• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh, this one's a huge bummer.

Just found out that Eddie Shaughnessy died a couple months ago, the old drummer for Carson. Guy was fooking epic. Loved him. RIP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Huh. I've read about 4 books of his. He wrote a lot about my old home town, West Palm Beach....and Detroit

I read a bunch too. Before Vonnegut, I would just read random pulp and detective novels and shit (in like 9th grade), and he was an early favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy Morrison, aged 44.

My favorite fighter ever, yet given what his life had become in recent years, I'm sure death comes as welcome relief.

Boxed as a kid, talked a bit about it here:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=146856

He was right around the peak of his game at that time and was my favorite fighter.

This one made me legitimately sad.

• 4 weeks later...

RIP Tom Clancy.

I will assume that he wrote about some top secret military shit as a device in his latest book and was whacked by the CIA.

RIP Tom Clancy.

I will assume that he wrote about some top secret military shit as a device in his latest book and was whacked by the CIA.

James Pethokoukis ‏@JimPethokoukis 2h

Sorry to hear about Tom Clancy. The only way he should have gone out is via a polonium-tipped dart fired from a KGB agent's umbrella

• 4 weeks later...

Lou Reed, Velvet Underground Leader and Rock Pioneer, Dead at 71

New York legend, who helped shape nearly fifty years of rock music, underwent a liver transplant in May

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lou-reed-velvet-underground-leader-and-rock-pioneer-dead-at-71-20131027#ixzz2iwabmsko

• 1 month later...