Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

Jose "Lima Time" Lima died to today of an apparent heart attack. This guy was a character.espn article
37 years old dead of a heart attack. All of these guys must have been on 'roids. This happens way too often with athletes. The guys who were on the juice must be terrified of what time bombs might be ticking away inside them.
All of these guys must have been on 'roids. This happens way too often with athletes.
Does it? I mean, I know it happens a lot with former pro wrestlers that were doing all kinds of crazy juicing, but I feel like there aren't all that many premature deaths in more mainstream athletes that could be linked to PED use. I might be wrong though.
Does it? I mean, I know it happens a lot with former pro wrestlers that were doing all kinds of crazy juicing, but I feel like there aren't all that many premature deaths in more mainstream athletes that could be linked to PED use. I might be wrong though.
I think we will see alot more premature deaths in the next 10-20 years. Average lifespan is about 80 nowadays but I think alot of the more heavy users will be droppin in there 50's from organ failure and cancer. PED's have been around for along time but I think they have been more widely used only in the last 20 years as the compensation for elite athletes has skyrocketet and people have been more willing to take them to get a big contract.
Simon Monjack, husband of Brittany Murphy found dead.http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/23/brittany-mur...ack-found-dead/
The "remarkable" "similarities" in that article are great:Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. - So they were both found by someone who lived in the house? What a coincidence. Except that somebody was inevitably going to find the bodies, and it would most likely be the person who spent the most time in the house, i.e. Sharon Murphy.Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. - So they were found in adjoining rooms in the same house. Not even the same room. They both lived in the house, so it's hardly a coincidence that he would be found there, and people spend most of their time in the bedroom as opposed to other rooms (i.e. sleeping) so it's the most likely room he would be found in.Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. - Hmm, so CPR was administered to both the dying/dead people? How unusual. That doesn't seem like normal protocol at all.And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... 5 months apart. - This part is more suspicious and the only worthwhile 'similarity' between the two.
I think we will see alot more premature deaths in the next 10-20 years. Average lifespan is about 80 nowadays but I think alot of the more heavy users will be droppin in there 50's from organ failure and cancer. PED's have been around for along time but I think they have been more widely used only in the last 20 years as the compensation for elite athletes has skyrocketet and people have been more willing to take them to get a big contract.
Well, fine, but that's a wild guess based on nothing. And don't forget that, while the average lifespan may be around 80 (really?), a lot of people in their 50's, 60's, and 70's do still die on a regular basis, so we can't start pointing at PEDs until it's a significantly high percentage of athletes dying young (not including football players dying of concussion-related stuff) of stuff that's abnormal for the age bracket.
Well, fine, but that's a wild guess based on nothing. And don't forget that, while the average lifespan may be around 80 (really?), a lot of people in their 50's, 60's, and 70's do still die on a regular basis, so we can't start pointing at PEDs until it's a significantly high percentage of athletes dying young (not including football players dying of concussion-related stuff) of stuff that's abnormal for the age bracket.
I remeber seeing a story years ago about a olympic weight lifting team from East Germany that dominated an olympics in the 70's. The whole team was dead in 20 years. Extreme case I know.
I think in 10-20 years HGH will be legal and encouraged.
I think things like over use of Amphetamines and ephedrine during that time frame could have also factored in, not just Steroids or HGH.
_pfvEQLrAkIqR5wfRxIf.jpg
This is terribly sad. I worked with Paul's brother for 3 years, I should probably give him a call.
This is terribly sad. I worked with Paul's brother for 3 years, I should probably give him a call.
I feel like you need to be closer to him than "learning about his brother's death on an internet forum" close to be making condolences phone calls.But maybe that's just me. If someone close to me dies, I don't want to have to take a bunch of calls from everyone I've ever known.
I feel like you need to be closer to him than "learning about his brother's death on an internet forum" close to be making condolences phone calls.But maybe that's just me. If someone close to me dies, I don't want to have to take a bunch of calls from everyone I've ever known.
We're facebook friends, so it's not terribly weird. But I hear ya.
But maybe that's just me. If someone close to me dies, I don't want to have to take a bunch of calls from everyone I've ever known.
Yeah, I'm in the process of handling the death of someone close as we speak, and the people who are cut out of the phone tree are cut out because no one gives a shit about them and I don't want to talk to them. If I weren't such a cold, shallow person and were actually broken up about it, I'd have that stressing me out too, so if I were to receive calls of condolence from people I was ignoring (or worse, the ones too boring to remember to intentionally ignore), I would be pissed. If there were some level of fame involved that I suspected someone were interested in reaching out and just sort of touching a bit, I would probably accuse them of it when they called, just to humiliate them, whether it were a probability or not.
Yeah, I'm in the process of handling the death of someone close as we speak, and the people who are cut out of the phone tree are cut out because no one gives a shit about them and I don't want to talk to them. If I weren't such a cold, shallow person and were actually broken up about it, I'd have that stressing me out too, so if I were to receive calls of condolence from people I was ignoring (or worse, the ones too boring to remember to intentionally ignore), I would be pissed. If there were some level of fame involved that I suspected someone were interested in reaching out and just sort of touching a bit, I would probably accuse them of it when they called, just to humiliate them, whether it were a probability or not.
What's your phone number?

Gary Coleman, who was the child star of TV show "Diff'rent Strokes," has died at age 42, a publicist says.

Gary Coleman, who was the child star of TV show "Diff'rent Strokes," has died at age 42, a publicist says.
Whachu talkin' bout Gatortom?saw he was in icu/coma last nightsad

I have a Gary Coleman story. He used to live in my neighborhood. One night I went to Kinko's pretty late to make some copies. Gary Coleman was there, working on something. He was copying stuff, cutting things; looked like he was working on some kind of project. Customer walks up to him, obviously not recognizing him, and asks something like "Excuse me, how much is it to make a fax?" as if he worked there. The entire place busted out laughing.

The entire place busted out laughing.
I wonder what it's like to have everyone watching what you're doing wherever you go, no matter how mundane it is.