*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

Great series, I'm glad the game was able to open up (because it favored the Hawks.) It's really amazing how it's a different guy stepping up for the Hawks almost every game. I honestly couldn't pick a playoff MVP so far. Half way there! Keep it up kids!

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

Got to go to the game last night. Was one of, if not the best, playoff games I have ever seen.This team has what it takes.

Got to go to the game last night. Was one of, if not the best, playoff games I have ever seen.This team has what it takes.
I only got to see the last 10 minutes, but it may have been the most exciting 10 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. I turned on versus just before the canucks made it 5-4.I liked the way seabrook broke up the 2 on 1 with a few minutes left, made it look easy. pretty much killed whatever tiny chance the nucks had to get back in the game. love that guy.
If you watched the hawks game tonight, you heard it SEVEN times!!!!!!!Sick.
Sure you weren't watching an EPL/Champions league game with Chelsea? ;)j/k ... not sure where the ref would even come from for hockey.
I only got to see the last 10 minutes, but it may have been the most exciting 10 minutes of hockey I've ever seen. I turned on versus just before the canucks made it 5-4.I liked the way seabrook broke up the 2 on 1 with a few minutes left, made it look easy. pretty much killed whatever tiny chance the nucks had to get back in the game. love that guy.
The first 10 minutes of the game was outstanding too.Seabrook played a monster game. He and Keith are a great combo. I get nervous with Walker and Hjarlmarsson on the ice.Detroit is gonna be a battle royale.
Great series, I'm glad the game was able to open up (because it favored the Hawks.) It's really amazing how it's a different guy stepping up for the Hawks almost every game. I honestly couldn't pick a playoff MVP so far. Half way there! Keep it up kids!
The refs.
The refs called as fair and unbaised a game as they could.
Good call WCC! I mean it would be so 3rd grade to take a series as dynamic as this one and decide that the refs were the basis for one team winning and the other losing. I've seen it happen, sort of, before, but this surely isn't one of those times. Silly canuck!
Good call WCC! I mean it would be so 3rd grade to take a series as dynamic as this one and decide that the refs were the basis for one team winning and the other losing. I've seen it happen, sort of, before, but this surely isn't one of those times. Silly canuck!
Settle down.
Maybe Willie Mitchell for providing Kane and the rest some good bulletin material.
I dont know about the bulletin board stuff, but he sure provided them a big goal by missing on that puck coming around the boards. Anyway, I like to believe the pros dont need that kind of stuff to get up for a game 6 in the playoffs. That said, GO HAWKS! I got a bet on them to win the Cup (still lots to go) and I just enjoy watching them play so much.
I dont know about the bulletin board stuff, but he sure provided them a big goal by missing on that puck coming around the boards. Anyway, I like to believe the pros dont need that kind of stuff to get up for a game 6 in the playoffs. That said, GO HAWKS! I got a bet on them to win the Cup (still lots to go) and I just enjoy watching them play so much.
I think it was after game 1 or 2, Mitchell called out Kane saying he was "lucky" when he scores and that he wasn't a 5 on 5 player. It's true that people in Chicago have questioned Kane's 5 on 5 play, but I think it gave the team some extra incentive in the series, and I think it woke Kane up a little bit.

Nice, no 9:00 start times, and no long road trips! It's on like Donkey Kong! There is no team I'd rather beat than the Dead Wings. Even if the Hawks lose, everything from here on out is icing on the cake. They look to be about a year ahead of schedule.

