Main Event Final Table Airs Tonight

When I watched the final table live, I thought Phil Gordon was way too hard on Yang's play. He played crazy/aggressive, which is far superior to crazy/passive, especially when you're not the most skilled.Oh, and how ****ing slow can a guy play? They cut to the Unger tournament and the contrast was incredible. Good thing Chris Ferguson wasn't at this table, too.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blind structure seemed to look good to me. The players just choose to do all the betting preflop.
It was pretty darn good compared to a WPT FT.

My thoughts: Just another main event final table. i.e. lucky guy gets really lucky and wins a bunch of pots by moving all in preflop. Welcome to poker! Here's the hypocritical thing about praying aloud to God to help you at a poker table: First, you're asking God to favor you over the other players at the table. Not gonna happen. Second, if you're such a Christian, you should be selfless. Therefore, he should be rooting for everyone else! Again, not gonna happen. Third, it just looks bad. Real bad. On another point, Hevad Kahn is just annoying. I get that he is trying to loosen people up, and there's nothing wrong with that, but when 99% of people tell you that it annoys the hell out of them, stop. Please. One other point; I can't wait until next week for the "Players Championship," otherwise known as the $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. championship. Why call it the players championship? Are they going to be hitting 9-irons to an island green? No, call it the World Championship of H.O.R.S.E. Quick Fix!

Anybody else think that Ray should have kept his mouth shut with the KKs that got him busted? I know Jerry had a lot of chips in the pot but I thought it looked like he might have folded. If I had heard Ray, I would have called. Although maybe I'm giving Jerry too much credit on his abilities to read Ray.

Anybody else think that Ray should have kept his mouth shut with the KKs that busted him? I know Jerry had a lot of chips in the pot but I thought it looked like he might have folded. If I had heard Ray, I would have called. Although maybe I'm giving Jerry too much credit on his abilities to read Ray.
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking when watching the livestream back then. I don't think Jerry would've called if Ray hadn't started talking.
I disagree with the bolded part..and I have no idea what the last sentence means, but, I think I'd like to disagree with it.
My point was Rodman was a champion as much as John Paxson was,but completely different personas. I loved to watch both of them,though,and could never bring myself to hate Rodman even though.well,he was Dennis Rodman. Why is poker not supposed to be fun?
Seriously, they are PRAYING AT THE ****ING POKER TABLE.JESUS DOES NOT GIVE TWO MONKEY SHITS ABOUT JERRY YANG NOR HIS ENDEAVORS AT A WSOP MAIN EVENT FINAL TABLE.I really wish they made pocket nuclear warheads.[/quo Lee watkinsons gfriend screaming scriptures and Yang praying.. obv shouldve beeen a split pot
Anybody else think that Ray should have kept his mouth shut with the KKs that got him busted? I know Jerry had a lot of chips in the pot but I thought it looked like he might have folded. If I had heard Ray, I would have called. Although maybe I'm giving Jerry too much credit on his abilities to read Ray.
It was a pretty awful play all around. It doesn't work to wait until your opponent is pot-committed to bluff. I think he was just tired.
It was a pretty awful play all around. It doesn't work to wait until your opponent is pot-committed to bluff. I think he was just tired.
Remembering back to the live stream, Ray was on tilt from the QQ hand he lost to Lam. Ray started making some rediculous all-ins preflop and other steamy plays. I think the combination of tilt and a long tournament led to him getting locked in with KK.
I am all for people expressing their faith, but the poker table probably isn't the place. The cards are are lined up the way they are and god isn't going to reshuffle them.
That made me lol. I also think that Tuan Lams bust out hand was disgusting. He would of won if Yang didn't catch runner runner.
That made me lol. I also think that Tuan Lams bust out hand was disgusting. He would of won if Yang didn't catch runner runner.
And I would have won if Tuan Lam's stupid QQ didn't beat my K9. The nerve of the guy.
Remembering back to the live stream, Ray was on tilt from the QQ hand he lost to Lam. Ray started making some rediculous all-ins preflop and other steamy plays. I think the combination of tilt and a long tournament led to him getting locked in with KK.
Yeah, I completly agree.
It sucks that the final table...well..basically the main event itself has turned into a preflop game now. Nothing post flop. That's how Jerry Yang won.
Only player that made reasonable raises at that final table from 7 handed on down was Hevad Khan and he was knocked out in 6th and Kravchenko who never had many chips so a lot of his bets had to be shoves.Rahme opened all-in after steaming from his QQ loss 3-4 times for 25BB's or so. Yang made various raises, the least being 4.5x-5x and the most being 10x. Same went pretty much for everyone else...4x was the norm. 100k-200k and normal raise was 1M and at 150-300k, normal raise was 1.5M. Such sick preflop poker....to me, that's BORING, but to some, that's probably the only way they can play/want to play because it takes a lot of decision making out of it.A great player probably would have been frustrated at that FT, but feasted as chip leader.

