50k Horse On Espn?

What does everyone think about how ESPN has covered all the events so far? I think they have done pretty well, especially in the Hi/Lo events, although with three forms of stud being played each hand takes a while to play. But it is great to see Helmuth PMSing the entire time.

As excited as I get to see these broadcasts, I get bored pretty quick when they show two hands, go to commercial, come back for the all-in moment, go back to commercial, come back for an interview, show another all-in moment, show another commercial, come back to show Phil Hellmuth bad mouth more players.I could care less about these anymore. I watched the ME and that's about it. And the final table on the ME was horrible. Hardly any poker playing in the broadcast. I'd much rather watch HSP on Monday nights for three hours...and I do.

As excited as I get to see these broadcasts, I get bored pretty quick when they show two hands, go to commercial, come back for the all-in moment, go back to commercial, come back for an interview, show another all-in moment, show another commercial, come back to show Phil Hellmuth bad mouth more players.I could care less about these anymore. I watched the ME and that's about it. And the final table on the ME was horrible. Hardly any poker playing in the broadcast. I'd much rather watch HSP on Monday nights for three hours...and I do.
This was, by far, my favorite WSOP broadcast since the triple draw a few years ago. I seriously almost fell over at hellmuth describing his omaha / stud games as "perfect" to "near perfect" and claiming to be one of the best 5 O8 players in the world. My wife actually said "what the hell is wrong with him".So great. I thought they did a very good job explaining the rules to people who wouldn't be familiar, although as expected, their hand analysis was a little off.
I never realized until I watched the broadcast exactly how close Kravchenko came to winning the whole thing. He "played" Yang to perfection, getting incredible action.. Yang never once considered how tightly Alex was playing, imho... Granted the telecast is 0.001% of the hands, but to think Alex was one flip away from going from a low of 2% of the chips in play to dominating chipleader... wow.. just wow...
I never realized until I watched the broadcast exactly how close Kravchenko came to winning the whole thing. He "played" Yang to perfection, getting incredible action.. Yang never once considered how tightly Alex was playing, imho... Granted the telecast is 0.001% of the hands, but to think Alex was one flip away from going from a low of 2% of the chips in play to dominating chipleader... wow.. just wow...
Well that you didn't realize it before could be because the braodcast left out a lot of very, very weak moves Kravchenko made after the last doubleup he won, he donked of more than a third of his chips to Yang by repeatedly limping/raising small and then folding after Yang's automatic huge reraise, by then he should really have known better than to try that against a player like Yang. I generelly would say that the broadcast didn't only fail to give an accurate picture of the second half of the FT, sometimes I had the feeling it deliberately tried to give a false impression of how the FT was like, and finally the HU play (remember, the longest HU battle in recent years ME AINEC!) where they show exactly one hand and even dare to commentate "Lam puts the pressure on early!" which was just a deliberate, blatant lie.That said, I thought given the circumstances they made a good job of covering the HORSE event, the format of the show makes it impossible to make a great poker show IMHO, there's just so much happening and not enough time to show more than part of it.
Well that you didn't realize it before could be because the braodcast left out a lot of very, very weak moves Kravchenko made after the last doubleup he won, he donked of more than a third of his chips to Yang by repeatedly limping/raising small and then folding after Yang's automatic huge reraise, by then he should really have known better than to try that against a player like Yang. I generelly would say that the broadcast didn't only fail to give an accurate picture of the second half of the FT, sometimes I had the feeling it deliberately tried to give a false impression of how the FT was like, and finally the HU play (remember, the longest HU battle in recent years ME AINEC!) where they show exactly one hand and even dare to commentate "Lam puts the pressure on early!" which was just a deliberate, blatant lie.That said, I thought given the circumstances they made a good job of covering the HORSE event, the format of the show makes it impossible to make a great poker show IMHO, there's just so much happening and not enough time to show more than part of it.
QFT. I was on the "rail" for the entire heads up match here on FCP.. It was ungodly long, and Lam let Yang essentially run him over. Still sick that Tuan Lam only had 2 cards to dodge to be right back in the match heads up.I am *loving* the HORSE coverage. It's the shining example of how good ESPN can truly be. I also am really enjoying the split win %s on the Stud8 hands, it really is informative, because you don't see things like "268" on 3rd is only 57% to make/win the low in print very often.Kravchenko may have gotten too fancy against Yang, but the whole mess is still Lee Child's fault. *never* forget that. Speaking of Lee's, Watkinson deserves a share of the blame, too. Watkinson attacked an aggressive player with a weak hand, cardinal sin #1. But Childs laid down monster hands against an aggressive lagtard, which is cardinal sin #1a...

