percentage of hands played in online nl cash games

I know most of you veteran FCPers specialize in fixed limit, but I have a question for the no limit cash game players out there. I've been a serious live game player for a while now, and only recently started playing online on a regular basis. I spend most of my time in no limit cash games on ultimatebet. I just wanted to get a feel for what percentage of hands other regular nl guys are playing. I've had the most success when my percentage of hands played is between 12-17%. Any higher than that and I tend to get in trouble. I'm interested in knowing what other people are doing and what kind of success they've had...

Im about 20% 10 handed. Have a good hand in position? Bet hard until you know you are beat.Have a good (but not great hand) out of position . . fold it up. Maybe a bit tight, but I rather get my money in when I have the cards AND position. Its the advantage of multitabling - no really long spells of nothing to do.Dev

Really depends on the buyin, to me. I actually like seeing more flops at higher buyins, since the players are much more predictable.For example, in a 10 handed game, you raise with aces in early. Only the button calls. Flop comes down 972 rainbow; you bet and are suddenly faced with a massive raise. With decent players (aka, higher buy in), you can feel very safe about your hand and gladly shove in the rest of your stack. With amateurs, well...people play 97 there all the damn time.

For example, in a 10 handed game, you raise with aces in early. Only the button calls. Flop comes down 972 rainbow; you bet and are suddenly faced with a massive raise. With decent players (aka, higher buy in), you can feel very safe about your hand and gladly shove in the rest of your stack. With amateurs, well...people play 97 there all the damn time.
Really? My experience differs at higher stakes. Someone pushing all in often means a set has been hit and they are forcing out the draw hands. Id be MUCH more inclined to fold AA at the higher table when someone bets an all in, than at the lower limits where someone with that flop may just have A9o.Not saying you are wrong, just that my experience differs.Dev

I play in short handed tables( 5 or 6 max) , and play 100% of my hands for about three rounds, raising and re raising with everything, playing like a maniac... then I tighten up, but not an insane amount, because now I get all the action I want.. I pretty much raise every single button I get, and I've i'm re raised, will fold pretty easy.... when I first sit down, everyone is folding everything, but by the time about three rounds have passed, they are calling my raises with virtually any hand, and I get them into big pots with marginal hands, and bust them...This is a style I'm still perfecting, but It's had great results...but as a general NL strat, a little safer, play any pair from any position, even to a small raise, because the hands are so easy to play post flop.. in fact, calling a small raise with 55 is exactly what you want.. you WANT them to have aa, so if you hit your 55 you bust them hard..don't worry about suited unless it's ace high, because you only make money with flushes in NL if you're against a lower flush... suited adds value, but low status of flush can be costly..but connecters are gold.. play suited or off suit connectors in late position.. even consider a small raise to build a pot, and disguise your hand with them.. while flush boards are easy for one pair, two pair, and set hands to away from, those hands get trapped for all their money against straights.. straights are where the money is in no limit...that is unless you play "nuts".. then all the money is in value betting!

When I do play NLHE, I don't like to sit and wait for hands, so I am usually pretty aggressive and take down a lot of the pots preflop, or if I sense weakness after the flop. I think the key of NL is to be as aggressive as you can and take down as many pots as you can, but to know when you won't be able to take down the pot and get out. I have a pretty high percentage of flops seen (probably somewhere between a third and a half), but I have an even higher percentage of pots won when I get to the showdown.

As with everything it depends. The primary factor effecting it are the table you are at, kind of players you are against, your style of play and your adaptability. Presuming you are talking about Low NLHE (Say up to a $500 buy in) your range of hands seen will be between 12% (ultratight I sit and wait for nuts) and 45ish (I am running over the table).Personally I find my optimal numbers, or the times when I extract the most profit from a table is when the has about 35 to 45% of people seeing the flop. I am playing between 25% and 37% of the hands I am dealt, and of these about 20% go to a showdown where I have around a 76% win rate (for some reason I only have this stat as it pertains to all the cash games I play).Generally the fish who have no clue play a lot of hands, players who are learning on a low bankroll, not yet comfortable play the least and the experienced players are somewhere in the middle. Ideally you want a table where most of the play id post-flop (as it's meant to be).Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask. Also remember, use the numbers to analyze your play, don't do what most people do and analyze the numbers, it is a subtle but crucial difference.Good Luck at the Tables (unless I am opposite you)

I am probably the rookiest FCP here10 handed NLHE: 23%8 handed NLHE: 27%6 handed NLHE: 35%Plus my cash game is terrible, dont' listen to me.
a little loose, marion :shock:
HAHA STOP IT :cry:
Really? My experience differs at higher stakes.  Someone pushing all in often means a set has been hit and they are forcing out the draw hands.  Id be MUCH more inclined to fold AA at the higher table when someone bets an all in, than at the lower limits where someone with that flop may just have A9o.Not saying you are wrong, just that my experience differs.Dev
I agree, some of hands people call all in's with is ridiculous in low stakes. Top pair is golden and 2 pair is the nuts in their mind, 4 spades on the board? Who cares.

Playing on party i look for the smaller avg. pots 6 handed(25 and 50) and will usually play 50%.You know your going to see cheap flops and its preety weak play so not hard to steal and the constant raise to steal piss people off and when they finally push hopefully your hand is made or you can just fold.Online NL is a gold mine if you play smart the fish are everywhere.

mine varies from around 20% to a hight % sometimes if i feel my table is really overplaying and all i have to do is hit one hand and i will win a big pot i play and raise with more hands and suited connectors. But like tonight in the game i go to i will play tight and early on see less then 20% because the table is so weak they pay off with bottom pair or even jack high so it is impossible to bluff so i don't i need a hand so i wait for one and punish them when i get it. I would say don't be overlyconcernedwith how many your seeing but pay more attention to how your table is playing and then play accordingly.

i am probably one of the looser players at this site and it shows in my bankroll. I probably play somewhere around 40 persent of the hands no limit, i am playing 6 handed though. I have tried to get myself down but i just get to impatient and bored my ADD kicks in.

In 7500 games played, my flop seen % is at 32%.  And I consider myself to be a tight/aggressive type player who plays good starting hands from the proper positions.
Seeing 1/3 of all flops is not tight-aggressive, it's loose-aggressive.

I play NL on UB anywhere from .10/.25 through .5/1. My flop percentage is somewhere between 18 to 23%. I will play any pair because sets pay off huge. No one will lay down their top 2 pair or there three of a kind when the flop is AAx.

wow. i'm really suprised at some of the extremes on the forum.i'm 18-20% and that's fairly tight. 12%...wow. that's like...not a lot. and 35-40%...pretty loose for a full handed game guys.according to my pokertracker autorate from bet-the-pot. 12% is rock status and 35-40% is maniac.