the top 10 of one poll. Completely ridiculous.I don't see how you can continue to deny what the SEC has done this year. Third straigth NT and a great showing in the bowl games..yet you continue to harp about the Big Ten and their 1-6 bowl record being "pretty similar" to the SEC, while trying to call Ole Miss just a "decent team" while talking up Iowa. Iowa routed South Carolina..a middling SEC team...good for them. Ole Miss embarrassed Texas Tech, a supposed national title contender from the "best conference" IN TEXAS. No comparison between the Big 10 and SEC this year...the SEC is the best right now. Deal with it...The Big 10 probably will get better in the next couple years. They can't stay this sh*tty forever. We know the SEC will still be a great conference though..perhaps you'll actually have a little basis for your delusions next year.
I love how because one team in your conference does good you try to elevate the rest of the conference to make up for your team getting smoked in a bowl game when they were huge favorites. Not to mention that Utah is pretty much getting robbed of the national title. If any team from a BCS conference had as many wins over top 25 teams and finished undefeated they would be the champs, but because CFB is retarded Utah gets the hose... it's not Florida's fault.Maybe if GA lived up to the preseason hype, and LSU ever found a QB the conference would be top heavy enough to make your claim, but they didn't. Not to mention you have traditional powerhouse teams like TN losing to horrible Pac-10 schools like UCLA who are using 4th string QB's, putting up 4 int's in one half and still winning.
I stumbled onto a stat today that kinda shocked me.. Anyone know when the last time Florida played an OOC game outside the state of Florida was?

1991, versus Syracuse.Disclaimer: I DON'T FIND IT PARTICULARLY RELEVANT TO ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR SINCE I KNOW THAT THEY TYPICALLY PLAY FLORIDA STATE AND USED TO PLAY MIAMI PRETTY CONSISTENTLY. THIS IS NOT A BASH ON THE SEC, JUST AN INTERESTING FACT, KOOP AND/OR FREDDIE

I stumbled onto a cool stat. When was the last time a team not from the SEC won the BCS national title. The 2005 season. This is not to bash you. This is to point out a fact.
I love how because one team in your conference does good you try to elevate the rest of the conference to make up for your team getting smoked in a bowl game when they were huge favorites. Not to mention that Utah is pretty much getting robbed of the national title. If any team from a BCS conference had as many wins over top 25 teams and finished undefeated they would be the champs, but because CFB is retarded Utah gets the hose... it's not Florida's fault.Maybe if GA lived up to the preseason hype, and LSU ever found a QB the conference would be top heavy enough to make your claim, but they didn't. Not to mention you have traditional powerhouse teams like TN losing to horrible Pac-10 schools like UCLA who are using 4th string QB's, putting up 4 int's in one half and still winning.
I like how you try to bash Bama for "getting smoked in a bowl game in which they were huge favorites" and then IMMEDIATLEY AFTER THAT talk about how Utah is getting robbed of a national title. If you think that Utah should be the national champs..that for what freaking reason would I be upset about Bama losing to them? Basically, you have come to the conclusion that Utah and Florida are the top two teams in the nation...and if those are the only two teams Bama has lost to.......how does that reflect poorly on Bama? LMFA>...you grasping is becoming more and more amusing. CFB is retarded and it is a shame that a team like Utah has zero chance to win the national title right from the very first preseason poll....but it has nothing to do with the strenght of the SEC. THe SEC is the best conferene in football right now. Maybe next year it won't be, we'll see what happens, but right now, it's the best. ...and those two teams you talk about, Georgia and LSU....how did they do in their bowl games again?? Oh yeah, they both won, one in a rout and another won without too much trouble. Oh, but Tennessee lost to a Pac-10 team early in the year, so I guess you can hang your feather on that.
I stumbled onto a cool stat. When was the last time a team not from the SEC won the BCS national title. The 2005 season. This is not to bash you. This is to point out a fact.
I think a team not leaving their home state for 18 years to play an out of conference game is more interesting and much less likely to happen than one conference reeling off three wins in a row in the National Championship game...but don't let that get in the way of your rabid need to validate a point that's already been conceded by everyone some number of months ago.
I like how you try to bash Bama for "getting smoked in a bowl game in which they were huge favorites" and then IMMEDIATLEY AFTER THAT talk about how Utah is getting robbed of a national title. If you think that Utah should be the national champs..that for what freaking reason would I be upset about Bama losing to them? Basically, you have come to the conclusion that Utah and Florida are the top two teams in the nation...and if those are the only two teams Bama has lost to.......how does that reflect poorly on Bama? LMFA>...you grasping is becoming more and more amusing. CFB is retarded and it is a shame that a team like Utah has zero chance to win the national title right from the very first preseason poll....but it has nothing to do with the strenght of the SEC. THe SEC is the best conferene in football right now. Maybe next year it won't be, we'll see what happens, but right now, it's the best. ...and those two teams you talk about, Georgia and LSU....how did they do in their bowl games again?? Oh yeah, they both won, one in a rout and another won without too much trouble. Oh, but Tennessee lost to a Pac-10 team early in the year, so I guess you can hang your feather on that.