After watching the WSOP HORSE episodes it really got me excited about poker again. I am planning on learning and playing the limit forms of poker (HORSE on FTP/PS) and stay away from NLHE for a while. NLHE has felt like such a grind lately and this should help keep things fresh, plus it may help my NLHE game in the long run learning new forms of poker....I can't wait for next week's episode to air......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :club::D:D

This was, by far, my favorite WSOP broadcast since the triple draw a few years ago. I seriously almost fell over at hellmuth describing his omaha / stud games as "perfect" to "near perfect" and claiming to be one of the best 5 O8 players in the world. My wife actually said "what the hell is wrong with him".So great.
hahaha - I was tempted to turn it off, but watching him act like an ass is always fun - it just makes me want to get into games with him more and more, especially HORSE. :)His Stud game is perfect/near perfect? I'd wipe the floor with him BLINDFOLDED (Stud is NOT a game you can really play w/out looking at the other person's board though), and I've only played $1-$10 Stud tourneys...I'd say the same about Omaha, but a) I suck at Omaha in general and b.) I've never sat and played Omaha with Phil.
hahaha - I was tempted to turn it off, but watching him act like an ass is always fun - it just makes me want to get into games with him more and more, especially HORSE. :)His Stud game is perfect/near perfect? I'd wipe the floor with him BLINDFOLDED (Stud is NOT a game you can really play w/out looking at the other person's board though), and I've only played $1-$10 Stud tourneys...I'd say the same about Omaha, but a) I suck at Omaha in general and b.) I've never sat and played Omaha with Phil.
You have sat and played with Phil in other forms of poker??? Please do tell...
You have sat and played with Phil in other forms of poker??? Please do tell...
No, smartass. :PI imagine he'd be easy money in the Stud games, and given that 60% of HORSE is a Stud variant. :)I'd still have to give him the edge against me in the flop games though - I don't think I play those as well as I do Razz, Stud, and Stud 8.In watching the HORSE lastnight, that's one thing I don't think Phil realizes about limit tourneys and cash games - they reward a solid player (whether he's a nit or a LAG) more than they do a LAGtard who can't fold a hand.
I am *loving* the HORSE coverage. It's the shining example of how good ESPN can truly be. I also am really enjoying the split win %s on the Stud8 hands, it really is informative, because you don't see things like "268" on 3rd is only 57% to make/win the low in print very often.
I'm actually pretty curious where they get their percentages from. I'd love to have something equivalent to PokerStove for Stud games. I feel like it'd help my learning a lot.
There is no way Phil plays loose enough in O8B to turn a steady profit.. period.edit: of course, he claims in Play Poker Like the Pros he's once finished 4th in an O8B tourney playing only A2...He also documented experimenting for months with playing any 4 cards 9 or higher.. lol. just... lol.
There is no way Phil plays loose enough in O8B to turn a steady profit.. period.edit: of course, he claims in Play Poker Like the Pros he's once finished 4th in an O8B tourney playing only A2...He also documented experimenting for months with playing any 4 cards 9 or higher.. lol. just... lol.
I lol'ed at this. How many entrants were there, 4?