*** Official Portland Trailblazer's Team Thread ***

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we only scored 80 points and we won, i cant believe this streak right now
Well, we're not going to keep scoring 100, so get used to it.Good times, tho.
ten in a row!!!!!!!!!!! this is awesome
Yeah, another Martel Webster sighting.And holy cow.. that 50 ft shot Jarret Jack hit on the run at the end of the first quarter was INSANE. This team is going to be very good next year.This team is somehow very good right now.. :club:

Man, you guys are tearing it up!I don't really know what's up with Oden, but since he's with you guys, I'm rooting for win #11 :club: Keep the streak alive!I graduated from high school when Oden was a junior at LN.. about a half hour away from mine. I remember watching his games when it was him and Mike Conley just tearing it up all over the place. Then after watching what those two did at OSU, I only wish they could've stayed together in the NBA :PWhat's up with Oden anyway? And gl Blazers

Anyone else find it amusing that Aldridge and Roy get a chance to prove themselves to a national audience and have just horrendous games. Yeah, Roy went from mediocre to below-average as the game progressed, but it was truly the Channing Frye/Jarrett Jack show.And I <3 seeing like 8 guys with over 20 minutes and everyone contributing a little.I'm *still* mystified we are scoring enough to beat anybody, much less win 11 in a row. This team is going to give people nightmares next season.

Anyone else find it amusing that Aldridge and Roy get a chance to prove themselves to a national audience and have just horrendous games. Yeah, Roy went from mediocre to below-average as the game progressed, but it was truly the Channing Frye/Jarrett Jack show.And I <3 seeing like 8 guys with over 20 minutes and everyone contributing a little.I'm *still* mystified we are scoring enough to beat anybody, much less win 11 in a row. This team is going to give people nightmares next season.
Scroll up, read what I said about you will end up liking Frye.
Scroll up, read what I said about you will end up liking Frye.
You've 50% convinced me. Now I want to regret everything I've said about Oden. :PHow bizzaro is it that Channing Frye is contributing and gelling with this team and Zach Randolph just got benched by the worst team in the Eastern Conference? lolololololol. :club:
You've 50% convinced me. Now I want to regret everything I've said about Oden. :PHow bizzaro is it that Channing Frye is contributing and gelling with this team and Zach Randolph just got benched by the worst team in the Eastern Conference? lolololololol. :club:
Not bizzaro at all. Randolph is an out of shape, gunning big man that doesn't like contact.He's a cancer to any team he'll play on, I was surprised you were sad to see him go. His numbers don't mean anything. It is however very surprising how well the Blazers are playing, I don't think they can keep it up. Who knows though, but Oden is going to fit in very nicely.
Not bizzaro at all. Randolph is an out of shape, gunning big man that doesn't like contact.He's a cancer to any team he'll play on, I was surprised you were sad to see him go. His numbers don't mean anything. It is however very surprising how well the Blazers are playing, I don't think they can keep it up. Who knows though, but Oden is going to fit in very nicely.
Well, what I don't understand is how Zach isn't putting up silly point and rebound totals in the East, much like Jermaine O'Neal did once he escaped the Western Conference.I was sad to see Zach go because he was our only proven scoring option besides Roy. And we are still attempting to locate someone besides Roy and Aldridge who can actually contribute on a nightly basis via scoring. Outlaw, Jack, Frye, and Webster have all shown flashes, but none has been consistent enough to make it happen. James Jones may very well be the 3rd best "scorer", and he's more heralded for his defense than anything.As for the Blazers "keeping it up", I agree with you, the season is still far too young. Between the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets and Warriors, 2 of those 4 are likely going to have to deal with the inevitable injury bug. As I've said before, the Blazers aren't truly one of the top 8 in the West top to bottom, but a couple of those "Top 8"s will drop off the map thanks to injuries, and bam, I can see the Blazers backing into the playoffs. One thing is for certain. With their uptempo offense and sudden defensive intensity, we are NOT a team that opponents have penciled in on the calander under "easy win" anymore, home or on the road.

