This was yesterday playing the $5-$10 NL at The Bike. Minimum $500/no cap buy-in. Average stack sizes were $1,000 to $3,000.Hand 1I bought in for $1,000 and I'm sitting with $1,600 in front of me. I have a pretty solid image at the table. I'm in seat 7 on the button with Qd, Qh, seat 8 is open and blinds are in seat 9 and 1. Weak/loose player limps in from seat 4 and LAG player limps in from seat 6. I raise to $50. BB LAG Asian chick re-raises and makes it $150 (stack size about $1,800). Seat 4 (stack size about $800) calls, seat 6 mucks. I decided to just call.Flop comes 3d, 2h, 3s. Asian chick (seat 1) fires $300, seat 4 mucks.What would you do here?Hand 2Sitting in in seat 6 now with $1,500 in front of me. Button is in seat 7 and we are a full 9 handed game. Seat 2 limps, seat 4 limps, seat 5 limps. I have Ks,Qs in cut off, I limp. Button limps and the blinds check. Flop comes Qh,3h,9s. It's checked to seat 5 who bets $40, I min raise to $80. Everyone else folds. Turn comes As. He checks.What would you do here?After a few responses I'll post how I played them and the outcomes.

Hand 1) I call flop bet, and get ready to jam any non A or K turn....actually, if she is uber lag, I may jam anycard.Hand 2) I have no idea? I put in a full pot bet, when raised, reraise, and then have him fold.......

Hand 1 I call the flop. If the turn isn't an A or a K and she checks I bet the pot, if she leads out then I reraise.Hand 2 I check behind and if the river is a blank I c/c most bets

Hand 1, her range is prob like 99+ and AQ+ so either raising the flop or calling the flop to get it in on the turn is fine I think.Hand 2, raise pf. You have a reasonable strong hand and good position in a pot that noone has shown strength in as of yet. If you had raised preflop it would have made it much easier for you to play. As played you still have a reasonable hand on the turn here. I prob check call a bet and reevaluate river. His turn action will have a fair bearing on how I play the rest of the hand.

In general, I like checking behind on the turn when my hand is strong, yet vulnerable, and has almost no chance of a redraw. With the redraw on the KQ hand, I think you have to bet the turn. I bet 1/3 to half the pot there. If I get re raised, I check my pot odds, and decide if I'm beat and make a decision there. I just thinking betting here disquises your hand more, and by checking you're taking away your power of position.With the QQ hand, I probably call, and re evaluate on the turn, with the idea that I'll probably be getting all my money in on a non AK turn.

I bet 1/3 to half the pot there. If I get re raised, I check my pot odds, and decide if I'm beat and make a decision there. I just thinking betting here disquises your hand more, and by checking you're taking away your power of position.
I feel like betting 1/3 of the pot screams weakness and fear of the A, and you're leaving the door open to be pushed off the hand without getting to see the river. I either check or make a pretty decent bet on the turn. That way we're either seeing the river for free, or pot committing to the river (maybe not quite with 1600... how much does villain have?), assuming he doesn't fold to your bet on the turn. I agree that it disguises your hand and like the aggressive route. It also seems like with his small flop bet that he's on a heart draw and is trying to control the betting.Regarding QQ, if you're fearless and really can't read whether she has JJ, KK, AA, or AK jam away on non-A or K turn.

Hand one I call the flop bet She is in the worst postion to play a big pot and not good as you say; you have to play your strong hand not knowing if she has ever done this before after that you have to prepare to loss it all or fold if you do not improve or just fold up there not wanting to commit a grand to a pair of queens with no info but her being very early and very loose which by the way could mean she has 23 ao to bad you need maybe runner runner queens... Hand two you have a great hand and can relax I guess you didn't loss all your money in hand one; so use every con out there to get as much as possible and don't give any odds the small raise should have come before the flop but you aren't claiming any superiority You have a draw you can bluff etc. but I don't think he will call to much this street you have the hearts and maybe j 10 so he is dead it is a semibluff but so dense he is a sure fold so take a long tank and make yourself a fool at least he will get the wrong impression say somthing like "I should go all in? I have a great feeling you will fold" then bet one two hundred the river come anything good as in if your opp can think that maybe you are drawing and then a blank come he wiil bet a bluff at you and then pop him ( top pair don't let it know)