Nice, no 9:00 start times, and no long road trips! It's on like Donkey Kong! There is no team I'd rather beat than the Dead Wings. Even if the Hawks lose, everything from here on out is icing on the cake. They look to be about a year ahead of schedule.
Prepare to be PWNED! :DI'm pumped about this series. I actually have no hate for the Hawks so if they manage the upset, I'll be happy for them. I HATE the Ducks, and would have been ill if they won. I like the Hawks, they are a great young team with a bright future. Prob not quite ready this year, but you never know! I'm excited!
Good luck.
Having been to MANY a Blackhawk game in my life, I just imagine that this series is going to look like you (as Detroit) bending the Biatch over the table (as Chicago). . . . .just without the clothes or the benefit of KY or a Kiss. I love the Hawks, and they are an up and coming team, but. . . . . man. . . I think they get spanked here, and fairly badly.
Having been to MANY a Blackhawk game in my life, I just imagine that this series is going to look like you (as Detroit) bending the Biatch over the table (as Chicago). . . . .just without the clothes or the benefit of KY or a Kiss. I love the Hawks, and they are an up and coming team, but. . . . . man. . . I think they get spanked here, and fairly badly.
Many people said the same thing about the Canucks and Lou, and Calgary and Kipper. I like the Hawks chances. They're a much better team than they were in the regular season, and they keep getting better. Mr. Osgood, prepared to get Buffed.
Many people said the same thing about the Canucks and Lou, and Calgary and Kipper. I like the Hawks chances. They're a much better team than they were in the regular season, and they keep getting better. Mr. Osgood, prepared to get Buffed.
I need to look this all up but if memory serves me right, Khabby does not have a good record against us in the playoffs. Times change obviously and I don't rely much on past stats but sometimes it can be a factor. Turco is a good example.Either way, this is the matchup I wanted simply because this used to be a great rivalry back in the day and this is going to fire it back up.
I need to look this all up but if memory serves me right, Khabby does not have a good record against us in the playoffs. Times change obviously and I don't rely much on past stats but sometimes it can be a factor. Turco is a good example.Either way, this is the matchup I wanted simply because this used to be a great rivalry back in the day and this is going to fire it back up.
Look at Habby's record against Vancouver before the series. He had not beaten them in years. Two years ago, Chicago won the season series against Detroit, this year Detroit won.
When has Khabby ever played Detroit in the playoffs? When he was with Phoenix?I'm not being a dick, I just can't remember when they ever would have met up in the postseason, certainly not when he was with Tampa and this is Chicago's first trip back during his tenure there. If it was with Phoenix, well...times change and Chicago isn't the Desert Dogs.*Edit* Ok, Phoenix got bounced from the 97-98 playoffs by Detroit, they took them to 6 games. I don't think we can say Khabibulin hasn't done well against Detroit in the postseason based on that.
When has Khabby ever played Detroit in the playoffs? When he was with Phoenix?I'm not being a dick, I just can't remember when they ever would have met up in the postseason, certainly not when he was with Tampa and this is Chicago's first trip back during his tenure there. If it was with Phoenix, well...times change and Chicago isn't the Desert Dogs.
As I stated in my post, doesn't really matter since the past is the past. I do remember lighting him up when he was with the Yotes though. But I could be wrong. Just something that popped in my head. If you want me to really get down to brass tax though, I will put it like this.Chicago has a great squad. No question about it. Fast, skilled, and young. But I don't think they are "mature" enough to play the Wings of all teams for the chance to play for the cup. I think experience and "maturity" can possibly come into play. We also just squeaked out a win against a goalie who had a .943 S% and Khabibulin comes in with a a sub .900 and statistically the worst numbers of all playoff goalies that played this year. He jas the ability to stand on his head but he clearly will have to step it up in this series for Chicago to win it. I don't think I am too crazy for saying that.I don't like the word mature in my post but I can't think of what else to use at this time so I put it in quotes so pretend I am doing air quotes.This post was not posted with any sense of anger or ill will either since I have recently been labeled an angry troll when I post. I am very excited about this series and hope to have a lot of fun with you guys in the 4 months between game 1 and 7.

OMG that looked scary seeing Havlat lay on the ice the way he was as people were laying and stepping on him. I don't agree with an "interference" call on Kronwall there. There were no arms up for a call. A guy who gets injured all the time automatically calls for a game misconduct when he goes down again?

I thought Kronwall clearly left his skates to jump up and into Havlat, so I think he deserved to go off, but maybe not for the call that was made. Of course, Ovechkin gets away with that type of hit all the time, so who knows?Either way, I'm glad to see Havlat didn't get further injured by the scrum on top of him.

I thought Kronwall clearly left his skates to jump up and into Havlat, so I think he deserved to go off, but maybe not for the call that was made. Of course, Ovechkin gets away with that type of hit all the time, so who knows?Either way, I'm glad to see Havlat didn't get further injured by the scrum on top of him.
The last replay in slowmo shows he did not leave his feet. I figured that is what he did since he leaves his feet all the time but that time he kept them grounded. That call is simply a matter of a guy laying half dead on the ice. It's a wash as I see it, uneventful 5 min powerplay so life goes on.