*** Official Portland Trailblazer's Team Thread ***

steve blake was the leading scorer last night and we won, somehow someone is stepping up big for us every night it really is pretty cool to see( well i guess just look at the stat sheets since they are never on tv)

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve blake was the leading scorer last night and we won, somehow someone is stepping up big for us every night it really is pretty cool to see( well i guess just look at the stat sheets since they are never on tv)
Costly win, though... Blake got hurt and so did Roy. Neither seem like serious injuries, but never a fun thing to worry about. Joel Pryzbilla was active on both ends, that was the most impressive part of the evening, imo, even if it barely shows up in the stats column. It's kinda a Jekyl and Hyde thing, though, because Frye and Pryzbilla never seem to bring it on the same night.
good game Portland. I was hoping my Warriors could stop you, but no. Gee Gee
Yeah, not Jackson's best showing, for sure. Portland played their A+ game last night, not much GS could have done even if they were on the ball. Looks like we're gonna be duking it out with you guys for playoff positioning. Outside of Portland, Boston, and Detroit, GS is the hottest team in the league right now after that slow start.How much you guys missing Richardson right now? Monta seems pretty up-and-down.
Costly win, though... Blake got hurt and so did Roy. Neither seem like serious injuries, but never a fun thing to worry about. Joel Pryzbilla was active on both ends, that was the most impressive part of the evening, imo, even if it barely shows up in the stats column. It's kinda a Jekyl and Hyde thing, though, because Frye and Pryzbilla never seem to bring it on the same night.Yeah, not Jackson's best showing, for sure. Portland played their A+ game last night, not much GS could have done even if they were on the ball. Looks like we're gonna be duking it out with you guys for playoff positioning. Outside of Portland, Boston, and Detroit, GS is the hottest team in the league right now after that slow start.How much you guys missing Richardson right now? Monta seems pretty up-and-down.
Monta is awesome, but he has a pretty bad hand injury so he isn't 100%. I do miss Jrich, but the dude we traded for (forgot his name) is gonna be pretty sick in 2-3 years.
Monta is awesome, but he has a pretty bad hand injury so he isn't 100%. I do miss Jrich, but the dude we traded for (forgot his name) is gonna be pretty sick in 2-3 years.
Brandon Wright. Yeah. The guy on your roster that intrigues me the most is actually Pietrus. Anybody that good on D is a 3 point shot away from 10 years in the league as a Bruce Bowen-prototype. Azubuike was a monster at Kentucky, too. He was an absolute steal.It isn't Run TMC, but it's great to see you guys playoff-ready in back to back years for the first time since the UTEP 2-step was a main weapon in the Warrior arsenal. :club:
Brandon Wright. Yeah. The guy on your roster that intrigues me the most is actually Pietrus. Anybody that good on D is a 3 point shot away from 10 years in the league as a Bruce Bowen-prototype. Azubuike was a monster at Kentucky, too. He was an absolute steal.It isn't Run TMC, but it's great to see you guys playoff-ready in back to back years for the first time since the UTEP 2-step was a main weapon in the Warrior arsenal. :club:
I wish Pietrus would be more consistent. Last year he had an awesome regular season and just stunk against the Jazz and Mavs. Azubuike is a beast, but Monte is probably my favorite. I watch every Warrior game when I can, and he is a beast.
  • 2 weeks later...

