Bubbling Stt And 18 Mans.

Just wondering what you guys feel is an acceptable bubble:ITM ratio for both the 9 man's and 18 man's. I just feel like I've been bubbling the 18 mans too much lately, even though my ratio is still above 4:1 (the end-game average). Any PT stats would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Here are my stats (insert small sample size disclaimer here).$1.20 STTs (291 total)ITM: 141Bubble: 49For an ITM:Bubble ratio of 2.87:1$1.20 18-mans (48 total)ITM: 18Bubble: 4For an ITM:Bubble ratio of 4.5:1I've never really been concerned about my ITM:Bubble ratio because my bigger concern (at least in the STTs) is my win% when I do cash.

as Breslin said... Don't be concerned about getting fourth instead of bubbling... People will tighten up when it gets down to the bubble, so you need to exploit that if that means that you bubble twice as much but instead of getting fourth and third you are now consistently winning and getting second it will be worth it.

I was under the impression that bubbling is the worst possible thing you could do, and in my experience that seems to be supported by ICM. I'll need to go over some stats to be sure, but I think that I do tend to get more of my share of 1sts and 2nds when im in the cash, but I think that was always my ability to play push or fold poker when im ITM. Most of the material I've read though seems to reflect a priority of:1) Cash first2) Go for the winAny arguments for or against this would be appreciated. Thanks for the responses so far.

I was under the impression that bubbling is the worst possible thing you could do, and in my experience that seems to be supported by ICM. I'll need to go over some stats to be sure, but I think that I do tend to get more of my share of 1sts and 2nds when im in the cash, but I think that was always my ability to play push or fold poker when im ITM. Most of the material I've read though seems to reflect a priority of:1) Cash first2) Go for the winAny arguments for or against this would be appreciated. Thanks for the responses so far.
This is absolutely correct. The time to be more aggressive is the third or fourth level but before the bubble. When you get to the bubble ICM rules.