One Card Straight Facing Overbet

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $47.70UTG+1: $138.05CO: $50Button: $71.65Hero: $96BB: $50.25Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q :D A :D UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.Flop: J :club: 8 :) T :) ($10.5, 5 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $2, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.Turn: 7 :D ($18.5, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $4, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.River: 9 :D ($30.5, 3 players)Hero checks, UTG is all-in $39.7, UTG+1 folds, Hero???Villian is pretty tight but has only been at the table for 5ish hands....

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $47.70UTG+1: $138.05CO: $50Button: $71.65Hero: $96BB: $50.25River: 9 :club: ($30.5, 3 players)Hero checks, UTG is all-in $39.7, UTG+1 folds, Hero???Villian is pretty tight but has only been at the table for 5ish hands....
Wow, wtf. I guess I snap call and hope his Q9 of hearts got counterfeited.

he was short stack right? he check called to the river then went all in, my impression is trying bluff hitting the straight.I say you have this one, call it.

if your not gonna call when your double gutter hits, even if its not the good end then you shouldn't be calling the flop or turn (you should be raising them :club: )

Oh yeah and Nate, I'd NEVER check this river unless you know one of them is betting it for you. People are stupid and call for chops playing the board.

Am I the only one who hates preflop? Raising in general is questional and I hate only making it 4x the BB when 4 people have already limped in in front of us. All this raise is ever going to do is bloat the pot with us being out of postion. If your going to raise here I'd slightly overbet the pot and just hope to take it down. Something like $3.5-4, that way we alteast have some fold equity. As played on the river, I call it.

I do agree with you here.
You need to flat call here sometimes to make sure they have to at least consider that you have an AK/AQ type of hand after just calling in the blinds. I'm gonna assume that you're often reraising here, so the play is fine as long as it isn't your typical play.