For some reason I can't use a HH converter for AP. Anyway I just got to this table so no reads. I am BPATEL59Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $72.35UTG+1: $47.35Hero: $22.65Button: $42.20SB: $67BB: $19.50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :):D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: :club::D :D ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: :D ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.5, Button folds, SB calls, 2 folds.River: :) ($5.5, 2 players)SB is all-in $65, Hero ...

Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $72.35UTG+1: $47.35Hero: $22.65Button: $42.20SB: $67BB: $19.50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :):D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: :club::D :D ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: :D ($2.5, 5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.5, Button folds, SB calls, 2 folds.River: :) ($5.5, 2 players)SB is all-in $65 HERO???I call.

which is why I still call. I was kind of thinking that 4-5 spades might show up somewhere between 25% - 40% and single pair, two pair, and air appear the rest of the time.
You're forgetting about slowplayed sets.Also factoring in that this is 4-5 like 80% of the time.This is a reverse slowplay almost every time. He shoved on a friggin deuce in a pot that is minuscule in proportion to the bet. This play is for value, because it only has to be called like 1 time out of 10 for it to be more profitable than a normal value bet.And this is not including the fact that he obviously posted here instead of the bad beat forum.
You're forgetting about slowplayed sets.Also factoring in that this is 4-5 like 80% of the time.This is a reverse slowplay almost every time. He shoved on a friggin deuce in a pot that is minuscule in proportion to the bet. This play is for value, because it only has to be called like 1 time out of 10 for it to be more profitable than a normal value bet.And this is not including the fact that he obviously posted here instead of the bad beat forum.
It's not like he's ever showing up here with K K or J J, he completed from the SB. I think this is poorly played two pair as or more often than 6 6, 3 3, 4 5.The bolded part is obviously true though.
It's not like he's ever showing up here with K K or J J, he completed from the SB. I think this is poorly played two pair as or more often than 6 6, 3 3, 4 5.The bolded part is obviously true though.
I like how we can credit people for playing 2 pair like a complete and total donk but we can't credit them for playing KK and JJ like a complete and total donk...
I like how we can credit people for playing 2 pair like a complete and total donk but we can't credit them for playing KK and JJ like a complete and total donk...
Meh, usually people are more donkish when it comes to postflop play than to preflop.

Unless the villian has been doing this often in what appears to be dead pots, I find it hard to believe you're ahead. Of course I'd still end up calling and then cursing myself for the next 15 minutes.

I really thought 45o or 45s seemed the most obvious. If you think about it though, we have him beat more often than not though.He just figured he might be able to get the whole thing from you and make it look like a really retarded bluff, and it worked because the river was a miracle. Oh well.

In your position with all those checks coming to you on the flop, I would have bet there and maybe a continuation bet on the turn depending on the action. If you get raised on the flop, it's a pretty easy lay down and you avoid this river dilemma.

In your position with all those checks coming to you on the flop, I would have bet there and maybe a continuation bet on the turn depending on the action. If you get raised on the flop, it's a pretty easy lay down and you avoid this river dilemma.
Betting 22 on this board against 4 opponents is no good IMO.
Betting 22 on this board against 4 opponents is no good IMO.
Not even a small feeler bet? The reason I'm saying to bet the flop is because everyone folded to his bet on the turn. With no raises and so many folds on the turn, I think he would've been able to steal this pot on the turn should he have bet the flop. But, then again I like to get frisky and take some chances that are under the "stupid" category.Edit: And yes, I know betting 22 on this kind of flop is just outrageous, but c'mon. We've all made a play like that and have stolen a pot. Sometimes you have to be crazy/loose to take a pot. That's the only reason I'm suggesting it. That, and the lack of action. No preflop raises and no flop bets. I've bet into boards like this and taken it down many times. But, that's only after sitting for awhile and having good table image that I rarely enter a pot with garbage hands. I would never bet into a flop like that if I just sat at a table.Edit 2: And I can just hear Norm in the background saying, "This is an ugly flop. Whoever bets first is likely to take it down." Haha.
Not even a small feeler bet? The reason I'm saying to bet the flop is because everyone folded to his bet on the turn. With no raises and so many folds on the turn, I think he would've been able to steal this pot on the turn should he have bet the flop. But, then again I like to get frisky and take some chances that are under the "stupid" category.Edit: And yes, I know betting 22 on this kind of flop is just outrageous, but c'mon. We've all made a play like that and have stolen a pot. Sometimes you have to be crazy/loose to take a pot. That's the only reason I'm suggesting it. That, and the lack of action. No preflop raises and no flop bets. I've bet into boards like this and taken it down many times. But, that's only after sitting for awhile and having good table image that I rarely enter a pot with garbage hands. I would never bet into a flop like that if I just sat at a table.Edit 2: And I can just hear Norm in the background saying, "This is an ugly flop. Whoever bets first is likely to take it down." Haha.
The flop contains two broadway cards which connects with a ton of hands. We don't take this down on the flop anywhere near enough to make it profitable to bet the 22. If you are called on the flop you are definately toast or up against QT which has like a brazillion outs against you anyway. BLuffing the turn after getting called on the flop is not great either I don't think. Too many villains get sticky with a J or K to make this profitable IMO.

I wasn't saying to do that as a standard. In this situation I think it would have been fine to take a stab. If you get called, check it on the turn. If you get raised, drop it like a hot potato. What's the sense in checking it down and hitting your set on the river against a lowball straight draw? You let the guy who stayed in with 4 5 draw to his open ended straight on the turn and make the miracle on the river. Now you're screwed regardless. With all of the checking in front of him on the flop, a small bet would've driven quite a few of the players out of the pot. Including possibly the guy with 4 5. I can't see anyone in their right mind calling any bet on that flop with 4 5.You guys are almost too cautious sounding to me. Yes, the smart play is to check it, but he ends up in this dilemma on the river and makes a post about it. JMHO.Edit: I also don't see much of a problem raising preflop with this hand in late position. That would make a continuation bet on the flop be worth while.