Blazer Team Model, both for this year and next:Expect them to move Sergio or Jack along with Webster and a couple draft pick (and possible Lafrentz's monster expiring deal) for a legitimate Small Forward who can score, freeing Outlaw to backup the 3-4.There was some serious talk of Frye, Jack or Sergio, cash, and Lafrentz's contract to Phx for Stoudamire earlier in the year. I don't see how that works either way. The Suns would be losing their big man to free up the cap space and avoid that luxary tax they seem to fear. They'd gain a solid backup PG, but at a HUGE cost, and Frye would be even more lost defending quality bigs than Stoudamire. On the Blazer side: Are they going to play Stoudamire, Aldridge, and Oden 32 minutes each next year? None of those guys are playing the 3, period. And that essentially kills Travis Outlaws minutes, especially with 3 guys clogging the middle: Travis is no outside shooting, no matter how many 3's and 18 footers he's been draining lately.So while you can see how those talks died, expect something along those lines to happen soon for Portland, with the addition of a star-calibur name to the roster either up front or at the 3 to clear up the B-level-talent logjam at the 1-2-3-5. God bless them and their chemistry, but either Sergio, Jack, or Blake needs off the roster immediately while they still have trade value. I'd also like to see Webster gone and a legit 3 in his place. They have a ridiculous amount of players under contract, both on roster and overseas, and mutliple extra picks in the coming draft to unload.

This is ridiculous.. We have 15 players under contract, 3 coming from overseas next year and *4* friggin draft picks in next years draft. It's time we land us a supahstah.Their roster/depth chat for next year as it stands today:PG-Blake/Jack/Sergio/GreenSG-Roy/FernandezSF-Jones/Webster/MilesPF-Aldridge/Outlaw/Frye/McRobertsC-Oden/PryzbillaI'm forgetting someone, but screw it: they probably aren't memorable anyways. Lafrentz is off the books, no?Log jam city.. discuss.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what they do in the next few years. They have way too much great young talent for one team. The way I see it they're basically going to have to pick which guys they want to pay and let a lot of these guys walk. You can't win a championship with this many guys competing for playing time.I saw your idea to trade for a scoring 3, but what do you need that for? Not enough scorers on this team? And you know you're not keeping Outlaw if he's not a starter, right?Can you ever remember a team that had this many good players in the history of the league?