I didn't think this years main event final table was exciting at all...hardly anyone took chances and played way to tight in my opinion....I agree that Jerry Yang's praying at the table was very annoying...I actually didn't like his demenor at all. I wasn't too impressed with his play...he bullied a lot when he had a hugh chip stack lead...and a few times he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I guess time will tell what kind of player Yang turns out to be. Does anyone know if he's followed the lead of past winners and turned pro full time?Ladi

I didn't think this years main event final table was exciting at all...hardly anyone took chances and played way to tight in my opinion....I agree that Jerry Yang's praying at the table was very annoying...I actually didn't like his demenor at all. I wasn't too impressed with his play...he bullied a lot when he had a hugh chip stack lead...and a few times he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I guess time will tell what kind of player Yang turns out to be. Does anyone know if he's followed the lead of past winners and turned pro full time?Ladi
All the poker pros are praying for this!

Am I the only one to think that the ESPN coverage really didn't give a good picture of the second half of the final table? We didn't see Kravchenko (who I thought would take it down after his last doubleup) ship millions of chips to Yang after repeatedly limping and folding to Yang's raises, we didn't see Rahme go on complete tilt after that QQ<AQ hand and pushing hand after hand (would love to see what he had there, still), generally it made the impression of Yang being run over by the deck while there was a huge pile of hands he took down we didn't see, and how they showed the HU, commentating that "Lam puts on the pressure early" after pushing the AQ after dozens of hands and one doubleup to get him back in the game could be a more blatant lie than every single one told at the whole WSOP, I for one really thought that Lam played horribly against Yang and would've loved to see the holecards from a couple hands headsup.

For a game that involves lying, deception, and gambling......there sure are a LOT of Jesus freaks who play. Asking Jesus/God to help you hit a card/hand hold up is almost like trying to get money from an insurance company. You know they are probably there, but they 'aint listening and you 'aint gonna see none of it.I remember watching this live and saying to myself, "I hope Jesus Christ himself goes down to Jerry and tells him, 'Hey, a*shole, does it look like I'm the one dealing and shuffling the cards? Pray to the dealer, not me. I have enough prayers to answer and your just going to have to get in line behind the Cubs and Indians fans like everyone else'."Although I will lol when one of those "Armageddon Preachers" you see on the corner handing out pamphlets in any of the major cities in America holds up a sign that says, "Jesus Christ is Coming! End of the World, One Time!"

This was possibly thee WORST Final Table ever. All this praying to God and Jesus made me wanna puke. "Please God, make your miracle happen!!" Cmon what the f.cuk was all this nonsense!! As for the QQ lay down, my brother I think said it best that maybe he should've just read Danneman's (sp?) list, have fun and if you lose oh well.Oh, and that KJ<J8 was just a horrible way to go out. I woulda kicked Jerry in his Yang so hard he definitely would've been praying for a miracle and wished he had taken that flight to Thailand.

Only player that made reasonable raises at that final table from 7 handed on down was Hevad Khan and he was knocked out in 6th and Kravchenko who never had many chips so a lot of his bets had to be shoves.Rahme opened all-in after steaming from his QQ loss 3-4 times for 25BB's or so. Yang made various raises, the least being 4.5x-5x and the most being 10x. Same went pretty much for everyone else...4x was the norm. 100k-200k and normal raise was 1M and at 150-300k, normal raise was 1.5M. Such sick preflop poker....to me, that's BORING, but to some, that's probably the only way they can play/want to play because it takes a lot of decision making out of it.A great player probably would have been frustrated at that FT, but feasted as chip leader.
Yeah I remember Rahme raising like he was Jerry Yang after going on tilt when watching it live...it was pretty funny. I really though Kravchenko could get to Yang but he still played too timid it seemed and didnt want to give anything away even after entering the pot for a raise.

I thought the Russian should of limp-jammed with AK from the SB there, but Jerry probably would of called anyways because he thought he was walking on water with how the deck was hitting him in the face.I am also suprised at how many players tried to play BIG pots with Jerry PF. He obv loves to call all-ins. I would of tried to small ball him to death, Kravchenko executed this perfectly in blind vs blind play for a while and worked his way from 9 million to 27 mil.

I'm not angry.I'm just annoyed at Jerry Yang and his preaching. If I was at the final table, and watched Yang call all in's with A 9 and J 8, i'd tell him to SHUT THE F UCK UP.I definitely wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut at that table.LOL. Plus he's getting lucky as f uck too.So gay.
That prayer stuff is insulting to anyone who has some measure of sprituality in them. It was a selfish, uncharitable display and a really warped take on what prayer should be for.