I just picked up LHE again today and played a session of 2 tables SH .5/1.it was frustrated how many swings i had in this session of about 700 hands.i would go down 30BB than get back up to +5BB than back down to -20BB and back to even.my question is this[ ] standard / variance[ ] bad play[ ] ???

I just picked up LHE again today and played a session of 2 tables SH .5/1.it was frustrated how many swings i had in this session of about 700 hands.i would go down 30BB than get back up to +5BB than back down to -20BB and back to even.my question is this[ ] standard / variance[ ] bad play[ ] ???
LHE especially short handed can be very swingy. It's pretty standard for me. I mean, some of it could obviously be from -EV plays or from tilt, but from the general information you posted I would say this can be fairly standard.Do you have any hands that you wanted to post or for us to look at?

Are you happy with the decisions you made throughout the session?Short handed limit hold em is a swingy business, over 700 hands you're probably going to be going in both directions profit wise so it's better to focus on the quality of your deicisions.There are time when i know i'm playing badly and i can attribute my losing to that, but there are other times when i feel i'm playing well and making the right decisions but i still lose. Over one session it may be variance, but if it keeps happening i reccomend you looks at your play and see if you're going wrong anywhere. I think reviewing how you played is important to keep your confidence up when you are losing.

Are you happy with the decisions you made throughout the session?Short handed limit hold em is a swingy business, over 700 hands you're probably going to be going in both directions profit wise so it's better to focus on the quality of your deicisions.There are time when i know i'm playing badly and i can attribute my losing to that, but there are other times when i feel i'm playing well and making the right decisions but i still lose. Over one session it may be variance, but if it keeps happening i reccomend you looks at your play and see if you're going wrong anywhere. I think reviewing how you played is important to keep your confidence up when you are losing.
I just picked the game up after a long period of zero to little poker so im obviously making a lot of mistakes.I try to spot my mistakes and try not do them over and over again.I just played another session and i recognised the same pattern like the last time. Over a period of time i slowly loose one pot after the other and nothing seems to go my way then BAM within a short period of time everything goes right and it almost seems like i cant loose. This is just frustrating.

this game is so ****ing exhausting. Its just sick sick sick.you get dealt one decent hand an hour and then you get run down by some donkey who calls a PF Cap with K4s just to flush you on the river over and over and over......srry, had to blow off some steam

Lol we all know the feeling.I got so pissed of once i decided to play every pocket pair and suited cards for a whole session just so i could be the guy who sucks out on people instead of the one who loses with AK.Suffice to say, it didn't go well.

Lol we all know the feeling.I got so pissed of once i decided to play every pocket pair and suited cards for a whole session just so i could be the guy who sucks out on people instead of the one who loses with AK.Suffice to say, it didn't go well.
So you say that i shouldnt do that???Mmmmh i have to rethink my LHE Strategy

Hahaha, i used to think "i'll only play real good high card hands" till i realised, who the **** wins a limit hold em pot with a high card? Sooted junk all the way baby!"Disclaimer:please note author is a terrible terrible poker player and any advice given is best not listened to.

for small stakes minus only 20 dollars in 700hands is not bad, I play small stakes live and go down some times over 50BB with not 5 BB in mistakes over that many hands (which is hours live) passive players can make good plays look bad if taken hand by hand You have AA they 105 they hitflop you don't know thenyou hit turn raising war then they hit river fullhouse good by BBs ; odds and percentages are the whole game small you have to bet every postive and raise every positive folding over action doesn't even out much. These are called supergames for a reason the odds and luck have to even out so just keep ramping them up and learn to raise what they will call when you have the odds then the 20 plusBB in 100 hand come out etc. some times even more. Bad players also give up within so they become as soft as jelly; I have had 75BB swings in about that many hands and have had 50BB pots Ive won it does happen 6 players cap cap etc etc and you have a hidden hand whamo winner take all. Never steam a small stakes game the serious life is a joke there. When you play that become one of them (or us) and take it like the fool you must be(I see you haven't replaced Reese) playing for a dollar on the turn isn't to be taken to hard.

for small stakes minus only 20 dollars in 700hands is not bad, I play small stakes live and go down some times over 50BB with not 5 BB in mistakes over that many hands (which is hours live) passive players can make good plays look bad if taken hand by hand You have AA they 105 they hitflop you don't know thenyou hit turn raising war then they hit river fullhouse good by BBs ; odds and percentages are the whole game small you have to bet every postive and raise every positive folding over action doesn't even out much. These are called supergames for a reason the odds and luck have to even out so just keep ramping them up and learn to raise what they will call when you have the odds then the 20 plusBB in 100 hand come out etc. some times even more. Bad players also give up within so they become as soft as jelly; I have had 75BB swings in about that many hands and have had 50BB pots Ive won it does happen 6 players cap cap etc etc and you have a hidden hand whamo winner take all. Never steam a small stakes game the serious life is a joke there. When you play that become one of them (or us) and take it like the fool you must be(I see you haven't replaced Reese) playing for a dollar on the turn isn't to be taken to hard.
When are you going to write your poker strategy book?