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what they do in the next few years. They have way too much great young talent for one team. The way I see it they're basically going to have to pick which guys they want to pay and let a lot of these guys walk. You can't win a championship with this many guys competing for playing time.I saw your idea to trade for a scoring 3, but what do you need that for? Not enough scorers on this team? And you know you're not keeping Outlaw if he's not a starter, right?Can you ever remember a team that had this many good players in the history of the league?
Those old Laker teams with Magic, Thompson, Worthy, Scott, Kareem & company were nothing to sneeze at.The current Blazers need scoring, period. Roy can create his own shot, but no one else on that team scores consistently. Webster/James/Outlaw/Jack/Blake/Frye are all spotty, and Aldridge is pretty helpless if the other team's weakside help has any clue whatsoever. Ideally a strong 3 who can shoot from the outside would be a welcome addition.One thing to note about Outlaw: Outlaw has played one decent month in the span of 4 f*cking years. He's not in the position to demand anything. If anything, he is likely to be one of the ones moves, because his stock is not likely to be any higher than it is right now. He's a great kid, but I cringed when they signed him to that long contract.. which, by the way, means that he CANT be traded anytime soon.. nm..But yeah, we need more scoring in a bad, bad way.
Those old Laker teams with Magic, Thompson, Worthy, Scott, Kareem & company were nothing to sneeze at.The current Blazers need scoring, period. Roy can create his own shot, but no one else on that team scores consistently. Webster/James/Outlaw/Jack/Blake/Frye are all spotty, and Aldridge is pretty helpless if the other team's weakside help has any clue whatsoever. Ideally a strong 3 who can shoot from the outside would be a welcome addition.One thing to note about Outlaw: Outlaw has played one decent month in the span of 4 f*cking years. He's not in the position to demand anything. If anything, he is likely to be one of the ones moves, because his stock is not likely to be any higher than it is right now. He's a great kid, but I cringed when they signed him to that long contract.. which, by the way, means that he CANT be traded anytime soon.. nm..But yeah, we need more scoring in a bad, bad way.
You probably didn't give it much thought, but it's funny how you the Blazer fan put Mychal Thompson in with that group. He probably doesn't even cross anyone's mind to a fan of any other team. Michael Cooper deserves his own mention, come on, especially over MT.I have yet to add Portland to my list of "watch every game" teams (Phx, NO) so I haven't seen a whole lot of them, but whenever I do I see Outlaw killing guys. I've always been high on him though. What deal did they sign him to, I just checked and it said he's up in 2 years? Have they not updated it yet?
You probably didn't give it much thought, but it's funny how you the Blazer fan put Mychal Thompson in with that group. He probably doesn't even cross anyone's mind to a fan of any other team. Michael Cooper deserves his own mention, come on, especially over MT.
LOL crap!!! I meant Cooper, not Thompson. All about the defense. Nice catch. Speaking of Laker History, one of the greatest basketball games ever made was Lakers vs. Celtics for the Sega Genesis back in like 1990. I remembered loving the Celtics, because you could field the all-white team, and of course the best worst players in the game where Rambis and McNamara from the Lakeshow, who would both still go through the "hook shot" animation from the 3 point line. Ahh.. those were good times indeed. The Jordon double-reverse, the Tom Chamber unblockable triple clutch pump slam, and the sweet sounds of Kurt Rambis clanging hook shot 3 pointers off the back iron. Makes me giggle just thinking about it.
I have yet to add Portland to my list of "watch every game" teams (Phx, NO) so I haven't seen a whole lot of them, but whenever I do I see Outlaw killing guys. I've always been high on him though. What deal did they sign him to, I just checked and it said he's up in 2 years? Have they not updated it yet?
They gave him another 3 years or whatever at like 4-5 mil per. You have to remember, I'm always overly critical over my team and my players. But dude literally did *nothing* on an NBA court until a couple months ago. You can certainly argue "Jermaine O'Neal" syndrome where he was buried behind 5 guys on the bench, but regardless, this is the first year he's even sniffed regular rotation minutes. He's looking good scoring the rock, it's a matter of doing the other things on a regular basis that will help this team.We already have Martel Webster who can score 15 a night with ... 1 assist... and 1 rebound. I'd like to see some improvement at the 3, but the Blazers refuse to start their best option: James Jones.So yeah, sorry about the tangent: Outlaw reminds me a bit of a young Cliff Robinson, who turned out to be a solid pro. He can certainly get there. Just remember that you asking me why Outlaw isn't a featured player in the offense is like me asking you a couple years ago why Vlad Ramonivic isn't playing 40 minutes a night. :club:
SAY WHAT?Most ridiculous trade rumor ever..NJ/Dallas/PortlandNJ Gets Travis Outlaw, Jarret Jack, DeSagana Diop, Stackhouse, Devon George, DRAFT PICKS AND CASH.It doesn't say who Dallas or Portland would get. lol.Fly on the wall is saying some permutation of above trade lands Devin Harris in Portland. Not sure how that would fit in Portland's plans.. We already have a half dozen undersized guards who can score and play minimal defense. I'd be far, far, far, far, far more interested in Reggie Jefferson or Josh Howard, but I don't see NJ or Dallas parting with either.I find it hard to believe the Blazers would part with Outlaw and Jack without either getting a.) a shooter, or b. ) A big man who can D up, in return.
Devin Harris isn't really undersized, a 6'3 PG is fine in the NBA. Especially one as athletic as Harris is.
Yeah, but a team as thin as the Blazers are up front giving up Channing Frye AND Travis Outlaw? I agree Harris is a nice fit, but I'd be far more comfortable giving up Jack/Sergio/Webster, or Sergio/Webster/Frye.Even if we got Bass or Diop back in the deal, I still don't make it. Not enough of a step forward to shake up our chemistry. I want to see a legit small forward or someone like an Andre Miller who we could get far cheaper than Harris. I bet we could get Miller for Sergio/Webster/Draft Pick + Cash, and that's 10x more attractive than anything else Miller's crew is hearing answering the phone right now.

