Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

Well done, you're the last person in the entire world to tell that joke.
It must be terrible going through life as you.
And there folks.....is #3.
The Rule of Three thing has become incredibly annoying, in that it almost never holds up, but on the few (statistically normal) times it does, people start yelling about it all over again. Blarg.
It must be terrible going through life as you.
I get the feeling that she loves it.

The Rule of Three is just awful, I'm embarrassed for people who actually think it has some truth to it, like people who think their horoscope is probably onto something. I'm not accusing anybody here of believing that it's a real phenomenon, but if you do in fact think that, please speak up and give some evidence or explanation. First of all, "celebrity" is relative. Second of all, "they come in threes" is absurdly vague as far as a time limit. Third of all, it's painfully obvious that people will try to fill in the missing piece(s) after one or two major celebrities die within a few days, weeks, or perhaps even months of each other.Fourth of all, come on. Seriously?? Come on.

The Rule of Three is just awful, I'm embarrassed for people who actually think it has some truth to it, like people who think their horoscope is probably onto something. I'm not accusing anybody here of believing that it's a real phenomenon, but if you do in fact think that, please speak up and give some evidence or explanation. First of all, "celebrity" is relative. Second of all, "they come in threes" is absurdly vague as far as a time limit. Third of all, it's painfully obvious that people will try to fill in the missing piece(s) after one or two major celebrities die within a few days, weeks, or perhaps even months of each other.Fourth of all, come on. Seriously?? Come on.
one time i read my horoscope and all it said was "bet the 4 horse in the 4th race", so i checked the results for the local track the next day in the paper and it the 4 horse won the 4th race. horoscopes never lie
  • 2 weeks later...
Touchdown Jesus as honored in this song.The so-called Big Butter Jesus, or Touchdown Jesus, that iconic62-foot piece of Savior-art on I-75 in Ohio, was struck by lightninglast night between 11 pm and midnight. It was completely destroyed byfire, save for the charred steel frame.Though undoubtedly an impressive work, the steel, wood, andfiberglass statue has been the subject of snickers from passersby foryears, due to its yellowy butter-like appearance, and the pose that hasbeen interpreted as calling a touchdown or drowning in a swamp orquicksand. The statue was built at the edge of a lake on the propertyof Solid Rock Church in Monroe, Ohio. I'm disappointed, because I'mlikely taking a road trip soon and might have stopped over to see itwith my own eyes!inter.jpgThis isn't the first article I've written on Big Butter Jesus, either. Back in March he was trending on the web (I'm not sure why), but I wrote a short piece on this Midwestern curiosity and Heywood Banks' ditty on it. It's a really funny song, check out my previous article to see it.[Follow the first link to see video of it burning]
  • 2 weeks later...