Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

This really really bums me out. Yeah, I know he was 87, but man! Empire Strikes Back!I bet Lucas says he did most of the direction within 6 months.
I bet Lucas releases Irvin Kershner action figures.
He's quite dead. And don't call me Shirley.
Doctor: I'm sorry to tell you there's a problem with your respiratory system.LN: My respiratory system!! What is it?Doctor: It's a series of organs in your chest that is used for breathing. But that's not important right now.
Doctor: I'm sorry to tell you there's a problem with your respiratory system.LN: My respiratory system!! What is it?Doctor: It's a series of organs in your chest that is used for breathing. But that's not important right now.

Samuel T. Cohen, inventor of the Neutron Bomb, recently passed.It was a brilliant invention, since it allowed the nuclear weapons concept to have tactical utility without ending all of humanity. Neutron Bombs are good because they clear out the monkeys without damaging their stuff, so we can move in after the 'Walking Ghost Phase' has ended and take it all without having to rebuild much outside the alpha blast zone.

Samuel T. Cohen, inventor of the Neutron Bomb, recently passed.It was a brilliant invention, since it allowed the nuclear weapons concept to have tactical utility without ending all of humanity. Neutron Bombs are good because they clear out the monkeys without damaging their stuff, so we can move in after the 'Walking Ghost Phase' has ended and take it all without having to rebuild much outside the alpha blast zone.
Zombies tho
Joe Jackson. He played 10 full seasons, and finished his (shortened) career with a .356 batting average. That's third all-time. He was a lot better than Pete Rose.
But what he was banned for was a lot worse. ( although I understand his guilt is in dispute ).
But what he was banned for was a lot worse. ( although I understand his guilt is in dispute ).
He went 12 for 32 (.375), made no errors, and hit the only home run hit by either team during the Series. His 12 hits were also the most by anybody on either team. His 5 runs scored and 6 rbi were each the most of any White Sock. Regarding errors, his team made an embarrassing 12 in the 8 games, although the Reds made an even-more-embarrassing 13, and they weren't even trying to lose. He of course made none. He was certainly guilty of accepting money, but it's hard to argue that he didn't play his best.http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1919_WS.shtml
He went 12 for 32 (.375), made no errors, and hit the only home run hit by either team during the Series. His 12 hits were also the most by anybody on either team. His 5 runs scored and 6 rbi were the most of any White Sock. Regarding errors, his team made an embarrassing 12 in the 8 games, although the Reds made an even-more-embarrassing 13, and they weren't even trying to lose. He of course made none. He was certainly guilty of accepting money, but it's hard to argue that he didn't play his best.http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1919_WS.shtml
So he betrayed both the team and the people who payed him off.He should be banned from the gangster HOF too.

I'm just saying that, based on their respective greatnesses as players, Shoeless Joe deserves the Hall a lot more than Pete Rose does, and I don't think it's fair to say that his crime-against-baseball was objectively "much worse" than Rose's.

Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of 2004 vice presidential candidate and former North Carolina senator John Edwards, died Tuesday after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was 61 RIP

Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of 2004 vice presidential candidate and former North Carolina senator John Edwards, died Tuesday after a lengthy battle with cancer. She was 61 RIP
She sure went through hell at the end. Pretty sad really