Hand one I call the flop bet She is in the worst postion to play a big pot and not good as you say; you have to play your strong hand not knowing if she has ever done this before after that you have to prepare to loss it all or fold if you do not improve or just fold up there not wanting to commit a grand to a pair of queens with no info but her being very early and very loose which by the way could mean she has 23 ao to bad you need maybe runner runner queens... Hand two you have a great hand and can relax I guess you didn't loss all your money in hand one; so use every con out there to get as much as possible and don't give any odds the small raise should have come before the flop but you aren't claiming any superiority You have a draw you can bluff etc. but I don't think he will call to much this street you have the hearts and maybe j 10 so he is dead it is a semibluff but so dense he is a sure fold so take a long tank and make yourself a fool at least he will get the wrong impression say somthing like "I should go all in? I have a great feeling you will fold" then bet one two hundred the river come anything good as in if your opp can think that maybe you are drawing and then a blank come he wiil bet a bluff at you and then pop him ( top pair don't let it know)
do you smoke meth?at least it would explain things...*EDIT*hand one i call & probably get in on a non A / K turn, but i still see AA/KK here alot... her being LAG i'm much more likely to get all my money in the pot, possibly even if the K hits the turn & she shoves... i'd rather see a K than an A though that's for sure... hand twomake it $120-150, i'm calling a raise depending on the size, i think i'm down to call like $450 right here, idk i'd probably have to be put to the decision to know for sure... i'd probably make it $130, i fold if he goes all in, but i'm likely calling a decent sized raise & folding on a non spade river.... i'm not sure kings up would be good here very often... what about trips? maybe? doubtful though, right?if i get raised i wand nothing but non board pairing spades allllll day FTW!!!!

Ok, heres some more info on the hands...Hand 1I called the $300 on the flop. Turn was a 5c. She pushes.Hand 2After he checked I bet $100, he immediately raised to $300.

Ok, heres some more info on the hands...Hand 1I called the $300 on the flop. Turn was a 5c. She pushes.Hand 2After he checked I bet $100, he immediately raised to $300.
You call hand 1? She could have AK of clubs there....or you're beat by AA and KK. Who knows. But you ain't folding without a read, so chalk it up either way.Hand 2. What is seat 5 limping with after two callers? He's either hit a set, two pair with Q9 or A9, or is on a semi bluff draw and is trying to get you off your top pair. I play at the Bike a lot, and I don't play that 500 game, but I'm sure some of the regulars there make that play. This hand would be read dependent. If it's a typical donkey table that I play at, at the 300 to 500 and 200 games, I'm putting the villian on a medium to strong hand. I'm not sure, but I probably call either way, because if he's on a bluff, he may decide not to fire a second bullet and you may even get a free showdown even if you don't hit your spade.
Hand 1 I call this pretty quickly.Hand 2, depending on stack sizes can't you call on your fd?

Hand 1: Is she gonna push here with hands like 66-JJ? If yes, then I snap call. If not, then I guess I fold. Honestly, with how passively you've played it, she's probably pushing 99-JJ thinking it's best here so I'd call and expect to be ahead often enough to turn a profit.Hand 2: Sometimes I raise preflop, sometimes not. On a flop that draw heavy, with 5 or 6 people in the pot, DO NOT MINRAISE, in fact, don't ever minraise. Make a sizable bet with what is probably the best hand.On the turn, it's a good card for you. It gives you the NFD, but it's also a scary card to your opponent who may now fold a hand like QJ or QT that might have paid you otherwise. Since you both have a good amount of money behind and it's hard to put people on a flush when it comes runner runner, I'll take my 2-1 odds on the turn to see a river. Depending on body language, you're probably supposed to fold if you don't improve, but if you feel he's just really weak, then you can call a river bet, but I'd fold most rivers.

This was yesterday playing the $5-$10 NL at The Bike. Minimum $500/no cap buy-in. Average stack sizes were $1,000 to $3,000.Hand 1I bought in for $1,000 and I'm sitting with $1,600 in front of me. I have a pretty solid image at the table. I'm in seat 7 on the button with Qd, Qh, seat 8 is open and blinds are in seat 9 and 1. Weak/loose player limps in from seat 4 and LAG player limps in from seat 6. I raise to $50. BB LAG Asian chick re-raises and makes it $150 (stack size about $1,800). Seat 4 (stack size about $800) calls, seat 6 mucks. I decided to just call.Flop comes 3d, 2h, 3s. Asian chick (seat 1) fires $300, seat 4 mucks.What would you do here?Hand 2Sitting in in seat 6 now with $1,500 in front of me. Button is in seat 7 and we are a full 9 handed game. Seat 2 limps, seat 4 limps, seat 5 limps. I have Ks,Qs in cut off, I limp. Button limps and the blinds check. Flop comes Qh,3h,9s. It's checked to seat 5 who bets $40, I min raise to $80. Everyone else folds. Turn comes As. He checks.What would you do here?After a few responses I'll post how I played them and the outcomes.
hand one is about feel... playing at the borgata last week i made the mistake of folding too often so i may be a little biased with your QQ. I had a very similar hand in which teh LAG player put in the third raise pf with JJ and i folded my qq pf. i think there is a very good chance she sees your position raise as a couple of big cards trying to pick up the blinds. so there is AA and KK you can't beat, and JJ 1010 99 88 77 66 55 AK AQ you can beat. against this range there are a lot of hands you can beat... i'd go for ithand 2... i think i would have raised more on the flop to make sure 2 hearts or straight cards have to pay for the privledge of drawing, not sure 80 gets it the job done. the ace just killed you if he bet with j10 as a semi bluff feeler on the flop, but you did pick up the nut flush draw. definitely don't bet because if you get reraised you're going to have to fold. take your free card and keep the pot small with one pair. if the river gives you the nut flush awesome, any blank i'd say call a reasonable bet, chances are a worse queen will bet the river after you check the turn.

