Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

Excellent. I was just coming back here to post, "Michael Jackson's dead? Who's the black kid they keep posting pictures of?"You cleared it all up for me, Henry.

holy shit is that what twitter looks like? how in the fuck is it so popular? that thing just raped the backs of my eyeballs.
LOL it doesn't normally look like that. It's gotten superaids becauser off all the MJ twittering.
LOL it doesn't normally look like that. It's gotten superaids becauser off all the MJ twittering.
oh ok, I clicked the "view standard" button so now it looks like, well, it looks like fucking myspace. jesus, somebody needs to open up a social networking site set in DOS. that I could handle.

According to a UK newspaper site, someone created a fake news story about Goldblum's death (and another claiming Harrison Ford is dead as well) and tweeted links to them. George Clooney was another fake death mentioned.

According to a UK newspaper site, someone created a fake news story about Goldblum's death (and another claiming Harrison Ford is dead as well) and tweeted links to them. George Clooney was another fake death mentioned.
No no, the Clooney one is real.He died right after making Batman and Robin.At least he was dead to me.
Suicide by way of sleeping pills is what my money is on.
this
This should probably have been the very first post in this thread:famous.png
LOL That's so great..Back on the news of the day, if I hear one more person say " MJ was a legend, show some respect" I'm going to flip my ****ing shit. THis guy has been a punchline for so long. MJ jokes are like the go to material when a stand up comedian or talkshow host wants a cheap laugh, and they have been so for over 20 years. Because MJ died, doesn't make him less of a joke, less of a freakshow. It just makes him a dead freakshow.
LOL That's so great..Back on the news of the day, if I hear one more person say " MJ was a legend, show some respect" I'm going to flip my ****ing shit. THis guy has been a punchline for so long. MJ jokes are like the go to material when a stand up comedian or talkshow host wants a cheap laugh, and they have been so for over 20 years. Because MJ died, doesn't make him less of a joke, less of a freakshow. It just makes him a dead freakshow.
I laughed at how many people's facebook status updates said they were "devistated" by his death. Really?Or that they'll "miss him". If he died 10 years ago and they never released it, most people would never know he was dead.But, my friend Amanda made up for those updates with her's: "Sooooooooo....we're just gonna act like he didn't touch little boys now? Hmmm...."
I laughed at how many people's facebook status updates said they were "devistated" by his death. Really?Or that they'll "miss him". If he died 10 years ago and they never released it, most people would never know he was dead.But, my friend Amanda made up for those updates with her's: "Sooooooooo....we're just gonna act like he dind't touch little boys now? Hmmm...."
Yeah, I find this thing so fascinating. He's simultaneously loved and reviled, and he was undeniably a weirdo. Watching the Schizophrenic reaction to him in the media and in facebook/twitter/message boards is killing me.
I laughed at how many people's facebook status updates said they were "devistated" by his death. Really?Or that they'll "miss him". If he died 10 years ago and they never released it, most people would never know he was dead.But, my friend Amanda made up for those updates with her's: "Sooooooooo....we're just gonna act like he dind't touch little boys now? Hmmm...."
I will never understand how people react to the death of someone they don't really know. This all reminds me when Cobain died. The reactions of people crying in the street and such just make me shake my head. People getting killed in wars and genocide across the planet and some dude who sang some really cool songs died and the world stops. I guess I am just not wired to feel that emotion. Sure it is not a good thing MJ, Farrah, and Ed died this week. I am sure their family and true friends are feeling the pain. But why does some fat 40 year old housewife in Idaho need to roll around her front yard crying like her mother and father were shot right in front of her? That to me is not showing respect. But I am a dick.I am also not going to facebook for a few days since like you said, it is filled with retardedness right now.
I will never understand how people react to the death of someone they don't really know. This all reminds me when Cobain died. The reactions of people crying in the street and such just make me shake my head. People getting killed in wars and genocide across the planet and some dude who sang some really cool songs died and the world stops. I guess I am just not wired to feel that emotion. Sure it is not a good thing MJ, Farrah, and Ed died this week. I am sure their family and true friends are feeling the pain. But why does some fat 40 year old housewife in Idaho need to roll around her front yard crying like her mother and father were shot right in front of her? That to me is not showing respect. But I am a dick.I am also not going to facebook for a few days since like you said, it is filled with retardedness right now.
I mean, I guess I intellectually understand it, but I don't feel it emotionally. People just get really attached to music, like deeply emotionally attached ot it, and it gets mixed in with so many other things, memories, sense of your youth. Plus, when people are kids, they are really into idol worship, so if MJ was one of those idols, if you had the jacket or the poster or w/e as a kid, I can see how that would bother you as an adult, the same way that like Mickey Mantle's death affected my dad. But I just don't give that much of a shit. I almost completely can divorce the art and artist. THe only time an artist's death really bother's me, is if it's in their artistic prime. I was more affected personally by David Foster Wallace's death than MJ's, but that's because I felt almost cheated out of not getting to read any more of his work. But MJ was not in his artistic prime. Michael Jackson, the productive, legendary artist, has been dead for almost 2 decades now, so I have no problem mocking the freakshow that he became at the time of his death.

Was Michael Jackson murdered? Police are after speaking to his doctor and the doctor has gone missing.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6585015.eceLos Angeles police were reportedly searching for Michael Jackson's personal physician today to question him over allegations that the star received a potentially fatal dose of the painkiller Demerol before his death yesterday afternoon.News of the manhunt broke on the well-connected celebrity gossip website TMZ.com, which was the first to report the star's death. The police action followed earlier reports that Jackson had been given an large dose of the drug - which can prompt cardiac failure - to help deal with the pain after a rehearsal for a series of 50 comeback concerts in London.TMZ reported: "We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home - and the doctor is nowhere to be found... The cops want to interview the doc."An LAPD spokeswoman said that she could not confirm the report.Jackson, 50, collapsed at his rented mansion in the Holmby Hills area of the city yesterday afternoon, apparently after suffering a heart attack.Paramedics were called to Jackson's home at 12.21pm local time to respond to a "50-year-old male" who was "not breathing at all". He was rushed to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, but doctors were unable to revive him and his death was confirmed at 2.26pm.Family members told TMZ that he had received his daily shot of Demerol at 11.30 am, but the dosage was "too much".As thousands of fans gathered outside the UCLA hospital to mark the singer's sudden death, detectives from the LAPD's Robbery Homicide division conducted an initial search of his house at the behest of city police chief William Bratton.It was not clear whether they interviewed Mr Jackson's doctor - who has not been officially named - but TMZ said that the doctor's BMW car was towed away during the night.Jackson's death had been confirmed by his brother Jermaine, who told reporters and TV crews at the hospital: “We believe he suffered a cardiac arrest at his home, however the cause of his death is unknown until the results of the autopsy are known."He added: "The personal physician who was with him at the time attempted to resuscitate him.”

I have been waiting patiently for someone to liken this to Kurt Cobain. That one I really didnt understand. At least with Michael Jackson, he really was the most recognizable face on the planet (or close to it) for a while. So I can understand the outpouring of emotion.....but it is always going to be over the top in some places.I still dont understand why everyone thought Princess Di passing was such a big deal. She married rich and did a lot of charity work and then got tangled in a messy, highly visible separation. Don't get the uproar.