Normally losing to arguably the top 2 teams in the country (USC would argue that and have a legitimate case) wouldn't be a horrible thing and I wouldn't keep bringing it up, but since you're sort of a douche bag like most SEC fans and Alabama fans particularly... I'm going to treat you like one.Alabama was supposed to be the favorite because you know, they spent like 5 weeks at number 1 while barely beating SEC bottom feeders. I'm sure you think that's strength of conference, I'd call it lack of ability to dominate inferior competition. Sabin's teams at LSU didn't have that problem so some people like me saw Alabama at #1 as a fluke, which it proved to be.At least we can agree that CFB is retarded in it's process for deciding a national champ. The only reason Florida is the "national champ" right now and not USC is because of east coast bias for the SEC.Lets not forget Iowa beat the dog shit out of an SEC team, and MSU (who was overrated, and so is Ringer) was a whole lot closer to beating GA than you give them credit for but I'm guessing you didn't watch that game. I did because I actually had money on it which was a freeroll thanks to that Iowa win earlier in the day. :club:
I think a team not leaving their home state for 18 years to play an out of conference game is more interesting and much less likely to happen than one conference reeling off three wins in a row in the National Championship game.
I pointed out that stat a while ago. There is actually a blog site somewhere that tracks SEC teams willingness to go on the road to play OOC opponents and compares the millage their teams travel compared to everyone else. Wanna guess what conference is at the bottom of the list for miles traveled for OOC games a year?
I pointed out that stat a while ago. There is actually a blog site somewhere that tracks SEC teams willingness to go on the road to play OOC opponents and compares the millage their teams travel compared to everyone else. Wanna guess what conference is at the bottom of the list for miles traveled for OOC games a year?
WAC?
Normally losing to arguably the top 2 teams in the country (USC would argue that and have a legitimate case) wouldn't be a horrible thing and I wouldn't keep bringing it up, but since you're sort of a douche bag like most SEC fans and Alabama fans particularly... I'm going to treat you like one.Alabama was supposed to be the favorite because you know, they spent like 5 weeks at number 1 while barely beating SEC bottom feeders. I'm sure you think that's strength of conference, I'd call it lack of ability to dominate inferior competition. Sabin's teams at LSU didn't have that problem so some people like me saw Alabama at #1 as a fluke, which it proved to be.At least we can agree that CFB is retarded in it's process for deciding a national champ. The only reason Florida is the "national champ" right now and not USC is because of east coast bias for the SEC.Lets not forget Iowa beat the dog shit out of an SEC team, and MSU (who was overrated, and so is Ringer) was a whole lot closer to beating GA than you give them credit for but I'm guessing you didn't watch that game. I did because I actually had money on it which was a freeroll thanks to that Iowa win earlier in the day. :club:
So basically, you know that I'm right...but because you don't like me, you'll just continue to argue false points anyways. Wow, you're a smart guy.Just keep on focusing on that one bad game we had where we lost to the team that you say is getting robbed of a national title. Just keep twisting yourself in your ignorance. One day you'll start listening to me more.......like the time I told everyone VY and Texas would beat USC...being one of the only ones to say it at the time (but of course now everyone wants to say that they thought it too....funny), like that time earlier this year when I said Bama wasn't the favorite for the national title, like when I said Florida was a favorite over Bama on a neutral field....like when I said the Big 12 was overrated b/c running up points against non-existent defenses led them to be massively overhyped...when I said Bama would come out flat and it would cost them the game....when I said Florida would handle Oklahoma fairly easily....god damn I'm one smart mother fucker.
So basically, you know that I'm right...but because you don't like me, you'll just continue to argue false points anyways. Wow, you're a smart guy.Just keep on focusing on that one bad game we had where we lost to the team that you say is getting robbed of a national title. Just keep twisting yourself in your ignorance. One day you'll start listening to me more.......like the time I told everyone VY and Texas would beat USC...being one of the only ones to say it at the time (but of course now everyone wants to say that they thought it too....funny), like that time earlier this year when I said Bama wasn't the favorite for the national title, like when I said Florida was a favorite over Bama on a neutral field....like when I said the Big 12 was overrated b/c running up points against non-existent defenses led them to be massively overhyped...when I said Bama would come out flat and it would cost them the game....when I said Florida would handle Oklahoma fairly easily....god damn I'm one smart mother fucker.
How does a program that hasn't ever been to a BCS game come out flat in it? Way to preform on a huge national stage...Utah is only getting robbed from the perspective that if they were in a BCS conference they would be the title holder. Their conference was in fact better than some BCS conferences this year like the Big East and maybe the ACC. Utah and TCU both probably would win each of those conferences.Yep, you were the only person in the world to think any of that, I never saw anyone say Texas would win even though they play that game 7 times USC wins 5.You were the only one saying that Bama wasn't the favorite for the title... really? I think pretty much everyone here said that because we watched them squeak by shit teams with 3 and 4 point wins and knew that against a team that got a lead on them they would be in trouble while you took the party line of "A win is a win". Way to be a supportive fan of your team though, maybe you should just keep making preemptive excuses for your teams next loss. Who didn't say Florida was a favorite over Alabama exactly... find one person here who said Alabama was the favorite. A lot of people thought the Big-12 defenses sucked, but I'm sure in your own little world only you thought that. Though it is similar to what some of us have said about SEC teams with shitty offenses making the defenses look good, but we can ignore that for now because in yoru world logic that applies to everyone else doesn't apply to the SEC.Oh and the last time your national champ played a Big-10 team, they got served too.