Tessie Is The Royal Rooters Rally Cry

Tessie is the tune they always sung Tessie echoed April through October nights After serenading Stahl, Dinneen and Young Tessie is a maiden with a sparkling eye Tessie is a maiden with a love She doesn't know the meaning of her sight She's got a comment full of love And sometimes when the game is on the line Tessie always carried them away Up the road from "Third Base" to Huntington The boys will always sing and sway Two! Three! Four! Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted We're not here to mess around Boston, you know we love you madly Hear the crowd roar to your sound Don't blame us if we ever doubt you You know we couldn't live without you Tessie, you are the only only only The Rooters showed up at the grounds one day They found their seats had all been sold McGreevey led the charge into the park Stormed the gates and put the game on hold The Rooters gave the other team a dreadful fright Boston's tenth man could not be wrong Up from "Third Base" to Huntington They'd sing another victory song Two! Three! Four! Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted We're not here to mess around Boston, you know we love you madly Hear the crowd roar to your sound Don't blame us if we ever doubt you You know we couldn't live without you Tessie, you are the only only only The Rooters gave the other team a dreadful fright Boston's tenth man could not be wrong Up from "Third Base" to Huntington They'd sing another victory song Two! Three! Four! Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted We're not here to mess around Boston, you know we love you madly Hear the crowd roar to your sound Don't blame us if we ever doubt you You know we couldn't live without you Tessie, you are the only only only Don't blame us if we ever doubt you You know we couldn't live without you Boston, you are the only only only Don't blame us if we ever doubt you You know we couldn't live without you Red Sox, you are the only only onlyLETS DO IT AGAIN!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm spreading the love for all of you guys. The Red Sox are the greatest team in the history of sports and everybody in the world should love them!!!
It's hard to understand why average sports fans hate sox fans these days. But yeah, it's unbelievable being a Boston sports fan these days. World Series coming up, one of the best football teams in history, the most exciting upcoming NBA season we've had for over a decade...and apparently we have a hockey team.

Read this blog I wrote on April 30th. Every word of it has come true.It's Never Been Better Than This...4/30/2007Here's an excerpt...It has never been any better than this for any sports fan in history, if you're lucky enough to feel the same way that I feel about these teams then congratulations, we have some fun ahead of us. The remaining 8 months of this year are going to be truly great, and so should the next few years.

