Tessie Is The Royal Rooters Rally Cry

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you had me at "atm"
ha, its been a blow to my sexy ego, so I unconsciously threw that in there. I'm pathetic btw.edit - sorry for killing the thread :club:
Honestly, I'm not sure if he mailed it in or just couldn't do it all himself on a terrible team. What's a downfield receiver going to do if the quarterback can't get him the ball due to constant pressure or just ineptitude? Ok, I'll give you that one. He certainly looks like a very solid player this year, but I guess that comes from being flanked by Moss and Welker.There is no 'best' of all time really...it's just too subjective. I think you can call a team "the most dominant" of all time, and I think it is reasonable to call a team "one of the best" of all time like I did in this thread. Actually, now that I think about it, I think it's almost silly that anyone would argue with that. Again, they are in the midst of one of the best 7 game stretches in NFL history...plenty of teams have been 7-0, but very very few have done it with such dominance as the Pats have this year. If I went to a movie starring a half dozen of the best actors of my generation, directed by *insert your favorite director here*, and produced by the team of James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucus...and it had amazing reviews...and 45 minutes into the film it was blowing my socks off...hell fucking yeah I would think to myself, "So far this is shaping up to be one of the greatest movies I've ever seen." Whether or not that's a fair comparison to this year's Pats, you really wouldn't let that thought cross your mind before the very end of the movie? Really? You'd wait to see if it was headed downhill before getting a little excited about what you were in the middle of enjoying? Seems like a perfectly logical but boring way to do it.
I'm sorry that you find my opinion silly, and my movie viewing habits boring sir. :)In regards to Moss, I think most people who followed his stint in Oakland closely (sadly im in that market so im stuck watching them after the 49ers), would tell you that he gave less then his 'all' last year. His comments regarding the team and his coach were pretty negative through out the year. As for everything else, to be honest I think you just might like to argue, so I'll leave it at this: you have a far higher opinion of the personel of the Patriots then I do. You have a very good qb (this generation's Montana), a talented o line, a great defense, and a great head coach, and I fully consider them to be the Super Bowl favorite....after week 7 in a 16 game season. Then again looking at it from your POV, if I was a fan of a team having as good a year as the Patriots, I'd probably be a homer too.:)On a side note (im allowed one nitpick) - most teams that start 7-0 look very dominant, and I really don't think (obv correct me if im wrong) you went back and compared the teams (avg margin of victory, strength of schedule, telling stats such as yards alllowed per rush vs yards gained per rush) to actually see that "plenty of teams have been 7-0, but very very few have done it with such dominance as the Pats have this year." I'll give you credit though - it sounds impressive. The Redskins pass d should be an adequate test for Brady & company, but I'm def not betting against them. GLGL Pats' fans - when they go 16-0, demolish the AFC playoffs, then pick up their Super Bowl trophies while kicking the shit out of whomever makes it out of the AFC jr. (NFC), feel free to bump this thread and harrass me to no end. :club:
The Redskins pass d should be an adequate test for Brady & company, but I'm def not betting against them.
I took the Skins and +17. This means the Pats are a lock to cover. book it
On a side note (im allowed one nitpick) - most teams that start 7-0 look very dominant, and I really don't think (obv correct me if im wrong) you went back and compared the teams (avg margin of victory, strength of schedule, telling stats such as yards alllowed per rush vs yards gained per rush) to actually see that "plenty of teams have been 7-0, but very very few have done it with such dominance as the Pats have this year." I'll give you credit though - it sounds impressive.
Haha, how do I think I got this 25lbs? 45 teams have begun with such a start, and the record of the Patriots opponents so far this season is a losing record, compared to the record of the Colts opponents which is a barely (bite, I dare you!) winning record. It has Certainly, yet, to be determined, but that doesn't mean we're blinded wild eyed does just because we are seeing that Randy Moss is the sexiest goddamn receiver anyone has ever laid eyes on in their lives. We understand that it's just begun, and that the challenges lay ahead, and we've gotten that exact attitude from the Patriots themselves, because they've outworked and outclassed every team every day of every season for the past 7 years with less talent than all the best teams. And now they have the talent to go with the work ethic. And it's so fucking good it's scary to the point they are actually sacrificing some of the work ethic to showboat for split seconds at a time. And on top of that Belicheck is pissed off that everyone, including all the retarded fucking fans who don't know anything, are acting like sign stealing hasn't been an integral part of the chess match that is being a professional football coach in the NFL for the past 20 years; pretty much since technology came into the everyday gameplan.That all being said, there is a reason that the bet I proposed to loogie was a trying to be fun non-monetary bet: It's because throughout all of this historic ownage, Manning has been quietly, and oddly enough, dorkily (I don't mean that as in insult at all), is staying in stride step for step. And that's pretty fucking scary to comprehend.

Speaking of ownage, great quote by Curt. Go Sox."So many people are afraid to fail, or freeze up in games like this or at times like this. But this is liberating for me, because it's a way -- regardless of what happens, April through September -- to redefine everything anybody ever thought about you. So I look at this as an opportunity, as opposed to something to fear."

