Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

He's colder than that, now.

God damn it, Fritz, you could have gone with "happy trails, bubby" there, and you ****ed it up.

Posted Images

"Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill" star David Carradine was found hung himself in a closet in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.Police believed he committed suicide.
I got to meet David Carradine and Chris Potter during a filming of Kung Fu the Legend continues, seris in Toronto around 1995? nice guy. Chris Potter was down to earth too. Loved that show they filmed that whole seris in the Toronto area.
Maybe

RIP David EddingDavid Eddings, a Spokane, Wash., native and fantasy writer who wrote more than two dozen novels, died Tuesday. He was 77. Eddings died of natural causes at his home in Carson City, Nev. Eddings' novels included the multi-volume "Belgariad" and "Malloreon" series. Many were written with his wife, Leigh, who died in 2007. His last book was "The Younger Gods" published in 2006. In 1973, Eddings published "High Hunt," a non-fantasy story that explored themes of manhood and coming of age for four men on a hunting trip shortly after the Vietnam War. Several years later, Eddings read J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and decided fantasy writing was his calling.

RIP David EddingDavid Eddings, a Spokane, Wash., native and fantasy writer who wrote more than two dozen novels, died Tuesday. He was 77. Eddings died of natural causes at his home in Carson City, Nev. Eddings' novels included the multi-volume "Belgariad" and "Malloreon" series. Many were written with his wife, Leigh, who died in 2007. His last book was "The Younger Gods" published in 2006. In 1973, Eddings published "High Hunt," a non-fantasy story that explored themes of manhood and coming of age for four men on a hunting trip shortly after the Vietnam War. Several years later, Eddings read J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and decided fantasy writing was his calling.
oh man, i loved the belgariad when i was a kid.
  • 2 weeks later...

Ventures guitarist Bob Bogle dies at 75Hits included "Walk -- Don't Run," "Hawaii Five-O"(CNN) -- Ventures lead guitarist Bob Bogle, whose fretwork on such instrumental hits such as "Walk -- Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O" influenced countless bands, died Sunday in Vancouver, Washington.He was 75.The cause was non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to Don Wilson, who co-founded the Ventures with Bogle in the 1950s."He had a special sound that nobody could ever re-create. He was totally unique as a guitar player," Wilson told CNNRadio.Wilson and Bogle learned how to play guitar while working as construction workers in the 1950s in their native Tacoma, Washington. The pair formed the Ventures in 1958."We had a lot of time on our hands after work, so we'd get together and play," Wilson recalled. "A year and a half later, we had a number two hit called 'Walk -- Don't Run.' " The group first heard the song on a Chet Atkins record.Several other hits followed, including "Perfidia," "Walk Don't Run '64" and "Diamond Head." The group took the theme of the TV show "Hawaii Five-O" into the Top Ten in 1969 and later supplied background music for the series.But the band, which played almost solely instrumentals, was perhaps more influential for its albums. Thirty-eight of the band's long-players hit Billboard's Top 200 chart, including albums that covered country songs, dance tunes and Christmas melodies. One of the band's albums was titled "Play Guitar with the Ventures," and countless did."I can't think of a better contribution for instrumental music on his style than 'Walk -- Don't Run,' " Wilson said. "A lot of good would-be guitar players and garage bands would go out and buy guitars just to learn that song."The Ventures were voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008. At the induction ceremony, Creedence Clearwater Revival's John Fogerty praised the group: "It's enough to say, the Ventures are the most popular instrumental band of all time," he said.Bogle fought his illness with dignity, Wilson said."His doctors gave him 10 years to live, and he lived 12. The last two years were really tough. At least he lived to know the Ventures had been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."Bogle is survived by his wife, Yumi.One of my favorite bands ever.

Desmond MoranIts not easy being a mobster anymore.From wicki-Desmond "Tuppence" Moran, the brother of murdered Moran family patriarch Lewis Moran,[1] had publicly claimed to be out of the criminal business.[8] On 17 March 2009 at about 8.50pm (AEDT), he was the target of an unsuccessful assassination attempt outside his home in Langs Road, Ascot Vale. As he sat in his car, a single bullet struck the steering wheel and was deflected from the driver. Moran was in the passenger seat, and witnesses claim to have seen the would-be killer fleeing immediately after firing the single shot.[9]At about midday (AEST) on 15 June 2009, Moran was shot dead in Ascot Vale. [10] On 16 June, Desmond Moran's sister-in-law Judy Moran and three others were arrested for his murder. Those arrested allegedly include Suzie Kane, sister-in-law of Moran's deceased son, Jason Moran. Judy Moran and Kane were subsequently charged with being an accessory after the fact.[11]

Carradine was found naked with a rope around his neck and a rope around his genitals??? Autoerotic asphyxiation claims another victim?
Am I the only one who thought of the X-Files episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose"?
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation. Mulder: Why are you telling ME that? Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

Ed McMahon, who gained fame as Johnny Carson's sidekick on "The Tonight Show," has died, his representative says.

Interesting, never knew this about Ed McMahon...From WikiMilitary serviceDuring World War II, McMahon was a fighter pilot in the United States Marine Corps serving as a flight instructor and test pilot. He was a decorated pilot and was discharged in 1946, remaining in the reserves.[3]After college, McMahon returned to active duty. He was sent to Korea in February 1953. He flew unarmed O-1E Bird Dogs on 85 tactical air control and artillery spotting missions. He remained in the Marine Corps Reserve, retiring with the rank of Colonel in 1966 and was then commissioned as a Brigadier General in the California Air National Guard.

Interesting, never knew this about Ed McMahon...From WikiMilitary serviceDuring World War II, McMahon was a fighter pilot in the United States Marine Corps serving as a flight instructor and test pilot. He was a decorated pilot and was discharged in 1946, remaining in the reserves.[3]After college, McMahon returned to active duty. He was sent to Korea in February 1953. He flew unarmed O-1E Bird Dogs on 85 tactical air control and artillery spotting missions. He remained in the Marine Corps Reserve, retiring with the rank of Colonel in 1966 and was then commissioned as a Brigadier General in the California Air National Guard.
I did not know that. Thats some wild stuff.
Heaven has a new Angel.
Farrah Fawcett, the blond-maned actress whose best-selling poster and "Charlie's Angels" stardom made her one of the most famous faces in the world, has died. She was 62. Fawcett had been battling anal cancer on and off for three years.I was unaware one could get cancer of the anus, has to be a shitty way to go out
Farrah Fawcett, the blond-maned actress whose best-selling poster and "Charlie's Angels" stardom made her one of the most famous faces in the world, has died. She was 62. Fawcett had been battling anal cancer on and off for three years.I was unaware one could get cancer of the anus, has to be a shitty way to go out
There is some evidence that that the more sexual partners you have had, the more likely you are to develop anal cancer. This may be because more partners means more chances of contact with the HPV virus. Also, women who have anal intercourse, and men who have receptive anal intercourse have a higher risk of developing anal cancer. This may be because they are more likely to have HPV infection of the anus, or it might be due to other factors, such as inflammation of the anus.
pun intended ?