Sec Delivers.......

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no because he came to Miami, picked Culpepper over Brees, never made the playoffs, drafted poorly, realized he had built a shitty team, panicked, saw a life raft in Alabama and hightailed his ass out of town lying all the way leaving someone else to pick up the pieces. Please. :club:
well, Brees just coming off surgery, and the perception that Culpepper was a good QB (if I had randy moss to throw to, i coulda looked good for a year or two, too) thats a decision that looks much worse in hindsight. nobody thought Brees was going to come back the way he has, or he wouldve had many more interested teams than just the saints. and the head coach isnt the only one who makes personnel decisions, including in the draft. is Ted Ginn a bust? mostly, yeah. he's a great returner, but you dont draft a returner that high. but Dolphins fans wanted Brady Quinn....and i guess getting Ronnie Brown and channing crowder were horrible draft choices. the dolphins weren'te exactly tearing up the draft before he got there, either. Saban was definately not the problem with the dolphins.with all the bad talent, he had them at 6-10 before he left and they went 1-15 the next year. "lying all the way" what was he supposed to do? say "yeah, screw the dolphins im leaving after this year." you'd be blasting him for that.
It is effed, but there's really no perfect solution. An __ team playoff is not a perfect solution, either.
But at least it decides things on the field. Florida/Alabama/Texas want no part of TCU this year.
Anyone else hoping for 5 undefeateds to once again show how effed up the FBS system is?
the problem is somebody will be upset they're left out no matter how many teams you put in a playoff. basketball has 65 teams and theres still people who complain they didnt make it. if you go plus 1 (which i think is the best solution) youll have Texas, bama/florida, then either boise, TCU or cincy gets left out. if you go 8 team youll have a huge cluster%&$* Texas, bama, florida (b/c the loser will only have 1 loss to a top 3 team, they still have to make the playoff), TCU, cincy, boise, but then who? you got 2 spots to fill and you got a bunch of 2 loss teams. assuming Georgia Tech wins the ACC with 2 losses, Oregon wins the Pac 10 with 2 losses, Ohio State wins the big 10 with 2 losses, Houston wins C-USA with 2 losses, Central Michigan can win the MAC with 2 losses, a couple will be left out and be upset. OK, Central Mich could be a stretch to get in but they win their conference with only 2 losses like everyone else, and Houston has a win over a BCS school in OKST.BYU, Iowa, Penn St all have 2 losses. Pitt could still win the Big East with 2 losses. then do you put 1 loss Cincy in over 2 loss Pitt even tho pitt wins head to head and the conference? What if Nebraska beats Texas, does Texas still get in with only 1 loss? Nebraska has 3 do they get in? or a 3 loss Oregon State if they beat Oregon and win the Pac 10, over all the other 2 loss teams?no, plus 1 would probably be better, but any farther than that youre just asking for more trouble. the way it is now isn't perfect, but its better than most people think.

im confused. who has the heisman winner, all world best player ever in college football history QB? im a Texas fan since i was born (familys from there) but i went to Bama. really, just give Ingram the heisman right now.

Good game Florida.... hell...good season.After Bama looked so sloppy last week...I expected the Gators to win this one....but Ingram and the Tide were good tonight.Congrats to Alabama.

I am Jack's complete and total surprise. I could see FL struggling on offense. But to get their asses handed to them on D? Against Bama's intermittent attack? Stunning.Nice job, Bama. And go whoever they play in the title game.

I'm predicting Florida over Bama by at least 10.But Texas will upset them in the national championship.
No
I guess I stand corrected.
After Bama looked so sloppy last week...
a lot was made there, but short week on the road in a big rivalry game where auburn had 2 weeks off...it really shouldnt have been surprising bama struggled. im kinda shocked we played so well tonight, honestly. i think everyone thought it would atleast be close. if mcelroy plays out of his mind again in the NC game it wont matter who we play they wont stop us. dont wanna sound like im classless against florida, im just tired of hearing how Tebow and Spikes almost went to bama and then didnt, how mcelroy was our second choice, and how tebow is the second coming of jesus. i hope FLA wins their bowl game, but really i wanna see Bama vs Texas so i can trash talk my mom, who went to UT. does that sound bad?

I'm just in shock right now. I've never been more disappointed after expecting so much. What a way to end my college career.

a lot was made there, but short week on the road in a big rivalry game where auburn had 2 weeks off...it really shouldnt have been surprising bama struggled. im kinda shocked we played so well tonight, honestly. i think everyone thought it would atleast be close. if mcelroy plays out of his mind again in the NC game it wont matter who we play they wont stop us. dont wanna sound like im classless against florida, im just tired of hearing how Tebow and Spikes almost went to bama and then didnt, how mcelroy was our second choice, and how tebow is the second coming of jesus. i hope FLA wins their bowl game, but really i wanna see Bama vs Texas so i can trash talk my mom, who went to UT. does that sound bad?
Not at all. What's wrong with a little trash talk with your loved ones?As for the game, I'm not surprised we won. What surprises me is that Florida failed to rise to the occassion. For such a strong, veteran team, they looked desperate when the game was still within reach.
Not at all. What's wrong with a little trash talk with your loved ones?As for the game, I'm not surprised we won. What surprises me is that Florida failed to rise to the occassion. For such a strong, veteran team, they looked desperate when the game was still within reach.
I blame it on the playcalling. The combination of Rainey/Demps/James touched the ball a combined 4 times. Demps gained 9 yds on his 1 rush. But when our running game has been pretty strong all year barely gets the ball you know our playcalling got really desperate. Thats not to mention the face that our defense forgot we had a game but we should have put up more then 13 pts.

