Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

Rodney King
Wow. That's really awful. I watched the whole season of Celebrity Rehab that he was on, and he was a wonderful guy. Terrible news. I hope it wasn't drug/alcohol related.
Wow. That's really awful. I watched the whole season of Celebrity Rehab that he was on, and he was a wonderful guy. Terrible news. I hope it wasn't drug/alcohol related.
Looks like he was stoned/drunk and drowned in his own pool.
  • 2 weeks later...

the chick that directed Sleepless in Seattle, Nora Ephron.

I don't really mourn the loss of someone who kicks off well into their 80's, but he was just so iconic of a better time. Having him around, it always seemed like there was a line to that, however thin.When I was young, I used to live in an area that was very heavy with retirees.As a kid, I'd go fishing on a particular pier and there would always be a ton of World War II vets, enjoying their golden years with a fishing rod. Always made it a point to pry as many WWII stories as I could from them. As the years went on, I got older and didn't fish as much as I used to but from time to time I'd still wander out on that pier and from time to time, there'd be a World War II vet out ther etoo. It wasn't like it had been. They were getting uncommon. Now, they're pretty rare, all deep into their 80's. I go out on that pier and I don't see any of them, anymore. In another 10 years, they'll be impossibly rare. 10 years after that, they'll basically all be gone, save for the tiny handful of freak hold-outs make it well into their 100's. What's always bothered kinda me was the character and caliber of those guys struck me as being just so much higher than the ****wads who came after them. It's really no shock that whey they ascended to their role of 'running the show' in the 50's and 60's, we were setting the world on its ear, incredibly prosperous, sending dudes flying into space to go play golf on the moon. I guess we still have Ron Howard, but given his genetic proximity to Clint Howard...clint-howard-sm.jpgI'll never be entirely comfortable with him wandering around in the gene pool.RIP Andy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NBC News@NBCNewsArmstrong family statement "Next time you walk outside on clear night & see moon smiling down at you, think of Neil & give him a wink."

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...