Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

From the Station to Station Wiki..

According to biographer David Buckley, the Los Angeles-based David Bowie, fuelled by an "astronomic" cocaine habit and subsisting on a diet of peppers and milk, spent much of 1975–76 "in a state of psychic terror".[1] Stories—mostly from one interview, pieces of which found their way into Playboy and Rolling Stone—circulated of the singer living in a house full of ancient-Egyptian artefacts, burning black candles, seeing bodies fall past his window, having his semen stolen by witches, receiving secret messages from The Rolling Stones, and living in morbid fear of fellow Aleister Crowley aficionado Jimmy Page.[2] Bowie would later say of L.A., "The ****ing place should be wiped off the face of the earth"

RIP, sweet winner

• Like 3

For a long time i viewed him as a disgrace to the Husker uniform.NU didn't need him to win the NC, but TO was under so much pressure to win an NC, that he sold his soul, and tainted that chip and stained what could have been a pristine legacy and i had to cede the obnoxious moral high ground of winning the right way to Penn State fans.

Since then, I have realized that winning the right way is for suckers, and I'd rather just win. In retrospect, I wish TO would have sold his soul sooner.

LP was a legit monster, though, on and off the field.

• Like 1

Rule of threes. Bowie, Lawrence Phillips and now Severus snape.

Suicides don't count in the rule of 3's.

Suicides don't count in the rule of 3's.

Ok, does Celine Dion's husband, pimp, creeper on a young girl make the cut?

Dead from cancer today.

nah, i relocated here at the start of the millennium.

was it batshit crazy from a small enclosure? i used to go see a huge frickin grizzly at a small zoo in kansas and it was so nuts if it had opposable thumbs it would've drawn pictures with it's own feces while whistling show tunes. always felt sorry for that damn pitiful creature.

• Like 1

I was too young to really remember all that. It was a Kodiak, and they had this like, mini roman Colosseum enclosure in the round, that you could walk around and look at him. And of course in the summer time he was absolutely miserable, because he's supposed to live in Alaska. Almost every time I saw him, he'd be sleeping in the shade.

But one time, I remember, Ben ( I think that was his name) was actually active, and I was standing right above him when he roared. It was incredible.

In retrospect though, He probably was crazy and miserable as you say. I don't really like watching big mammals in small enclosure in general, but one's who are WAY out of their normal climate, its particularly sad

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...