UGA will be playing in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. I just bought tickets for me and my daughter. If any of you are coming to LA, let me know. There's poker in Vicksburg, MS (the room where I work) and in Shreveport. I also wouldn't be opposed to a golf outing the day before the game, possibly in my hometown of Delhi, LA.

It is effed, but there's really no perfect solution. An __ team playoff is not a perfect solution, either.
Solution: "contraction"Seriously, why do all of the teams play in the same "division" if they can win out but not get a chance to play for a championship? It's stupid. There is no other sport that works like that. Everywhere else, if you win...you keep going. Shrink the current ~100 team division to 2-3 divisions of 30-50 teams...with the ability to move up or down based on performance.
UGA will be playing in the Independence Bowl in Shreveport. I just bought tickets for me and my daughter. If any of you are coming to LA, let me know. There's poker in Vicksburg, MS (the room where I work) and in Shreveport. I also wouldn't be opposed to a golf outing the day before the game, possibly in my hometown of Delhi, LA.
Enjoy !I drove passed the Independence Bowl almost every day for 2 months while I was there working..... for whatever reason...that stadium looked cold.Poker in Shreveport was pretty lame too....not sure about golf.
Solution: "contraction"Seriously, why do all of the teams play in the same "division" if they can win out but not get a chance to play for a championship? It's stupid. There is no other sport that works like that. Everywhere else, if you win...you keep going. Shrink the current ~100 team division to 2-3 divisions of 30-50 teams...with the ability to move up or down based on performance.
I don't see how that actually solves anything.Boise St has four undefeated seasons in the last six years. Would they have been moved up by now?
I don't see how that actually solves anything.Boise St has four undefeated seasons in the last six years. Would they have been moved up by now?
They would probably have a couple of division championships and then would've moved up, yeah. Think I'll make a list...DDIM, why would the top 16 leave out the 3rd-5th? (I'm not particularly familiar with FCS.)

For example, if we decided to take a sampling of FBS teams and base it on this year (arbitrarily had to go at least 8-4 and have a winning division record)...League IACCBoston CollegeClemsonGeorgia TechVirginia TechMiamiBig 12NebraskaTexasOklahoma StateTexas TechBig EastCincinnatiWest VirginiaPittsburghBig TenOhio StateIowaPenn StateNorthwesternWisconsinCUSAEast CarolinaUCFHoustonIndependentsNavyMACTempleCentral MichiganMountain WestTCUBYUUtahPAC10OregonArizonaOregon StateStanfordUSCCaliforniaSECFloridaAlabamaLSUOle MissSun BeltTroyMTSUWACBoise StateNevadaFresno StateTotal = 42 teamsYou'd probably re-align those teams into some semblance of divisions. For example, divisions of 10, 10, 11, 11...then you take the top two teams from each division and have an 8-team playoff. The winner is the League I Champion (and thus the National Champion).League IIMiddle of the pack teamsTotal = ~40 teamsLeague IIIBottom of the pack teamsTotal = ~38 teamsAt the end of the year (or maybe several years), some portion of the worst teams in each league drops to the one below and some portion of the best teams move up. Obviously, you can fiddle with the formulas and team numbers...perhaps you initially start with more teams from BCS conferences or maybe base the criteria on the past 5-10 years (I'd selfishly like to do that since Auburn wouldn't make League I otherwise).It's just silly that BSU can go perfect in a supposedly "equal" league and then get shut out of championships. Under this system, they probably would've won championships in League III or II before being bumped up to the higher tier.For the argument on Bowls...under a system like this, you'd get 7 playoff games in each League...so 21 potential "bowl" games. If you want more than that, it'd possibly get messy, but expand the playoffs to 16 teams.If you did it like this, there's no way to go undefeated and not win a championship.

They would probably have a couple of division championships and then would've moved up, yeah. Think I'll make a list...DDIM, why would the top 16 leave out the 3rd-5th? (I'm not particularly familiar with FCS.)
It doesn't leave out the 3rd through 5th spots, but often times it leaves out one or more of the top 10. There's only two teams per conference allowed plus each conference champion has an automatic birth. Often times the Gateway(Missouri Valley) has 3 teams in the Top 10, so one of those teams is left out. Same for the Colonial, I believe.On your other point: A college playoff would essentially wreck the current bowl setup(not that it's necessarily a bad thing). There's no way to believe that say, Miami fans would travel to the Emerald Bowl for their first round game, turn around a week later and go to the Cotton Bowl and then a week or two later head out to Pasadena for the Championship game. You'd have to have the playoff games hosted by the top seeds(again, not necessarily a bad thing) and use the BCS bowls for semi-finals and finals.The issue therein becomes the money and contracts involved in that. There's a ton more money to be made by EVERYONE in the current bowl system than a playoff system as the way the FCS runs in. Northern Iowa actually lost money going to the finals two years.. and they hosted a game.Sidenote: The way the polls are done needs to be completely reevaluated, IMO.