I'm sorry that you find my opinion silly, and my movie viewing habits boring sir. :club:
Fair enough.
As for everything else, to be honest I think you just might like to argue, so I'll leave it at this: you have a far higher opinion of the personel of the Patriots then I do. You have a very good qb (this generation's Montana), a talented o line, a great defense, and a great head coach, and I fully consider them to be the Super Bowl favorite....after week 7 in a 16 game season. Then again looking at it from your POV, if I was a fan of a team having as good a year as the Patriots, I'd probably be a homer too.:D
Do you think I like to argue any more than you do? Ok, maybe...but in this case I think we're pretty equal, so you don't get to throw that in my face. You think you're better than me? Huh?
On a side note (im allowed one nitpick) - most teams that start 7-0 look very dominant, and I really don't think (obv correct me if im wrong) you went back and compared the teams (avg margin of victory, strength of schedule, telling stats such as yards alllowed per rush vs yards gained per rush) to actually see that "plenty of teams have been 7-0, but very very few have done it with such dominance as the Pats have this year." I'll give you credit though - it sounds impressive.
Strength of schedule is probably weaker than average...but stats such as the "telling" one you mentioned are useless in the end. All that matters is points scored and points allowed...and the Patriots are on a record pace for points scored and overall margin of victory. What else do you want?
GLGL Pats' fans - when they go 16-0, demolish the AFC playoffs, then pick up their Super Bowl trophies while kicking the shit out of whomever makes it out of the AFC jr. (NFC), feel free to bump this thread and harrass me to no end. :D
There's nothing to harrass you about. If I wasn't a Pats fan I'd probably be doing the same thing to calm down the idiots like me that are getting way ahead of themselves.
Fair enough.There's nothing to harrass you about. If I wasn't a Pats fan I'd probably be doing the same thing to calm down the idiots like me that are getting way ahead of themselves.
Cool, I didn't sleep well last night with this weighing on my mind, now we can be BFFs. :)F the colts too...when Manning/Harrison/James first became good I used to always seem to bet on them when they'd get their butts kicked on the road...so f them.
86. How I miss that year. Bill Buckner was one of the best Mets players ever... oh wait he was on the red sox...wasn't he.... :club:
Four years ago this would have made me want to strangle you.
Cool, I didn't sleep well last night with this weighing on my mind, now we can be BFFs.
Nice, I've always wanted a BFF.
Haha, how do I think I got this 25lbs? 45 teams have begun with such a start, and the record of the Patriots opponents so far this season is a losing record, compared to the record of the Colts opponents which is a barely (bite, I dare you!) winning record.
The only team the Pats have beat with a winning record is the Cowboys. The Chargers (3-3) will probably eventually have a winning record two but they have not played anything close to what they were doing last year. Indy has wins vs 3 winning teams and one over a 500 Denver team, their road to stay undefeated has been a lot harder based on competition than NE's has.
There's nothing to harrass you about. If I wasn't a Pats fan I'd probably be doing the same thing to calm down the idiots like me that are getting way ahead of themselves.
I'm an idiot like me who got way ahead of myself in July and said the Patriots would do just what they're doing now.Anyway...Good times have never been sooo good...

Patriots fans forgot to mention Vrabel as one of their weapons. :)Weeeee at having Sunday ticket now and not having to watch my horrible Niners...Next week I am going to be really happy I have it possibly. If the Raiders decide to start JaMarcus Russell, they might sell out vs the Texans...which means instead of getting to watch Colts vs Pats, Bay Area people will be stuck with the Raiders. Ugh.

If the Raiders decide to start JaMarcus Russell, they might sell out vs the Texans...which means instead of getting to watch Colts vs Pats, Bay Area people will be stuck with the Raiders. Ugh.
dude if they don't sell out we don't get to watch anything. it's either Raiders or nothing.

faggot Red Sox fan hit the bar today wearing his Lowell jersey and Red Sox hat asking everyone with Boston swag on where they were from. Of course, the Red Sox bandwagon faggots didn't say anywhere near MA. He came up to our table, asked us what the score was of the game on the huge screen right in front of him, because he had the over. Apparently, he couldnt add 24-13. I blatently ignored him because I hate all things Red Sox. Red Sox fans are the new Yankee fans. Book it.

Red Sox fans are the new Yankee fans. Book it.
Here we call them "Pink Hat Fans", and they're hated by real Sox fans more than by anyone else in the country. I miss the days of being the lovable losers. But I don't necessarily want to go back.
Here we call them "Pink Hat Fans", and they're hated by real Sox fans more than by anyone else in the country. I miss the days of being the lovable losers. But I don't necessarily want to go back.
You're from there and are a lifelong fan, you don't count. Unless you become a loud obnoxious type, which I doubt, unless you're bombed.
You're from there and are a lifelong fan, you don't count. Unless you become a loud obnoxious type, which I doubt, unless you're bombed.
I'm only the loud obnoxious type when I'm at home or in a Boston sports bar. I hate people that are like that in a public place where it would annoy everyone else.So at what point do obnoxious Yankee fans (obviously you're not included in that) use the "we have 26 championships" as a comeback when talking about which team is currently better? I feel like that this point that would almost be like Celtics fans saying that to Spurs fans.