*** Official Portland Trailblazer's Team Thread ***

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sacramento!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Go Warriors, too)No way Portland ends up 5th... Even if the Blazers blow their 20pt lead to the Thunder, all it means is the *Nuggets* have nothing to play for in Portland and start 5 stiffs for the final game.. No real biggy. Too bad the Hornets didn't show up against Houston tonight.. sigh...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sacramento!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Go Warriors, too)No way Portland ends up 5th... Even if the Blazers blow their 20pt lead to the Thunder, all it means is the *Nuggets* have nothing to play for in Portland and start 5 stiffs for the final game.. No real biggy. Too bad the Hornets didn't show up against Houston tonight.. sigh...
not sure what you meant by this...if blazers lost today they couldve easily finished 5th with spurs winning their last game vs hornets...and denver hasn't locked the 2 seed yet...rockets can get 2nd with a win in dallas + a nuggets loss to your blazers.(btw, blazers can still get 5th)(if i misread or misunderstood youre post, my bad.)here are 3 scenarios...the 1st one is what im rooting for(as a laker fan) the 2nd one is the one most likely to happen in my opinion..and the 3rd one is the worst scenario for blazers(easily can happen):i wanted to do every single scenario but that would take too long...(div winners in bold)rooting formavs>rockets...hornets>spurs...blazers>nuggets =2...nuggets3...blazers4...rockets5...spursmost likely to happen imomavs>rockets...spurs>hornets...blazers>nuggets=2...nuggets3...spurs4...blazers5...rocketsnightmare for blazersmavs>rockets...spurs>hornets...nuggets>blazers=2...nuggets3...spurs4...rockets5...blazersand if the rockets beat the mavs in scenario 3 you guys still get 5th...spurs would end up 4th...the way the hornets have been playing lately, i dont see them winning in san antonio...basiclly...if you guys dont beat denver, you guys are going to end up 5th imo. (cuz i dont see spurs losing to hornets at home)

Hi,Cappy, are you going to try to get playoff tickets? I only bought the 8-game ticket package this season ( i obv dont have season tix) so Im not elegable for playoff tix unless i camp out. I read on oregonlive that only 1000 tix are going to be available to the public.I just read the thread from Jan til now, my how times and the team has changed.cappy, i think Blake is alot better than you give him credit for. He hits tons of needed shots. he breaks the other teams 7-0 runs, 11-0 runs constantly with a 3. Also, he runs the team really well.Also, I was readying your trade talk. Im not sure if you wanted us to get Vince, but that would have been the worst thing that could have happened, like ever, for us. He is an ego-driven bully in the locker room (thats whats said/written about him anyway) and we have such good chemistry now. Also, Joel is a beast. Leading rebounder per48min in the league ftw.Not sure how many of you are doubting the Oden pick also, but I remember lots of centers that came into the league and looked about like he does now. Then in their 2nd/3rd season the light finally goes on in their head and they dominate. Just wait for Oden, he will come around. At least he isnt doing the nickle and dime fouls as much now.

ZOMG, just got offered playoff tickets to Saturday's game (if they get home court) 8 rows behind Paul Allen and right where the Blazers come out of the tunnel from the locker room. $120 a piece. Pls pls pls get home court blazers.Edit: For people not from Portland, getting playoff tix is like getting tix to the superbowl when there is only 1000 available to the non-season ticket holder fan.

For a better understanding...Ok so pretty awesome sweat for me tonight...If Portland wins tonight vs Denver the Blazers get home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs, which means there will be a playoff game saturday. My wife and I just got offered tickets for $120 each that are directly behind the owner of the team, Paul Allen (he sits courtside). But, if Portland doesnt win tonight, that means no playoff game happens Saturday in Portland, which means we cant go to any playoff games the first round because we will be in AZ all next week. What a super sweat tonights game is.And fyi to those who dont live here. There is ~20k seats in the Blazer arena. Less than 1k are available to the general public, they go to season ticket holders who bought them all. Also, even season ticket holders arent getting their normal seats, some of them are getting bumped up to nosebleed seats due to various reasons. So getting these seats would be so ****in awesome.The NBA playoffs in Portland is obv a huge deal.So...Brag: See aboveBeat: have to wake up the next day at 4am to catch a 6am flight.Variace: there could not be a game on Saturday.COME ON ONE TIME!!

