*** Official Portland Trailblazer's Team Thread ***

Wouldn't work that way.. since we are same division, either Den or Portland is guaranteed a top 3 seed..And I would assume you'd rather play New Orleans than Portland, if you cared in the first place (doubt it matters).It's weird.. every year Houston gets out to a great start.. has some horrendous season ending injuries... and they still make the playoffs in a strong conference with a skeleton crew. Looks like it's gonna happen again.I seriously have no clue who the odd team out is going to be anymore.. At the start of the year it was obviously Dallas.. Then it was apparent it was gonna be the Suns. Then the Hornets looked dead in the water. And the whole way Utah was probably the overall favorite. And now it's the Rockets missing vital pieces in Tmac and their *incredibly zomgwtfbbq valuable* point guard Rafer Alston...In the meantime, there's teams in the East with 31+ losses that have meritable chances of making the playoffs.. le sigh.I think I'm just going to give Rafer the nickname "Scud" from now on, since it seems to take me 3 tries to correctly type his name out for some reason.'
Either I forgot they changed the seeding rules a couple years ago or you did. I think the 3 div winners are only guaranteed a top 4, so if NO for example finishes 2nd in their div but has the 3rd best overall record, they get the 3 seed, and if Denver and Portland finish with the 4th and 5th best records they get the 4 and 5 seed. But let's say Portland wins their division with the 7th best record, they get the 4th seed, not the 3rd seed.I have no idea who isn't going to make it either. I do think Phoenix will get in though despite Amare being out, and I really don't want the Lakers to play them in the 1st rd.
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would walk over glass to get to play the lakers in the 2nd round.. total free roll for Portland: Put the fear of god into LA, w/ a chance to pull of a sweet upset.That said, nice 3 game home series sweep this week by Portland. Was especially excited to see us beat Atlanta pretty handily..This week road trip against the west starting in Houston. Will Oden be available to take on Yao? Yeah, I'm totally on the edge of my seat...

Oden was cleared to play against San Antonio by team doctors and still sat out.Thanks, Greg.. From here on in this thread I will be referring to our #1 Draft Pick as:Greg Odewakani.A Kandi Man for the new millenium.-------------------------------------------------While I am enjoying the local media *finally* beginning to ponder whether Oden is anything more than a distraction to our actual talented, dedicated roster..I'm saddened by the fact that we could have had Durant... And as the last week shook out.. I'm pretty convinced we could would have been able to put together a package that would have landed Amare Stoudamire.BlakeRoyDurantAldridgeStoudamire.Le sigh.And yeah, as a fan of Portland, it was pretty f*cking embarrassing to get our asses handed to us by a Spurs team sitting Duncan and Ginobili.. ugh.

Wow they almost blew that game. I was on the phone for that last possession so maybe I'm wrong but I didn't see a whole lot of contact on that Roy foul??
I only listened on the radio on my way home from work.So I couldn't tell you.. I can tell you Steve Blake got exposed badly by TJ Ford.Just glad the Blazers won. We're within a half game of Denver for the Division lead.. And we play them next!
Cappy do yourself a favor and don't read Simmon's latest mailbag column.
lolDoes Cappy think drafting Oden was a mistake? I CAN’T TELL.
lolDoes Cappy think drafting Oden was a mistake? I CAN’T TELL.
It goes much deeper than Oden, he gives the Blazers an award for making 5 of the dumbest moves of any franchise in a 25 year span or something to that effect. I'm pretty sure he stole the material directly from Cappy.

Kinda amusing.. I catch myself all the time adopting his opinions on certain things.. Rare for the opposite to be true.Simmons is 100% right, btw.At least I can take solace that we blew out Minnesota eeked out Minny by two at home.I'm really starting to second guess Pritchard at this point (no matter how good a job he's done). Roy is simply getting ZERO help out there and we desperately need someone else to step up and score some points on a *night by night* basis.

I'm praying that League Pass carries the LA broadcast so I don't have to listen to the god awful Blazers announcers.
Haha.. The Blazers are blessed with the best Radio Announcer in NBA History: Brian Wheeler. You can tell how the Blazers are doing tuning in mid-broadcast just based on his voice inntonations.. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve, it's phenomal. He'll completely get after the refs too, which can be hilarious.Our tv guys are pretty meh run-of-the-mill homers, i'll grant you that. But Wheels on the radio is quite the experience.
Haha.. The Blazers are blessed with the best Radio Announcer in NBA History: Brian Wheeler. You can tell how the Blazers are doing tuning in mid-broadcast just based on his voice inntonations.. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve, it's phenomal. He'll completely get after the refs too, which can be hilarious.Our tv guys are pretty meh run-of-the-mill homers, i'll grant you that. But Wheels on the radio is quite the experience.
Except I'm pretty certain that if given the opportunity to get away with it they would lynch Kobe and go Jeff Gillooly on PJ just so they could see him struggling in a wheelchair during games.
After Odom almost picked up a foul, "he's going to have to pull a knife to get his fourth."
Lol. yeah our announcers never hide their feelings for sure.Tonights game was pretty meh. I think LA looked a lot like Portland does when teams key on Roy and no one else steps up. Kobe got constant pressure, 0 help from the refs, and no one else (except Pau briefly) was able to get any momentum going whatsoever. LA didn't look like the better rested team.Kobe didn't get to the foul line until the 4tth quarter *and* was in foul trouble at times. Weird.Ariza didn't even come close to the "ball" on that Fernandez Flagrant 2 takedown. I'm objective enough to know Ariza was simply making sure Fernandez didn't make the basket for an "and 1" situation, but that looked far more egregious than it actually was. Stupid, stupid play on Ariza's part (from a safety standpoint) but I do agree he had the right intentions but a rookie mentality/body that put Fernandez flat on his back.Hope he's ok, Portland doesn't have a ton of options at the 2 guard. I'd be willing to wager a dollar that Fernandez is back on the court sooner than Greg Odenwakandi. And I doubt anyone will take that bet.
Lol. yeah our announcers never hide their feelings for sure.Tonights game was pretty meh. I think LA looked a lot like Portland does when teams key on Roy and no one else steps up. Kobe got constant pressure, 0 help from the refs, and no one else (except Pau briefly) was able to get any momentum going whatsoever. LA didn't look like the better rested team.Kobe didn't get to the foul line until the 4tth quarter *and* was in foul trouble at times. Weird.Ariza didn't even come close to the "ball" on that Fernandez Flagrant 2 takedown. I'm objective enough to know Ariza was simply making sure Fernandez didn't make the basket for an "and 1" situation, but that looked far more egregious than it actually was. Stupid, stupid play on Ariza's part (from a safety standpoint) but I do agree he had the right intentions but a rookie mentality/body that put Fernandez flat on his back.Hope he's ok, Portland doesn't have a ton of options at the 2 guard. I'd be willing to wager a dollar that Fernandez is back on the court sooner than Greg Odenwakandi. And I doubt anyone will take that bet.
Ariza hit the ball, he just hit his head first and followed through on his arm.

The problem wasn't that he hit his head, it was that he had a big wind up and followed through all the way down. If he had just hit him in the head, it's not even a flagrant 1. Plus it was a full-speed breakaway.Cappy, try to get through one Blazer post without saying something bad about Oden.

I hope you love the suspension the league is about to hit him with.
i will love it. in fact, if i owned the lakers, i'd pay his fine. just to make sure he knew i approved.
wrongeven stu jackson laker hater knew he was going for the ball
I know he was going for the ball, doesn't mean that he should have even tried that play when Fernandez was defenseless in the air.