25nl on ap, been at the table for like 45 mins. so far not very many big pots (pot average was like $2.5) how much should i be betting on the streets assuming im called all the way (i really need to work on my turn betting)Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($27.25)Hero ($27.80)BB ($13.65)UTG ($43.95)MP ($10.70)CO ($18.44)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :D , T :club: . UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.25) A :D , K :D , Q :D(5 players)Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $1, Button raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, CO folds, Button calls $4. im thinking that since there was no raise pf, his min raise really didnt scare me since the only hand that would have hit that flop hard was another J10. I was trying to think of a way to keep at least one more person in the hand. i figured that one of the 2 guys would call my raise to 6(was this the right amount to reraise?)i never know how much to bet on the flop in this situation, so i figured just under pot would be fine.Turn: ($14.25) 3 :)(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.i know this bet is way too small, afterwards i was thinking more like $9 or $10River: ($26.25) 9 :)(2 players)Hero bets $10, Button raises to $15, Hero calls $5.again i bet too small, i probably should have just put it all in here.Final Pot: $56.25Results in white below: Hero has Js Td (straight, ace high). Button doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $56.25. i think im just betting small because lately i have never been getting paid off and i feel like im due, but im guessing that i should be better more here (esp on the turn and river)

your bets are def. small, you're holding the best hand - why not push it to at least pot sized bets? I would've raised instead of called on the river too.

You have the nuts but its not like you are unbeatable here. Bet more. Don't price them in on their flush draws.
there is no hand that can beat him, the worst he could get is someone with JT and a chopped pot - any flush draw would've been busted on the river. Only way he would lose is if he folded and I would have a hard time thinking he would fold the nuts.

You mean on the river only?They're talking about the turn. His hand is still vulnerable.I just say don't bet the pot, at least on the turn, because people will be less likely to peel with weaker holdings. River shove is prolly better, as he's pretty well told us he's committed anyways.

You mean on the river only?
yes
They're talking about the turn. His hand is still vulnerable.
Even so, unless the villain is a total donkey (like me) and chases a flush draw to the river...he's got him beat if he puts more in on the turn because going in any less makes the pot odds worth continuing because it's such a small investment to potentially hit the flush.

you probably don't want to follow my advice, I'm fairly new to poker...but I personally would have done:preflop: limpflop: 1/2 to full pot bet - this makes it appealing that if someone made something (like the flush draw) they would continue on.turn: bet pot or check-raise all-inriver: bet 6x pot or check-raise all-in

there is no hand that can beat him, the worst he could get is someone with JT and a chopped pot - any flush draw would've been busted on the river. Only way he would lose is if he folded and I would have a hard time thinking he would fold the nuts.
I do not care what you say, open folding the river is the optimal play in this spot IMHO.But seriously, how could I be saying his nut hand is vulnerable after the river?
I do not care what you say, open folding the river is the optimal play in this spot IMHO.
well OBVIOUSLY we all know that, we're just speculating 2nd best action at this point.
But seriously, how could I be saying his nut hand is vulnerable after the river?
I don't know? maybe I misread something when I posted earlier...I'm fairly new to poker so please don't take anything I say as "worth doing". I'm merely giving my opinion in hopes of either being confirmed that it was right or shown that it was wrong and why that was the case.
25nl on ap, been at the table for like 45 mins. so far not very many big pots (pot average was like $2.5) how much should i be betting on the streets assuming im called all the way (i really need to work on my turn betting)Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($27.25)Hero ($27.80)BB ($13.65)UTG ($43.95)MP ($10.70)CO ($18.44)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :D , T :club: . UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.25) A :D , K :D , Q :D(5 players)Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $1, Button raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, CO folds, Button calls $4. im thinking that since there was no raise pf, his min raise really didnt scare me since the only hand that would have hit that flop hard was another J10. I was trying to think of a way to keep at least one more person in the hand. i figured that one of the 2 guys would call my raise to 6(was this the right amount to reraise?)i never know how much to bet on the flop in this situation, so i figured just under pot would be fine.Turn: ($14.25) 3 :)(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.i know this bet is way too small, afterwards i was thinking more like $9 or $10River: ($26.25) 9 :)(2 players)Hero bets $10, Button raises to $15, Hero calls $5.again i bet too small, i probably should have just put it all in here.Final Pot: $56.25Results in white below: Hero has Js Td (straight, ace high). Button doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $56.25. i think im just betting small because lately i have never been getting paid off and i feel like im due, but im guessing that i should be better more here (esp on the turn and river)
I like the flop raise but probably go bigger on the turn. He probably has Ace Rag of heart draw, so he is drawing dead or 4 to 1 so a bet that punishes him chasing is in order. Then on river he either missed flush and wont call or has commited with his Ace, so 3/4 pot size bet would be right.

Since there was no raise pre-flop it's going to be hard to get it all in which is clearly your goal on this flop. I like the flop pretty much as played. If you weren't as deep I might look to flat call the flop raise and then crai on a non heart turn but you're too deep to do that.Since the board is pretty draw heavy we want to bet as much as he'll possibly call on the turn. If he's on a naked flush draw he's calling nothing on a non-heart river. At least 10 on the turn though 12 is probably better. Villain can easily be drawing very much live here with something like QhJh. We want to bet enough on the turn that he'll be getting good enough odds to call on the river with Ax, or QhJh type hands when he misses.As played you can probably just shove the river. I don't see anything that can call 10 that can't call 15 which is still only a bit more than half pot.

That is bad.
You've worked your way down to three words per strategy post. If you don't mind using incomplete sentences, you could even shorten to "That bad" or "That good". Hell, just steal the "Pass-Fail" gimmick, copy them into a macro and you can two-button your way through every post!Oh, also, I have nothing to add to this hand since everyone else stated the obvious about your too-small turn bet.

thanks for all the replies guys, seems like i do need to bet more esp on the turn and river. just for some laughs, when he raised all in and i called on the river, he shows A7o (i quickly added him to my friends list)

thanks for all the replies guys, seems like i do need to bet more esp on the turn and river. just for some laughs, when he raised all in and i called on the river, he shows A7o (i quickly added him to my friends list)
The more you get in on the turn, the easier it is to get them all in on the river.