Last night vs. Minnesota: Travis Outlaw : 23 minutes, 7 points (3-7 FG), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. James Jones: 25 minutes, 12 points (4-8 FG/2-4 3PG), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 0 turnovers.Jarret Jack: 30 minutes, 14 points (4-10 FG/2-5 3PG), 4 boards, 5 assists, 1 turnover.Channing Frye: 20 minutes, 13 points (5-10 FG), 7 boards (5 off boards), 2 assists, 1 steal.That's all bench, folks.As a team, Blazers shot 49.4% from the field, 42% from 3, 72% from the charity stripe.Pulled 47 boards, had a 28/12 Assist to Turnover Ratio, 8 steals and blocked 6 shots.That's some hustle and good decision-making in action.I am ecstatic about the development of Channing Frye and Travis Outlaw this season. Outlaw is *finally* becoming what he teased us about becoming for the last 3 years. James Jones is a solid pickup that we essentially stole from Phoenix, to fill in the role Ime Udoka played last year.Jarret Jack is 10x as deadly coming off the bench, and seems to be realizing he's still getting 30 minutes a night, and absolutely destroying the second-tier opposition when he first gets into the game. Seem to notice how we always seem to make that run in the second quarter? That's Jack, Outlaw, and Jones bringing it hard.Our only real worry at the moment is Webster, who may benefit by coming off the bench himself. I'd like to see us start James Jones at the 3, because, quite frankly, all Webster *is* is a shooter, and Jones is a better shooter than Webster, so why in gods name is Webster starting? Jones is 10x the defender and rebounder Webster is. If Webster isn't hot early, he's wasting space on the court. We spent a high pick to get him, and I sincerely hope that isn't factoring into this decision.

Last night vs. Minnesota: Travis Outlaw : 23 minutes, 7 points (3-7 FG), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks. James Jones: 25 minutes, 12 points (4-8 FG/2-4 3PG), 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 0 turnovers.Jarret Jack: 30 minutes, 14 points (4-10 FG/2-5 3PG), 4 boards, 5 assists, 1 turnover.Channing Frye: 20 minutes, 13 points (5-10 FG), 7 boards (5 off boards), 2 assists, 1 steal.That's all bench, folks.As a team, Blazers shot 49.4% from the field, 42% from 3, 72% from the charity stripe.Pulled 47 boards, had a 28/12 Assist to Turnover Ratio, 8 steals and blocked 6 shots.That's some hustle and good decision-making in action.I am ecstatic about the development of Channing Frye and Travis Outlaw this season. Outlaw is *finally* becoming what he teased us about becoming for the last 3 years. James Jones is a solid pickup that we essentially stole from Phoenix, to fill in the role Ime Udoka played last year.Jarret Jack is 10x as deadly coming off the bench, and seems to be realizing he's still getting 30 minutes a night, and absolutely destroying the second-tier opposition when he first gets into the game. Seem to notice how we always seem to make that run in the second quarter? That's Jack, Outlaw, and Jones bringing it hard.Our only real worry at the moment is Webster, who may benefit by coming off the bench himself. I'd like to see us start James Jones at the 3, because, quite frankly, all Webster *is* is a shooter, and Jones is a better shooter than Webster, so why in gods name is Webster starting? Jones is 10x the defender and rebounder Webster is. If Webster isn't hot early, he's wasting space on the court. We spent a high pick to get him, and I sincerely hope that isn't factoring into this decision.
i agree webster needs to start picking it up, probably would have benefited him to go to college but who in the hell is gonna go to college when looking at top ten draft money
i agree webster needs to start picking it up, probably would have benefited him to go to college but who in the hell is gonna go to college when looking at top ten draft money
This point escapes a lot of people. Who in god's name would pursue "college education" and risk career-ending injury over locking up a multi-million dollar contract?A person who would actually do that would *need* education, although still not as much as they'd need millions of dollars.
just another reason to hate the jazz
Look at it another way: I'm actually in a positive mood about this.It sucks that the streak is over.. But the nation is talking about US for heavens sake, we're neck and neck for the division lead, and 2 months ago we would have shrugged our shoulders in the 3rd quarter and said "This isn't our night".Admit it.. There wasn't a single moment of the first 45 minutes where we didn't honestly believe we could win that game. That's a huge positive. Aldridge had a career night, too.. good for him.

nice we won, i fell asleep at halftime and it wasnt looking great but they pulled it out. If somehow we could play 500 ball on the road the rest of the way out we will definately make the playoffs

Agreed. Random amusing Blazer-related news of the night: Zach Randolph served his game suspension tonight.Minus Zach, the Knicks took the World Champion Spurs till the final ticks of the clock. lol.Maybe the whole "addition by subtraction" concept has more merit than we realize.I'd really like to pay back Utah for ending the streak, btw. Go Blazers!

no roy and we stomp the jazz why the hell couldn't we do this the other night, the streak would still be alive
Well, remember, they didn't exactly "have" Kirilenko last night...Oh, and apparently space aliens have invaded Martell Webster's body. 26 points in 26 minutes? Really? I don't know if I'm more impressed or in shock. Well done, Web.Not much else to say, we looked great tonight. Let's pray Roy can bounce back. We are in a world of trouble without him. It's hard enough to score points without him commanding double-teams and such.

i didnt see kirilenko wasnt playing,. I live in the northwest and fsn plays every stupid ****ing sonics game but never a blazer game maybe after a good year this year next year they will be on tv more