50k Horse On Espn?

According to ESPN it looks like it will run every Tuesday from October 16h - 30th airing at 8 & 9PM...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=2928673Since I am in Canada it looks like I will have to wait for pokertube or thepokerbay to get it up...

According to ESPN it looks like it will run every Tuesday from October 16h - 30th airing at 8 & 9PM...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=2928673Since I am in Canada it looks like I will have to wait for pokertube or thepokerbay to get it up...
They are showing it, 6 hour episodes i think
Yeah my bad. It's going to be fun watching a mixed game instead of hold em or is the final table all hold em like it was in 06? I remember on the updates that they were playing stud, I think, so I'm assuming it's mixed.
Yeah my bad. It's going to be fun watching a mixed game instead of hold em or is the final table all hold em like it was in 06? I remember on the updates that they were playing stud, I think, so I'm assuming it's mixed.
Like my kids the FT is mixed

My DVR lists it as the WSOP Player's Championship and describes it as a championship for the top pros. I like it, and am unbelievably excited.I believe this is the broadcast premiere of hi/lo split games for any major poker show, so it'll be interesting how they decribe it.

How many times do you think they will explain the rules of these games?
Do they explain the rules in detail when they air the 2-7 triple draw, Omaha hi-lo, Stud 8b?? They may spend 20-30 seconds per game in the first epsiode...
Do they explain the rules in detail when they air the 2-7 triple draw, Omaha hi-lo, Stud 8b?? They may spend 20-30 minutes per game in the first epsiode...
FYP. it will be interesting to see.

Maybe they'll edit it, such that they still predominently show holdem. Like over 50% or something? I doubt the producers will go full out showing all the games evenly. I assume this will be something of a testing of the waters for them too.I may be wrong though, and all games will have equal air time. Which would be better, not only for promoting HORSE, but showing a consistent and fair broadcast of the whole tournament.

Episode Detail: 2007 Players Championship - World Series of PokerPart 1 of 6. The 2007 Players Championship, a $50,000 buy-in for top pros in Las Vegas. Lon McEachern and Norman Chad call the play.Episodes - 10/30/2007: 2007 Players Championship10/30/2007: 2007 Players Championship10/23/2007: 2007 Players Championship10/23/2007: 2007 Players Championship10/16/2007: 2007 Players Championship10/16/2007: 2007 Players Championship

Maybe they'll edit it, such that they still predominently show holdem. Like over 50% or something? I doubt the producers will go full out showing all the games evenly. I assume this will be something of a testing of the waters for them too.I may be wrong though, and all games will have equal air time. Which would be better, not only for promoting HORSE, but showing a consistent and fair broadcast of the whole tournament.
I think they will show the interesting hands so if there happends to be more interesting holdem hands then stud then it will get more air time.This probably wont happen though because I have never seen an interesting Razz hand.
Mixed games Limit Hold 'Em and Stud Hi are about to become a lot more profitable. :club::D :D
Fixed yer post. I'm praying for some O8B and Stud8B to make the telecast, but to call me cautiously optimistic would be an overstatement. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. They should have sold rights to Game Show Network, where viewers are actually understand to understand slightly complex poker ahead of time without the obligatory hand-holding.
Fixed yer post. I'm praying for some O8B and Stud8B to make the telecast, but to call me cautiously optimistic would be an overstatement. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. They should have sold rights to Game Show Network, where viewers are actually understand to understand slightly complex poker ahead of time without the obligatory hand-holding.
ESPN televised texas holdem before people knew what they were looking at. If a big pot happends then it is going to be showned which means O8B wont have a problem. Only real problem with this is that it is an hour show. 16 minutes of ads. 40 minutes on interest stories so that leaves 3 minutes for each of the 5 forms

I seem to remember that there was an absolutely gigantic, completely insane multi-way razz pot pretty early on that put Eli Elezra way ahead, so I imagine at least one razz hand will be shown. I'm pretty curious to see that one to be honest, because from what I read about it during updates the play from everyone involved seemed to defy logic.And if they don't show the PLO I'd guess it's because there was live coverage on the WSOP site. Was a cracking FT too. Some really big hands and excellent play.

I'm curious to see the commentary for the non-holdem games. I guess someone will be writing the commentary for Lon and Norman. They should bring in some good players to give insight, but I doubt they will. I know how to play all of the games but am still fairly new so I'd like to have some deeper insight into the games presented in the shows.

I seem to remember that there was an absolutely gigantic, completely insane multi-way razz pot pretty early on that put Eli Elezra way ahead, so I imagine at least one razz hand will be shown. I'm pretty curious to see that one to be honest, because from what I read about it during updates the play from everyone involved seemed to defy logic.
Yeah wasn't it played blind? Or at least by a couple of people?
I don't think so. They already showed all the events they were planning to.
pwned?