Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownMP3 ($25)Hero ($25)Button ($31.75)SB ($10)BB ($37.25)UTG ($19.55)UTG+1 ($12.35)MP1 ($9.75)MP2 ($42.10)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, Button calls $0.85, BB calls $0.75, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60.Flop: ($4.50) :D, :club:, :D(6 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $3, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.Final Pot: $4.50With this many opponents am I right to bet out this much on the flop with only an inside straight draw on the board? What should I have done?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownMP3 ($25)Hero ($25)Button ($31.75)SB ($10)BB ($37.25)UTG ($19.55)UTG+1 ($12.35)MP1 ($9.75)MP2 ($42.10)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, Button calls $0.85, BB calls $0.75, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60.Flop: ($4.50) :D, :club:, :D(6 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $3, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.Final Pot: $4.50With this many opponents am I right to bet out this much on the flop with only an inside straight draw on the board? What should I have done?
I hate checking sets. Nobody had any piece of this, or they surely would have called.

This is a pretty safe board, but it could still get dangerous by the turn. You have to bet. When you flop a set on a J high rainbow board, you can bet a bit less, $2-$2.50 so that maybe some A7 decides to call...but it probably only makes a small difference in this case.

If you were in EP, I'd just check this becuase you don't wanna show that much strength by betting into 5 people from OOP. Given that pretty much everyone has checked to you, I'd just make a bet that falls in line with your overall bet sizing. The hand is played fine.

If you were in EP, I'd just check this becuase you don't wanna show that much strength by betting into 5 people from OOP. Given that pretty much everyone has checked to you, I'd just make a bet that falls in line with your overall bet sizing. The hand is played fine.
If I was early position, I'd check here simply in the hopes of a c/r that traps at least 2 bets after me. Is that how you'd play it?
If I was early position, I'd check here simply in the hopes of a c/r that traps at least 2 bets after me. Is that how you'd play it?
Yeah. Betting out shows a lot of strength from EP against a large field. You're not really afraid of giving a free card, so you'd be better off checking and hoping that someone has somethign to take a stab with.

You definitely played the hand just fine. The pre-flop raise was adequate, and the flop bet is just about right depending on what your normal c-bet looks like in relation to the pot. What I'd really like to know is how loose the table is as a whole. Are they check calling a lot? Are any of those players likely to be checking hands like KJ and AJ in this position? I think there is a few things that go into this hand but most of the time your line is correct, and you just weren't going to get action here.

I lead it. You can't get action that isn't there.
also, if someone has something it'll be hard for them to put you on trips because many people would try to play it sneaky
I think the hand in General was played fine. Checking the flop could be tricky as many possible draws could develop on the turn. This was just a case you flopping a monster and no one else having cr#p.
I don't think you need to self-edit the word 'crap'.:club:
Couple creative, less profitable ways to play this hand -1. open shove2. go for the c/r all in3. Check call flop, open shove turn (my personal fav)ponder it...
These plays might be fine if hero was in ep and he had a read that someone would bet.