Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

Sad, Sad news :club: Anyone who ever smoked his strain will agree.The Hemperor, Jack Herer has DiedBonnie King Salem-News.comThe global cannabis community mourns the loss of the great Jack Herer.The one and only Jack Herer will be missed forever.(SALEM, Ore.) - The sad news has been confirmed. Jack Herer, author of Emperor Wears No Clothes and renowned around the world for hemp activism, has died at 11:17 a.m. today, in Eugene, Oregon.Jack Herer suffered a heart attack last September just after speaking on stage at the Portland HempStalk festival. The last seven months have proven to be a huge challenge to the man, with several health issues making his recovery complicated.Jack Herer's health has been poor lately, this last week there have been reports of the severity, and an outpouring of prayers on his behalf."It's shocking news, even after these last seven, trying months," said Paul Stanford, THCF Executive Director."Jack Herer has been a good friend and associate of mine for over 30 years. I was there when he had the heart attack at our Hempstalk festival and I know he wouldn’t appreciate the quality of life he's endured these last months. Still he will be greatly missed. I honor his memory.""No other single person has done more to educate people all across the world about industrial hemp and marijuana as Jack Herer. His book is translated into a dozen different languages, it's a bestseller in Germany," added Stanford."The Hempstalk stage will forever be the Jack Herer Memorial stage. And, a Memorial is planned to be built where he fell that day," Stanford said."His legacy will continue to inspire and encourage for generations to come."LINK

The legendary rapper Guru, one half of the influential hip-hop duo Gang Starr, has died at 43.Guru, whose real name was Keith Elam, had been battling cancer and suffered a heart attack on Feb. 28. Following surgery, he fell into a coma.Gang Starr was formed in 1987 and found success with the albums "Step in the Arena" and "Daily Operation."

RIP, Juan Antonio Samaranch. Even though you slighted us at the closing ceremonies, I'll never forget where I was when you announced that the Olympics were going to "dee seety of Ahtlahnta", and the world class party that ensued that night.

It's not looking good for Bret Michaels. Shame -- he came across as cooler and smarter than expected on Rock of Love (although most of the girls left me feeling, as one friend put it, like I'd catch a disease through the television).

It's not looking good for Bret Michaels. Shame -- he came across as cooler and smarter than expected on Rock of Love (although most of the girls left me feeling, as one friend put it, like I'd catch a disease through the television).
This is a bit premature isn't it? He's not dead yet. It does look bad though. I agree that he came across well on that show, though the fact that he was attracted to those hussies makes it hard to fully respect him. Here's hoping he pulls through.
You're a ****ing moron for making a joke like this publically.
I know I'm late to this party, but...is the fullcontactpoker.com off topic forum considered to house "public" statements? Maybe technically, but come on.
was the pilot Polish? if so, i'd say that's a bad idea too
Heh.JoeyJoJo!

Lynn Redgrave, and also, a couple days ago, the guy who designed the Greek-looking paper coffee cup so iconic of New York delis.

I know you were posting about Redgrave, but not everyone clicks on links.

I know you were posting about Redgrave, but not everyone clicks on links.
This simply isn't true. Everyone clicks on every link.
Legendary Tigers broadcaster Ernie Harwell died tonight. Great man.
i grew up listening to Ernie, in fact, we always watched the game but instead of the sound of the tv, we turned the radio on just to hear him call the game. He will be truly missed.
i grew up listening to Ernie, in fact, we always watched the game but instead of the sound of the tv, we turned the radio on just to hear him call the game. He will be truly missed.
I did the exact same thing growing up. My grandpa (who has passed) got me doing that when I was young. It really made me mad when they let him go back in the day, then to my delight brought him back. He will be missed. God be with his wife, Lulu.