Wow, mh, good luck on those playoff tix. I'm not hard on Blake because he can't shoot/hit the occasional big shot (he certainly can), I'm hard on Blake because we get... TORCHED.. by anyone with a competent point guard. I think over the course of the playoffs, if we are consistently playing the nuggets/jazz/hornets/spurs... We'd be a lot better off doing the ol' "Pippen Trick" of sliding Broy to the one and playing Fernandez and Outlaw at the 2-3.. Against the Nuggets and Hornets it's not so bad, since Roy usually guards Paul/Billups anyways, but by having the bigger backcourt, you take away a lot of the Pick and Roll deadliness, since swapping Roy for Outlaw on a screen doesn't gain you as much/etc...As for the whole playoff scenario... The Spurs got unbelievably lucky down the stretch. I mean, the one thing no one talked about in the Kings game was Kevin Martin wasn't even playing (!). The Warriors completely rolled over.. And we all saw how many chances the Hornets had in the season finale. Amusingly enough it;s the Rockets that actually effed us..If the Rockets win (which I never would have thought to root for), we would have had homecourt against the Spurs.. Instead the Rockets blow a game to the Mavs and end up 5th, while the Spurs gear up to be the upset special in the first round with the 3rd seed.I'm no longer afraid of Houston. Hell, I'm not afraid of anybody.. We rocked a 6-0 close to the season.. Was one of 5 teams in the league to beat opponents by 5.0 ppg margin of victory... Finished 20-21 on the road.. 34-7 at home...I mean, outside of the Cavs (who almost beat the sixers using Daniel Gibson and 4 lucky fans from the first row) who is hotter in the NBA right now? Odej's our biggest playoff X-Factor, for the same reason Aldridge is the 2nd biggest X-Factor.. The "Swallow the Whistle" style of playoff officiating works hugely in Oden's Favor.. As he's going to rack up less ticky tack fouls and may stay on the court long enough to make a difference (someoee quote this so I can be reminded of how retarded i am for propping up Odenwakandi down the road here..)But on the flip side, Alridge and Roy are going to get grabbed and pushed and shoved like no one's businesss... so it'll be key to see how they react as well.. The Nugget game was a nice barometer, since the Nuggets played everyone the full game and took about 4315151 dirty, hard cheap shots at evey possible moment. Not only did we beat Denver anyways, we blew the doors off of them on ESPN, which was an awesome end to the season. We hit something like 13-22 3 pointers, is the only caveat, but regardless it's a good sign going into Houston. Bring it on, gonna be a great post season.

I got roasted on 4bb for proping the blazers cappy, where's my back-up?!?! too many laker fans on there.nice write and i agree with everything.
yeah, but you'll get roasted more for talking about Basketball than the blazers in particular. I don't do much challenge thread reading/posting either way, but I'll catch up from work tomorrow and try and chime in.

If Oden can stay healthy enough to provide 10-10 and 1.5 blocks I feel like the Blazers can cause lots of noise. If Rudy and Outlaw hold strong WATCH OUT. this team is going to be sick over the next 2-3 years.

Scary thought.. The one Blazer with actual high-pressure, national-spotlight playoff big game experience is....ummm....Oden.Lol... Kill me now..Portland is starting slow tonight, for about the 234th straight game in a row.. Down 11 after a quarter.We're lulling them into a false sense of security. Yeah, that's the ticket!Yup, this series is going to go 7 games *if* Houston gets anything of note from their bench. I have that gut feeling.

I may be overreacting, but this doesn't seem to be going so well so far....Whatever Nate changed up at half has made this 10x worse.. I've never seen Yao have a game like this, even on NBA Live '08.

I may be overreacting, but this doesn't seem to be going so well so far....Whatever Nate changed up at half has made this 10x worse.. I've never seen Yao have a game like this, even on NBA Live '08.
How do you think Tracy McGrady feels?
How do you think Tracy McGrady feels?
Tracy would tank just so he wouldn't have to get torched by Kobe in Round 2.
Next game they might want to try stepping back a foot and get 3 points for their shots instead of taking 22-foot 2-pt jumpers all night.
Well, without any real inside presence (LA does most of his damage on the high block and Oden averages about 3 minutes a night), Houston can just sit in a zone and laugh as Portland launches from 22-24 ft.Brandon Roy showed up tonight. No one else (besides arguably Pryzbilla) did. I was afraid of that and hope the jitters don't carry on into game 2.. Series is still up for grabs.. Houston ain't sweeping at home either. :club:
Down 30 at home - wtf?
Portland's a dynamic team that wins by the sum of it's parts...Outlaw... Oden... Fernandez.. Blake... Batum... Aldridge... Pryzbilla.. Rodriguez...You get B to B+ efforts out of the supporting cast, it's almost impossible to beat Portland..If all those guys give you a collective D-.. Portland can lose by 30. And if Portland gets cold from the outside, teams can play off the spotters and sit back in pseudo-zones and it can go downhill in a hurry.. Tonight was exhibit A. It shouldn't happen again. Houston is a very good defensive team, and they rose to the challenge. 3/4 of the Blazer lineup was playing their first post-season game. Now the pressure should be off significantly (I hope).