I'm spreading the love for all of you guys. The Red Sox are the greatest team in the history of sports and everybody in the world should love them!!!
Rank Team 2007 Payroll 1 Yankees $195,229,045 2 Red Sox $143,526,214 3 Mets $117,915,819 4 White Sox $109,680,167 5 Angels $109,251,333 6 Dodgers $108,704,524 7 Mariners $106,516,833 8 Cubs $99,937,000 9 Tigers $95,180,369 10 Orioles $95,107,807 11 Giants $90,469,056 12 Cardinals $90,286,823 13 Braves $89,492,685 14 Phillies $89,368,214 15 Astros $87,759,500 16 A's $79,938,369 17 Blue Jays $79,925,600 18 Brewers $71,986,500 19 Twins $71,439,500 20 Reds $69,154,980 21 Rangers $68,818,675 22 Royals $67,366,500 23 Indians $61,673,267 24 Padres $58,235,567 25 Rockies $54,424,000 26 D'backs $52,067,546 27 Pirates $38,604,500 28 Nationals $37,347,500 29 Marlins $30,507,000 30 Devil Rays $24,124,200
And the Drop Kick Murphys even interupted their fall schedule to play a pregame show at Fenway tonightIt is a fine time to be a sports fan in New England !
I'm going to be seeing the Murphys in LA on Nov 2nd...right after the Red Sox win the World Series!
It's hard to understand why average sports fans hate sox fans these days. But yeah, it's unbelievable being a Boston sports fan these days. World Series coming up, one of the best football teams in history, the most exciting upcoming NBA season we've had for over a decade...and apparently we have a hockey team.
Whooooooooaaaaaaaaa there....Granted the Patriots look _very_ good so far this year, and I would have no problem putting a substantial amount of money on them winning another Super Bowl, but don't you think it is just a tad bit early to drop that moniker on them? I mean, shouldn't we wait until past the half way point in the regular season? Maybe wait until they beat the defending champs (who are also undefeated, and have beat them 3 straight times...)? Or better yet, wait until the end of the year? Regardless how good they are now, they are just another team if they don't win the Super Bowl. Also, it's hard to rank any salary cap era team with teams like the Niners of the late 80s/early 90s etc. If Joe Montana got hurt, they had another future hall of famer backing him up. If Tom Brady gets hurt, do you know who your back up is? I do, and he wasn't even a starter at USC...and your 3rd string was a back up at Michigan. Teams are not nearly as deep as they used to be, and that goes a long way in defining just how good you are. As they are now, if Tom Brady was out for the year due to injury, would the Patriots still be considered a favorite in the AFC?But yeah, all sports fans are obv jealous of you guys. :club: Goooo Sox, because the Rockies winning the World Series embarasses me as a Dodgers fan.
Whooooooooaaaaaaaaa there....Granted the Patriots look _very_ good so far this year, and I would have no problem putting a substantial amount of money on them winning another Super Bowl, but don't you think it is just a tad bit early to drop that moniker on them? I mean, shouldn't we wait until past the half way point in the regular season? Maybe wait until they beat the defending champs (who are also undefeated, and have beat them 3 straight times...)? Or better yet, wait until the end of the year? Regardless how good they are now, they are just another team if they don't win the Super Bowl. Also, it's hard to rank any salary cap era team with teams like the Niners of the late 80s/early 90s etc. If Joe Montana got hurt, they had another future hall of famer backing him up. If Tom Brady gets hurt, do you know who your back up is? I do, and he wasn't even a starter at USC...and your 3rd string was a back up at Michigan. Teams are not nearly as deep as they used to be, and that goes a long way in defining just how good you are. As they are now, if Tom Brady was out for the year due to injury, would the Patriots still be considered a favorite in the AFC?But yeah, all sports fans are obv jealous of you guys. :club: Goooo Sox, because the Rockies winning the World Series embarasses me as a Dodgers fan.
I get your point, but remember Brady almost transferred from Michigan because he wasn't a starter himself for two years....and as far as Cassel goes, he was backing up Matt Leinart at USC, the nations best college football team at the time. That's not your typical backup.And The Colts barely beat a Pats team last year that had high school receivers, Dillon on his last legs, Maroney already injured, and a decimated defense as usual.They wouldn't necessarily be a favorite anymore without Brady, but they'd be fine.In other news, you see all the emails about Drew in Simmons' latest article? Pretty funny.
I get your point, but remember Brady almost transferred from Michigan because he wasn't a starter himself for two years....and as far as Cassel goes, he was backing up Matt Leinart at USC, the nations best college football team at the time. That's not your typical backup. And The Colts barely beat a Pats team last year that had high school receivers, Dillon on his last legs, Maroney already injured, and a decimated defense as usual. They wouldn't necessarily be a favorite anymore without Brady, but they'd be fine.In other news, did you see all the emails about Drew in Simmons' latest article? Pretty funny.
I know that both guys went to elite Div I schools, so obviously they have some talent...But if I were a Patriots fan, I would be worried about having to go with a QB that hasn't been a starting QB since HS. I know they spout off about 'preparing for each game like they will be the starter', but that's impossible with limited reps with the first team offense etc.Like I said though, I'd gladly put money on the Pats to win it all this year, and will probably end up betting on them in most of their remaining games (not that I would bet for them to lose any individual game, but there is the spread to consider). There was a point in the 49ers dynasty where they covered the spread regardless what it was pretty much every week; the Pats seem to have that sort of aura about them. NE -16.5 was easy money this weekend... Heh no I didn't see the Simmons stuff, but anything that makes fun of Nancy Drew is A+ by me...I was pissed he hit that grand slam the other day, not because I was rooting against the Sox, but because I just can't stand the guy. I didn't follow his 1st year in Boston _extremely_ close, but from what I can pick up, people pretty much hated him?
I know they spout off about 'preparing for each game like they will be the starter', but that's impossible with limited reps with the first team offense etc.
Good point. The defense isn't so good that he would just have to not lose ball games, he'd have to make plays, and either he could or couldn't, no matter how much time the line gave him.Can't obviously compare it to who the Niners had, but that was also pre cap era, which is a big part of what makes the Pats run so special, because it is the cap era.Anyway, yeah, please don't get hurt Tom.
Heh no I didn't see the Simmons stuff, but anything that makes fun of Nancy Drew is A+ by me...I was pissed he hit that grand slam the other day, not because I was rooting against the Sox, but because I just can't stand the guy. I didn't follow his 1st year in Boston _extremely_ close, but from what I can pick up, people pretty much hated him?
Yeah, it was getting toward hatred. I think the sentiment was our beloved Trot could've done the same for a ton less while allowing Jacoby to get some time in like Dustin did last year at second.http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlbSome good ones in there.My favorite: "John from Boston: That was the most expensive Grand Slam of all time."
Yeah, it was getting toward hatred. I think the sentiment was our beloved Trot could've done the same for a ton less while allowing Jacoby to get some time in like Dustin did last year at second.http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=mlbSome good ones in there.My favorite: "John from Boston: That was the most expensive Grand Slam of all time."
LOOOOL. Those were pretty funny...obv Nancy made a solid impression in year #1 of his contract.
Whooooooooaaaaaaaaa there....Granted the Patriots look _very_ good so far this year, and I would have no problem putting a substantial amount of money on them winning another Super Bowl, but don't you think it is just a tad bit early to drop that moniker on them? I mean, shouldn't we wait until past the half way point in the regular season? Maybe wait until they beat the defending champs (who are also undefeated, and have beat them 3 straight times...)? Or better yet, wait until the end of the year? Regardless how good they are now, they are just another team if they don't win the Super Bowl.
Of course these are good points, but it's far enough into the season to at least start the conversation. When a team is 7-0, has won their games by an average of 21 points, and is scoring at a record pace with an above average defense, not to mention the fact that they're a few years off a 3 super bowl in 4 year stretch...I think we can talk about it. Obviously we don't know what will happen for the rest of the season, but sports are pretty boring if you have to wait until the end to look back instead of making predictions and arguing about how things will play out.For me, it's just that I watch them play every week and can't imagine how anyone could possibly beat them. From any era. But I'm a homer...and I'm looking forward to the Colts game(s) coming up.
Also, it's hard to rank any salary cap era team with teams like the Niners of the late 80s/early 90s etc. If Joe Montana got hurt, they had another future hall of famer backing him up. If Tom Brady gets hurt, do you know who your back up is? I do, and he wasn't even a starter at USC...and your 3rd string was a back up at Michigan. Teams are not nearly as deep as they used to be, and that goes a long way in defining just how good you are. As they are now, if Tom Brady was out for the year due to injury, would the Patriots still be considered a favorite in the AFC?
So true. A few years ago the Patriot's franchise quarterback went down and some guy who only started one year in college had to fill in. I forget what happened, but I feel like it went pretty well.I kid, you're right of course, but I don't think backups should be part of the "best team ever" argument unless during the year in question one of the starters did actually go down. For argument's sake, if Brady stays healthy and the Pats go 19-0, I don't think you can argue that their overall greatness goes down because "what if Brady had gone down?"