Hand 1I mucked, she showed K,K. It was a very difficult fold and I did not muck it right away. I took about 1:30-2:00 mins to fold, it was very read dependent and she even received a phone call during this time and she was very confident. Even though she's pretty LAG I didn't think she would push the turn after I flat called her PF and on the flop with 9,9-6,6. I think with my table image she's only pushing that turn if she has a big hand. IMO, it was either she had J,J or 10,10 and I have her beat or she has K,K or A,A and she has me beat. It was pretty 50/50 but I figured that if I'm not sure here I can muck and have a better shot at her in a better situation. She did go on to loose her entire stack of $2,500+. I got back $300 from her on a subsequent hand.Hand 2I called his re-raise to $300. River dropped 9d and he bet $700. Same thing here I took about 1 min and mucked. Again it was pretty read dependent, he didn't show his hand but I think he flopped 2 pair or 3,3, at worst maybe AhXh. I don't think he's betting that river with Q,J, or Q, 10.

before i go any further, i wanna post my immediate reaction:hand onei call & puke when she flips kings... i think she does this w/ any over pair 66+, AK / AQ enough times to counter the times she gins the turn w/ 55, & holds a 3x or flopped it... LAG's can show up w/ a hand too though, the only thing is she seems like she's trying to TID, not bet for value... i call, if she has AA / KK so be it, i think her PF 3bet range is wider than just htose two hands seeing how she's LAG... she could just be stealing the betting lead & hope to force you to fold holdings specifically like your own, she may think you can't call this bet w/ QQ on this board... which makes me more inclined to call... if a TAG player did this i'd probably fold.... her being LAG, i call... hand twoinsta call & hope the spade hits... i see 333 & A9 played like this alot... could even be Ahxhi probably fold UI to a river push... i'd seriously want the 5s obv, and i'd probably hate to make trips or two pair... both would get me inclined to call, but i still see A9 & 333 play alot like this, i don't necesarrily see xhxh play this way unless it's Ahxh... J T trying to make a move? doubtful... yeah i insta call & fold ui... if he's bluffing hopefully he gives up & checks a blank river...
Hand 2: Sometimes I raise preflop, sometimes not. On a flop that draw heavy, with 5 or 6 people in the pot, DO NOT MINRAISE, in fact, don't ever minraise. Make a sizable bet with what is probably the best hand.
When playing deep I'm really careful in these types of situations. I just want to isolate him, I minraise here to do only that. Since it was a multi way limped pot, I don't want to reraise $100 more and have the blinds wake up with Q,3 or some other 2 pair. My minraise will allow me to isolate this player (which I have position on) and I will be able to find out where I'm at against the other players for relatively cheap. It takes a bigger hand for someone to check call/check raise a bet and a raise, regardless of the size of the raise (2nd bet).
Hand 1I mucked, she showed K,K. It was a very difficult fold and I did not muck it right away. I took about 1:30-2:00 mins to fold, it was very read dependent and she even received a phone call during this time and she was very confident. Even though she's pretty LAG I didn't think she would push the turn after I flat called her PF and on the flop with 9,9-6,6. I think with my table image she's only pushing that turn if she has a big hand. IMO, it was either she had J,J or 10,10 and I have her beat or she has K,K or A,A and she has me beat. It was pretty 50/50 but I figured that if I'm not sure here I can muck and have a better shot at her in a better situation. She did go on to loose her entire stack of $2,500+. I got back $300 from her on a subsequent hand.Hand 2I called his re-raise to $300. River dropped 9d and he bet $700. Same thing here I took about 1 min and mucked. Again it was pretty read dependent, he didn't show his hand but I think he flopped 2 pair or 3,3, at worst maybe AhXh. I don't think he's betting that river with Q,J, or Q, 10.
yeah, sick spot thank her for showing...i think i even put her on just that in above posts lolz... all her actions scream aces or kings here, but her being LAG she could just be representing such holdings w/ holdings far weaker... this is the only thing that lead me towards being able to call... against any tight solid player this is an easy fold.... hand two eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy fold... also, you're chopping w/ Q J / Q T / any Q... that's just about the worst river card you could have seen lolz, except maybe the 3s, esp if he fires the $700... that woulda been pretty sick...

