Why Didn't Daniel Play In The Real Big Game With Townsend, Farha And Co.

After hearing Daniel saying how much he loved to play PLO or NLH without a cap on HSP, i'm wondering why he didn't play in the uncapped game with Townsend, Farha once more people started to play. scuuuuuuuuuuurrrrred?

It was on during the WSOP where Daniel was playing in a LOT of tournaments. These guys are cash game players and as such weren't busy in tournaments at all. I think I read in Townsends blog that he expects the game to run again next year during the WSOP, which would mean Daniel would probably miss it if he continues his bracelet bet (which I think he will).

I realize why daniel wasn't in the game because he seems to be pretty big into the tournaments, but where was Ivey or even Greenstein. I know they had bracelet bets, but this game seems like it's right up their alley with the huge stakes going on.

I realize why daniel wasn't in the game because he seems to be pretty big into the tournaments, but where was Ivey or even Greenstein. I know they had bracelet bets, but this game seems like it's right up their alley with the huge stakes going on.
Kingconis your name derived from the Book?

I still think PLO is one of DN's worst games - if not THE worst. I'm pretty sure he would've been a fairly large dog in a game like that. Plus he hasn't even played in the normal big game (which is mostly Limit games which play to his strengths more) for quite a while - at least with any degree of regularity. IMO all the name brand pros stayed away from this game b/c there were much easier spots in the card room that month...

I still think PLO is one of DN's worst games - if not THE worst. I'm pretty sure he would've been a fairly large dog in a game like that. Plus he hasn't even played in the normal big game (which is mostly Limit games which play to his strengths more) for quite a while - at least with any degree of regularity. IMO all the name brand pros stayed away from this game b/c there were much easier spots in the card room that month...
i agree with you about the better spot thing, i only brought it up because Negreanu was talking on HSP about playing Farha head up PLO w/no cap and how much better PL/NL games are with no cap.
I railed him at the WSOP last year in PLO....if this is his worse, then he is the best player alive

I love Sammy. He is a gppd dude. Having said that, I'd crush him in any poker game because I know how he thinks.... our thought process is very simimlar, but he is a little more sloppy than I am. As for PLO, I've won a good chunk of money playing that game, albeit always short handed. I leanred from Ivey, which means that my biggest strength is short handed play. I'll admit that in ring games I'm sloppier than I should be but I'm working on that. I'm playing better poker now than ever. Bring on whoever, I'm as confident as you could ever be...

I wasn't playing for two reasons: game was really big and I was shoprt on liquid BR, plus I had my WSOP bet going.
If that same game or something similar gets going again, will you play? Are you focusing more on tournament poker and the business side rather than the cash games?
I love Sammy. He is a gppd dude. Having said that, I'd crush him in any poker game because I know how he thinks.... our thought process is very simimlar, but he is a little more sloppy than I am. As for PLO, I've won a good chunk of money playing that game, albeit always short handed. I leanred from Ivey, which means that my biggest strength is short handed play. I'll admit that in ring games I'm sloppier than I should be but I'm working on that. I'm playing better poker now than ever. Bring on whoever, I'm as confident as you could ever be...
I wasn't playing for two reasons: game was really big and I was shoprt on liquid BR, plus I had my WSOP bet going.
Zomg. Slooooow down Daniel -- you can get back to the hockey scores in a minute. You're giving the forum spelling police fits....
I'm playing better poker now than ever. Bring on whoever, I'm as confident as you could ever be...
time to start those 500K heads-up games again??
I love Sammy. He is a gppd dude. Having said that, I'd crush him in any poker game because I know how he thinks.... our thought process is very simimlar, but he is a little more sloppy than I am. As for PLO, I've won a good chunk of money playing that game, albeit always short handed. I leanred from Ivey, which means that my biggest strength is short handed play. I'll admit that in ring games I'm sloppier than I should be but I'm working on that.
Does the term "sloppy" have an agreed-upon definition among poker players for making certain types of mistakes? Is it just a failure to think things through as much as you should or is there a more precise meaning in the way you use it?