Sorry Cappy, but it's absolutely crazy that Brandon Roy made the all star team over Baron Davis. Baron has better stats in every category, and the Warriors have a better record. :club:

Sorry Cappy, but it's absolutely crazy that Brandon Roy made the all star team over Baron Davis. Baron has better stats in every category, and the Warriors have a better record. :club:
Jackson and Davis probably cancelled a lot of votes out for each other, Plus the guy w/ gun at strip club not likely to be voted in by coaches.Roy got in as much for his image as anything, I will grant you that. *I* wouldn't put B-Roy on the all-star team. That said, he's a younger face for the NBA, and as much as no one pays attention to Portland's basketball team, I guarantee you half the east-coast media doesn't even realize the Warriors are over .500.I could care less, really. I've never been a big "all star game" kinda guy. I abhorr the MLB all-star game above all others, though, simply for the fact it decides homefield for the World Series.
I could care less, really. I've never been a big "all star game" kinda guy. I abhorr the MLB all-star game above all others, though, simply for the fact it decides homefield for the World Series.
Even more than the Pro Bowl? Come on at least the MLB game is a game.
If you read "Can I keep my jersey," by Paul Shirley you'll have an all new appreciation for Baron Davis. Shirley dogs on him pretty hard about his (lack of) work ethic. But it's funny. It made me like Baron more.
Even more than the Pro Bowl? Come on at least the MLB game is a game.
Lol. You win, the Pro Bowl doesn't even get TV viewers.

Wow have the Blazer's fallen from grace.Yeah, we're sitting ducks without Roy in the lineup, but some positives to focus on these last 2 games:* Aldridge has gotten his mojo back. He's still not bringing it on the defensive glass, but he's finally gotten his shot back and his scoring touch has returned. This is good, his contributions are greatly needed on this team.* Martell Webster has been really solid getting a lion's share of the minutes when James Jones has to shut it down with the injury.* Jarret Jack had a double double tonight, going 5-7 from the field and dishing out 10 assists. Blake is going to need to step it up or Jack may be getting most of the minutes at the point. Some negatives:* We live by the 3 and die by the 3, and we've been dyin' a lot more than we've been livin'.* Channing Frye and Travis Outlaw have been horribly inconsistent the last couple of weeks. Not good now that we've come to rely upon them.* We were .500 on our last homestand. Completely unacceptable.* The only team in the West playoff hunt that has slipped off at ALL is us. The top 9 are positively decimating the lesser teams they are playing on a nightly basis. We may have to start rooting for injuries here or something, because we're falling behind rapidly.As the trade deadline nears, do not be surprised to see the Blazers active. We have 3 players under contract coming in from overseas next year, SG-extraordinaire Rudy Fernandez, Joel Freeland, and Petteri Koponen. We also have a surplus of draft picks, and we are looking at having over 20 roster spots accounted for next season.Considering the amount of teams who needs PG help and wing shooters, don't be surprised to see one of the Jack/Sergio/Blake trio moved out along with Webster for some scoring help. And while Travis Outlaw is a Base-Year-Compensation player, his value has never been higher. I would not be opposed to moving Travis is the right deal came along..The Blazers have more tradable assets than any other team in the league, especially if another team is looking to rebuild and get younger. I expect Kevin Pritchard's phone to be ringing off the hook in the coming week. It's been a great year for blockbuster trades, and while I doubt the Blazers are going to get involved in a mega-deal, they will be looking to shed contracts and picks. Stay Tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

bumping because we broke the losing streak. Can we go 2 for 2 vs. the Sonics? Can only hope. :club::D

bumping because we broke the losing streak. Can we go 2 for 2 vs. the Sonics? Can only hope. :club::D
Wow my sonics actually killed a healthy team with a winning record. Im stokedOh and the french connection combined for 20 and 7 WOW