*** Official Portland Trailblazer's Team Thread ***

I'm with Cappy on this one. Portland was trying to protect their own interests, not trying to hurt Miles. If the league ruled that they would get cap relief even if Miles signed with someone else, do you really think they'd still try to keep teams from signing him? This was obviously all about Portland's cap space.
Well yeah, this was about the cap space. But they had to know the effect this would have on Miles. And in knowing that, they shouldnt have done what they done in the way they done it. I just find it incredibly stupid and irresponsible.
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously we disagree. And even if they inadvertantly helped Miles, their intent was obviously malicious and designed to hurt him.
Well yeah, this was about the cap space. But they had to know the effect this would have on Miles. And in knowing that, they shouldnt have done what they done in the way they done it. I just find it incredibly stupid and irresponsible.
I'll drink to that. I support 100% Portlands intent in the e-mail/grievance, but disagree 100% with how it was worded/came across. The email looked like an internal memo from Paul Allen... What the hell are they paying PR guys for? This organization has done everything right for the past 3 years. This was a step backwards. We'll be ok, even p*ssing that money away to Miles. The NBA needs some sort of "alimony" clause, where a team signing an idiot with a huuuuge contract needs to take on at least 15% of it to show they are serious in their intentions.If memphis ponied up $1.5 to 2 million bucks, I'd feel better (in spirit) about this whole thing.

On a side note, Portland got absolutely demolished tonight in Philly.. was 39-15 at one point. and we never recovered. Listened to it on the radio (drive home from work) and you could hear the basketball bounce.It was *that* dead in Philly... *up by 24*... Against a Western Conference contender. I got more crowd noise walking in my front door after a long day at work. What the hell is going on in Philly right now? That was embarrassing.As for the Blazers, Travis Outlaw fell down to earth, Bayless couldn't run the offense at all and was ice cold from the perimeter to boot. Positives : Greg Oden, while ineffective, didn't get into major foul trouble. Brandon Roy rebounded nicely from Monday's dismal night to carry the team in the 3rd quarter back into contention.But yeah, just an *ugh* night. And I had serious delusions of going 4-0 on this road trip... Bah..Funny side note: after the Bulls game, the Blazer team bus didn't start.. Players had to wait for over an hour until they managed to jump it and get it started. They even had 15 taxi cabs (to get the players to the airport) on the way before they finally got the bus going. Portland didn't reach Philly until 4am on Tuesday. Blame the Bus!

What the hell is going on in Philly right now? That was embarrassing.
Philly fans are just shitheads from what I understand. They dont apreciate what they have. They'll probably boo McNabb at next years opener if they lose on Sunday.
Philly fans are just shitheads from what I understand. They dont apreciate what they have. They'll probably boo McNabb at next years opener if they lose on Sunday.
They will be booing if they aren't up at halftime.
Miles did score 13 the other night. I didnt see it, so I cant say how he got them. But 13 is pretty decent, all things considered.
Yeah I saw that. I'd like to see him do it again, because he looked positively terrible his first two times on the court.
They will be booing if they aren't up at halftime.
On a funny note, I'm watching the Blazer game right now (in New Jersey) on League Pass, and wow @ the arena shots: I swear someone pulled a fire alarm or something. It's like a WNBA crowd. Freakin' embarrassing.
On a funny note, I'm watching the Blazer game right now (in New Jersey) on League Pass, and wow @ the arena shots: I swear someone pulled a fire alarm or something. It's like a WNBA crowd. Freakin' embarrassing.
I've always thought New Jersey was the most depressing place to watch a game. Their arena, the lighting, and the fans are all abysmal. Even the color of the seats are really ugly.

Yeah, it just saddens me that some of these teams (who are actually really solid on the court) can't draw flies.Looks like Blake is out 7-10 days.Bayless followed his 1-11 night in a Philly with a career high 23 (11 for 11 from the stripe). Which one is the real Bayless?It's not going to matter unless Sergio really steps it up, because putting in subpar games on the offensive end doesnt help much since we give up so much on the defensive end with him in the game.I heard something from Jason Quick (beatwriter) that summed up this team perfectly: You can generally expect what you get from Roy and (now) Aldridge. The whole rest of the team is a complete grab bag night in and night out. Pryzbilla, Blake, Outlaw, Fernandez, Sergio, Batum, Bayless... You simply have no idea what you are getting night in and night out from this cast.It's frustrating, and I think it may be time to sniff around during the trade deadline and see what we can land to help out on a more consistent basis. Just because Roy is a born leader doesnt mean we should look the other way if a solid vet (potentially a supahstah?) becomes available. At any rate, I feel a lot better about us making the plaoffs as this point.

Greg Oden had 24 points and 15 boards. Never got into foul trouble and made a huge difference in.. (gulp) crunch time...gather up the canned goods, lock up the kids, and head to the basement.. I fear locusts and horsemen are in our near future.