i missed the turn info when i posted my first response...hand one there are two mistakes in my opinion. first is minraising the flop, make it 120 or so to try to get any draws that checked in ep to go away, and the original bettor to call with a worse queen. after villain checks the turn i think you have to check behind. the ace is a scary card for you, even though i don't think villain has AQ. You picked up a draw to the nut flush, take your free card and hope to get a big payday if you get there. You mentioned after the check raise on the turn you put him on a set of 3s, if you checked behind on the turn you wouldn't have put in $300 and if you DID get your flush on the river you know you'd get paid off by a set, if you miss you're facing a smaller value bet on the river and get out of the hand cheaper. hand 2 you're spot on with your range... you went with your feel and made a great laydown. good job! :club:

i missed the turn info when i posted my first response...hand one there are two mistakes in my opinion. first is minraising the flop, make it 120 or so to try to get any draws that checked in ep to go away, and the original bettor to call with a worse queen. after villain checks the turn i think you have to check behind. the ace is a scary card for you, even though i don't think villain has AQ. You picked up a draw to the nut flush, take your free card and hope to get a big payday if you get there. You mentioned after the check raise on the turn you put him on a set of 3s, if you checked behind on the turn you wouldn't have put in $300 and if you DID get your flush on the river you know you'd get paid off by a set, if you miss you're facing a smaller value bet on the river and get out of the hand cheaper. hand 2 you're spot on with your range... you went with your feel and made a great laydown. good job! :club:
You got your hand titles mixed up. Hand 2 (Ks,Qs hand), I was about to check the turn but I figured that he's only gonna raise me on that turn card with two pair or set. That being said I bet the $100 with full intention of calling any raise up to $300 more for a shot at hitting that flush and taking down a monster pot. Most of time I will check any other spade that drops on the turn for a free look at the river but, since it was the As, IMO, he has to have a big hand to re-raise there.
Hand 1I mucked, she showed K,K. It was a very difficult fold and I did not muck it right away. I took about 1:30-2:00 mins to fold, it was very read dependent and she even received a phone call during this time and she was very confident. Even though she's pretty LAG I didn't think she would push the turn after I flat called her PF and on the flop with 9,9-6,6. I think with my table image she's only pushing that turn if she has a big hand. IMO, it was either she had J,J or 10,10 and I have her beat or she has K,K or A,A and she has me beat. It was pretty 50/50 but I figured that if I'm not sure here I can muck and have a better shot at her in a better situation. She did go on to loose her entire stack of $2,500+. I got back $300 from her on a subsequent hand.
If this is the case, you should be calling. Even if you eliminate the 66-99 from her range and decide that she'd push JJ and TT here, you should be calling becuase there is already money in the pot to make this profitable at 50/50. The fact is that sometiems she does show up AK (with the straight draw now) or some other hand that didn't belong there.The thing that would make this a fold is the live read of the situation that you can't get online. I think that folding is ok if it's based on a physical read you had at the table, but in terms of her range, I'd probably lean towards calling this most of the time.

Hand two you should have bet 300 then he may have call checked and you could be more sure of his play. In hind sight folding the over the top is best no need to call then fold lucky you didn't get some kind of card next that committed you;tough hands poker not that easy.

do you smoke meth? As for this silly statemant NO.....I am clean me and Barry and its my roomates dog not me that takes the stereiodsat least it would explain things...*EDIT*hand one i call & probably get in on a non A / K turn, but i still see AA/KK here alot... her being LAG i'm much more likely to get all my money in the pot, possibly even if the K hits the turn & she shoves... i'd rather see a K than an A though that's for sure... hand twomake it $120-150, i'm calling a raise depending on the size, i think i'm down to call like $450 right here, idk i'd probably have to be put to the decision to know for sure... i'd probably make it $130, i fold if he goes all in, but i'm likely calling a decent sized raise & folding on a non spade river.... i'm not sure kings up would be good here very often... what about trips? maybe? doubtful though, right?if i get raised i wand nothing but non board pairing spades allllll day FTW!!!!