Sec Delivers.......

It doesn't leave out the 3rd through 5th spots, but often times it leaves out one or more of the top 10. There's only two teams per conference allowed plus each conference champion has an automatic birth. Often times the Gateway(Missouri Valley) has 3 teams in the Top 10, so one of those teams is left out. Same for the Colonial, I believe.
I mean...that's just the nature of divisions though. For example, the Twins made the MLB playoffs this year with a .534 win%. Three teams in MLB had better records than them that didn't make the playoffs. It's kind of the penalty for not finishing either 1st or 2nd in your division. Just win and there won't be a problem.As for the bowls, I think you can re-work that system a bit. If you're worried about the fans having to travel to far-flung locations (many already make grand trips for regular season SEC games)...then take NCAA basketball's approach and have the bowls work regionally.
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sidenote: The way the polls are done needs to be completely reevaluated, IMO.
i second thiscoaches poll is a joke. what coach, in the middle of getting his team ready for a game this next week, is going to take the time to sit and watch a buncha games? not one. they probably either have assistants do it or they just watch sportscenter and rank em based on scores.im probably alone in thinking that if were going to have a computer program that bases everything on record, strength of schedule, etc. we should use the computer rankings and nothing else. this would actually put Bama and Cincy in the NC game.
I mean...that's just the nature of divisions though. For example, the Twins made the MLB playoffs this year with a .534 win%. Three teams in MLB had better records than them that didn't make the playoffs. It's kind of the penalty for not finishing either 1st or 2nd in your division. Just win and there won't be a problem.As for the bowls, I think you can re-work that system a bit. If you're worried about the fans having to travel to far-flung locations (many already make grand trips for regular season SEC games)...then take NCAA basketball's approach and have the bowls work regionally.
So what bowls are available regionally to teams in the MWC, WAC, Big Ten and Big East? Your problem is still not solved. And I think it's kinda funny that when it comes to MLB we're okay with Divisions being a big decider in who plays post season, rather than the 4 best teams in each league... but when it comes to college football we demand/expect it to be done 1-8 or 1-16.
So what bowls are available regionally to teams in the MWC, WAC, Big Ten and Big East? Your problem is still not solved. And I think it's kinda funny that when it comes to MLB we're okay with Divisions being a big decider in who plays post season, rather than the 4 best teams in each league... but when it comes to college football we demand/expect it to be done 1-8 or 1-16.
The reason that I'm okay with divisions being a decider is that it still allows for teams to control their destiny...if they keep winning, they keep advancing. The reason that the CFB system sucks is that things are simply out of the hands of teams...they can keep winning, but they still get locked out.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Cam Newton has to win the Heisman.......Auburn is a damn good team
My only critique is that our defense hasn't been great until the 4th quarter or so...but yes...I'm glad that my cautious optimism is paying off to this point.

It's entirely possible that the Nov 13th game between Auburn and the Dawgs will have a SEC Championship birth on the line...... and I don't mean for Auburn. Yes, if South Carolina can lose 2 SEC games (they still have Arkansas and Florida), Georgia would control its own destiny. I can definitely see us beating Kentucky and those damn Gators, so the Tigers would be the final hurdle (albeit a huge one) for us to have an incredible comeback season.oh, and the Falcons will play for the NFC Championship this year.

• 3 weeks later...
What's going on here? Did he drop his gum or something? Or is he eating grass?
he's eating grass...from lebatard's twitter..
LeBatardShow Dan LeBatard Show Les Miles picks up grass during games and eats it to feel a part of the field. This man beat Nick Saban yesterday
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...