Greg Oden had 24 points and 15 boards. Never got into foul trouble and made a huge difference in.. (gulp) crunch time...gather up the canned goods, lock up the kids, and head to the basement.. I fear locusts and horsemen are in our near future.
Hahahaha.
How is Przybilla always so tan?
Nate told him to work on his "Shake N' Bake", but Joel misheard him...On a serious note.. I'm not that bummed that Roy got snubbed for the All Star Team.. I am bummed that he didn't make one of the 5 "Snubbed?" choices on Sportcenter... He's not even getting respect for not getting respect!big stretch for Portland coming up. We need to rebound from Mo Williams catching *fire* in what was a very winnable game.We got Wiz at home, Clips at Staples, Bobcats at home.. and Jazz at home. It's time to turn this around.Also very excited for this trade deadline. We really need to move Channing Frye and Sergio... And we have Raef Lafrentz's expiring contract.. With Miles now officially on our books, we really need to look into using Raef's contract to take a shot at a real SF or PG. It's our only chance to bring someone in for the next couple years, now that we're cap strung.
The Blazers have the worst FT Defense in the league. Teams shoot 81% against them from the line. They should clean that up.
With Greg Oden on the court, they get too much practice.. That's my only real defense to that.. Plus the fact that we really haven't faced much of the bottom tier of the league.. We *still* have yet to play OKC, and they are in our friggin' DIVISION. A more educated response = our Point guards are Steve Blake, Sergio, and Jerrad Bayless... None plays much D.. All tend to foul.. Opposing Point guards generally have a muuuch higher FT percentage.Oden... Pryzbilla... Aldridge.. Outlaw... Frye...Skip the first, Pryz and Aldridge are both good defenders who alter shots without hacking... Outlaw and Frye play little to no D (on their OWN man).. Result? Blazer foul the opposing Point Guards/2 guards a TON.... And foul the opposing big men rarely...So naturally our opponents shoot a high %. There are few teams in the league more succeptable to an opposing star PG/combo guard who can get to the line... Guys like Chris Paul, DWill, Parker, and Wade can get to the line at will against us, where they shoot lights out.. It's a bad situation.

Beat the Clippers handily. Nice to see Roy *finally* look healthy again.Big test this week with a revenge game against Charlotte and a division game against Utah coming up.Be nice to put a nice streak together before the All Star Break.

Lamarcus Aldridge is finally looking like he's ready to take his game to the next level. This bodes well for us.Roy put in another solid night, and Oden had 14 and 14. For some strange reason Blake sat out tonight after playing in Staple against the clips. Maybe he's not back all the way like we thought.At any rate, being 28-17 is friggin awesome...Our next stretch has games against the Jazz, Hornets, and Mavericks...Then a couple freebies in OKC and at home against the Knicks.I'd willingly take 3-2 in that stretch, esp considering the NO and DAL games are on the road.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.Down 20 on the road with 2:41 left in the third quarter..Blazers outscore the Hornets 47-19 the rest of the way and cruise to take over 4th in the West.Granted, Chris Paul left the game late in the 3rd with an injury, but B-Roy only made 2 baskets the whole night.NO looks lost without Paul in the driver's seat.Close the polls, Jerrad Bayless is likely your Portland Starting point guard the rest of the year. If he isn't starting, he's guaranteed 25 minutes a night, either way.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ladies and Gentleman, your All-Star Break Blazer Tribute show!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In honor of Portland's 'Silent Killer", Joel PryzbillaFor Rudy and T-Outlaw.. Pure Energy off the Blazer BenchFor Lamarcus Aldridge, the Rock!For Steve Blake, the assassain who makes us believe (with some exercise and training) that could be us out there
So the Blazers got lucky with their game against New Orleans.. With Chris Paul out for NO the Blazers started a run take away the game...
Yeah, we got lucky to outscore a team 47-19 in the last 14 minutes of a game. We got lucky to do it on the road. We got lucky that the majority of those points came from the "oh so dependable" (hint: he's not) 6th man Travis Outlaw and our rookie 3rd string point guard (Who defended Chris Paul remarkably well for someone so green). We got lucky our star made two baskets the entire game. We got lucky that Aldridge hit shot after shot when it mattered from outside, while West couldn't figure out how to put a ball in a basket when it wasn't handed to him with an open lane. We got lucky that the arena was a ghost town *before* the stragglers hit the exits thinking the game was over in the 4th quarter.The real question is this: How will NO react without Paul? If us thrashing you mercilessly was any indicator, NO is in real trouble without Paul. Guys like Peja and West really rely on his playmaking abilities, and Daniels definitely poved last night he's not going to fill CP3's shoes in the least. Pro-rated over 48 minutes, the Blazers beat a Paul-less Hornet team 165-69.
Cappy, have I mentioned I love you?
I just hope someone in the laker thread steps up and does their own youtube midway tribute. That was fun. :club:
Don't count on it, we're not in the best of spirits right now even despite Kobe's best efforts to lift them.
Oh, you guys will be fine.. That's the reason "The regular season doesn't matter" is such a line of crock: you guys busted your tailed and built a huge lead exactly for this scenario. You'll still go into the playoffs with at least 1 or 2 home games, and you'll still be the odds on favorite to win it.Be thankful you have Odom to step up and answer the bell. Imagine needing Vladamir to step up as an honest-to-god big man.. ick.. It could be far, far worse.
Be thankful you have Odom to step up and answer the bell. Imagine needing Vladamir to step up as an honest-to-god big man.. ick.. It could be far, far worse.
Yea thankful until crunch time. The man cannot be trusted when the game is on the line, at both ends.