Put up or shut up time.rumor has it they are actually entertaining the idea of (gasp!) fronting Yao instead of playing a 7'6 sharpshooter face up..C'mon Blazers!

Yes. I hope they can get a tough series under their belts so they can get to the point where they can challenge the Lakers down the road. Could be some great series' ahead of us.
lol dude, you are totally jekyl and hyde these days.Weird, weird game tonight.. Thank God for Stafford, because if it was Violet Palmer instead filling out the zebra trio, the Blazers would have lost by 30 again, no fuggin joke.I'm not the ref-whiner type, but I think both Houston and Portland fans can agree there has been 0 consistency in how the games are being called... I mean Yao goes entire quarters auditioning for the TV Movie role of Hacksaw Jim Duggan with impunity, then a quarter later he gets two quick whistles just for being in the same zip code as Brandon Roy. It's pathetic.Von Wafer is literally grabbing the ball and doing his "Han Solo in Episode 4 screaming and charging the Storm Troopers" impression.. I mean he just grabs the balls and charges directly toward the basket.. not even bothering to dribble or shoot or do whateverthe****.. Just sprinters into a glut of bodies and is like 10/10 in the series getting bailed out with no rea shot attempt/passoff/etc.. just leave your feet , lunge into people and go to the line.. Plus that haircut is aweful.. he should be giving up a freethrow tech a game just for sporting that 'do in public.Luis Scola is the tall, greasy haired mullet guy who looks like Tony Montanya's Consierge. When he mauls someone, the fouls should go to *him* not Shane Battier or whatever schlub 5th man the Rockets have staring at the play from the top of the key. Please.. it's getting embarrassing. Really enbarrassing.. Most of this shit evens out, but when my "Are we the Red Team" fiancee is pointing this stuff out, it makes it *that* much harder to sell her on the NBA as a form of sports entertainment even more legit than Pro Wrestling.On the plus side, my 2 yr old has almost perfected saying "Donkey" and "Zebra". So that's something.As for the actual game.. umm...Brandon Roy is good.Travis fiiiiinally showed up in 2 extremely key important spots. Hope his engine is now revved for the *real* series in Houston.LA did fine, just like he did the other 3 times against Houston. He's passing out of that double team like a champ.Steve...blake...is...still...too...slow....to....guard.....anyone...the....rockets....trot...out....there....Just make Roy/Fernandez/Outlaw the back court already.. You have Blake and Batum to spot off the Bench. (or Blake/Outlaw depending).. I see they are breaking serve by trotting Oden and Przbilla out there at the same time.It's *really* nice to see Oden holding his own (not that he has, really.. of course he hasn't).. But just those random moments where for the first time in my life I'm watching a Blazer big man who is aggressive in the paint and putting someone in a visiting jersey in even THE HINT OF foul trouble... I mean, that's sooo special to me, you have no idea. Seriously, good job Greg. You got a ways to go, but you put in a solid effort tonight and for most of it I really enjoyed what I saw.The Rockets are doing a killer job of making sure Rudy Fernandez gets *no* open looks whatsoever.Roy is really good.. I mean.. He could have hit 50 easy if the refs actually gave him any form of the superstar calls.. He was getting thwacked all night without whistles. I hope he still has something in the tank by the time this series gets to game 6/7...Honestly I'm just more glad I won't have to listen to doomsday BS on the local sportradio for the NEXT 3 days more than anything.. Lol..Portland and Houston are gonna play 6-7 insanely close, rough, physical, back and forth games. And it's gonna be a dang coinflip every night from here on out. And anyone in Houston who things the Rockets are gonna Sweep their Home games without a fight is clearly delusional. :club:
Considering game 7 would be like 2 weeks from now, I think he will have plenty of energy.
lol touche, touche...
It's playoff time. I'm filled with emotions I can't control.
We all are. The difference is you're probably 3 weeks away from needing to care in the least about anything.. It's ground zero for me already. I'm on LFT right now because I got called in to spin on Friday, so I'm gonna miss the game entirely. blehhhhh

It's a damn shame we won't be able to play competitive basketball in Houston and steal back home court. Thank god I have to national sports media to make that clear for me. You know, since the Rockets are such an incredible basketball team and all and the Blazers are too young.

It's a damn shame we won't be able to play competitive basketball in Houston and steal back home court. Thank god I have to national sports media to make that clear for me. You know, since the Rockets are such an incredible basketball team and all and the Blazers are too young.
I had fun this morning reading Simmons article about what was going to happen in game 3 of the Bulls/Celtics series and having him be pretty much wrong on every possible level.