This is a straight forward question, so I apologize in advance if this is its 1000th iteration.When you play cash games, how many table buyins should your total bankroll be? Also, do you base the buyin amount by the minimum or maximum buyin ?

Just set a number you move up with and a number you move down with... stick to it. Make sure it is at least 5 buyins between move up and move down.. You will be all set.
So for example:If I have 20 buyins, move up when I have 40, and down If I go back down to 30?
So for example:If I have 20 buyins, move up when I have 40, and down If I go back down to 30?
Basically move up when you have X amount for the next level. So if you are playing 50 NL with 40 buy-ins, you would have 20 buy-ins for 100 NL. If you deem that number acceptable, then you move up. If you take a shot at 100 NL with 20 buy-ins and then drop 4 buy-ins, you would want to drop back down to 50 NL until you get back to 20 buy-ins for 100 NL. Myself, I prefer 25-30 buy-ins to feel comfortable.
Basically move up when you have X amount for the next level. So if you are playing 50 NL with 40 buy-ins, you would have 20 buy-ins for 100 NL. If you deem that number acceptable, then you move up. If you take a shot at 100 NL with 20 buy-ins and then drop 4 buy-ins, you would want to drop back down to 50 NL until you get back to 20 buy-ins for 100 NL. Myself, I prefer 25-30 buy-ins to feel comfortable.
Ah I see, makes sense.Thanks Guys :club::D :D

i personally think you need 50 buy ins to play optimally in NL, especially when you get to higher games where the games are more aggro and the swings are larger. I remember when I went on a 15 buy in downswing 4 or 5 months ago at 2 4 NL and was so glad I had around 90 buy ins. Downswings are quite real and harsh, so if you play with 10 to 30, be prepared for a possible nosedive in your bankroll.

Get a job at Pizza Hut and don't worry about a BR, just go into your tip money every couple of days. When you make a certain round number, withdraw (or cash out if you are playing live). Put that money in your bank account and seldom go back to it except for emergencies. Rinse and Repeat. GL.($\/\/)

The less people at your table and the higher the stakes, the larger you bankroll should be (relative to the stakes played).Full ring 10nl has a lower bankroll requirement than 600nl hu.