Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

I think that was Samuel L Jackson, Suited.

who is positing with spadey's account? i demand you reveal yourself, impostor.

Will Smith, star of The Pelican Brief. A movie famous for the phrase, "let off some steam, Cohegan, now give the people the air".

• Like 1

If you're rich and/or entertaining enough miracles are possible. Look how Crosby got bumped up on the transplant list.

There is such a thing as secret Jewish health care, available only to a select few...

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dick Van Patton, 86 years old

Worst death in a long time for me:

James Horner.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in love with that girl in high school.

There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him and trusted him. Later on he had an idea to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Greene, and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost or a statue of him in that town!

Worst death in a long time for me:

James Horner.

Pay attention Scram. Geez!

I'm going to keep being nice to you no matter what, Scram. You can't escape my love.

Warning: I'm about to pay Scram one of the highest compliments possible.

When I saw that Scram and I both loved James Horner and were independently deeply saddened by his loss, I was glad to have a connecting point with him, since he's my white whale. (In more ways than one, amirate, Scram!)

I knew that by pointing it out I would be inflicting attention on myself, and I knew it would sting. (Just like my horrible cartoon-induced death a few years ago) However I figured it would be worth the temporary pain.

I look at Scram a little bit like a drugged up, super racist Norm MacDonald. He's super witty and someone that you want to hear talk, even if it's negative crap directed at your face.

Also, someday, we might be treated to another cartoon, which is always the best possible outcome.

So I'll keep the setups coming.

• Like 1