Betting Patterns: The Number One Tell?

I think most would agree that betting patterns are the biggest and most reliable tell of them all....even some of the most basic amateurs can pick up on these patterns at their home games. What would you consider lead pipe lock betting patterns that you've come to rely on for excellent information from opponents?

I noticed in my play that if somebody bets on the flop say $100 (pot size $100 or more), and then on the turn again $100 that shows this guy has either a top pair or is on a draw and the turn and river cards didn't help him.

I noticed in my play that if somebody bets on the flop say $100 (pot size $100 or more), and then on the turn again $100 that shows this guy has either a top pair or is on a draw and the turn and river cards didn't help him.
You know from the size of his turnbet that the river card didn't help him? Wow can you teach me how to do that? :club:

Donkey Player's minimum raise equals MONSTER

throwing money into the pot like a mad man then checking when the third card to a flush comes. The other night I was at a cash game and i saw this girl limp call with AK and AQ and just never raise, really passive. This goes on for an hour then suddenly in one hand she puts in a 4xBB raise pre flop.

The predetermined "I'm going to win this pot no matter what" bets from maniac types on my right are my favorite.They raise your blind in position. Call.Flop:Check-Pot sized continuation bet. No matter what you have, you call. Turn:Check- ("Damnit, he didn't fold...") Another pot sized bet on the turn. Yep- it's a bluff. No matter what you have, call again.River:Fire straight into the ****** with a 3/4 pot sized bet.... No matter what you have.Watch him crumble like a dried out pile of cattle shit on a desert road. Turn over your 8/4 off suit, showing 4th pair and remind him that all those blinds and small pots he's stolen up to this point by being retardedly aggressive have been paid back 10X over with that one retarded meltdown. LOL at him, then walk behind his chair and urinate on it, because he's your territory now...

I am working on the type player who never bets unless he has some certain big hand. As in against a passive player "Will he bet anything that is not the completion of the board draws?" You check he bets, Does he have it ? also those who may be changing thier game to suit you as in they know now that ace high is no good against you. And third a stare and throw of chips directly into pot (why the concentration now?). Tells make alot of money that is why live games are worth more then online.

To find out if you are up against a monster hand raise the villians bet on the flop if he raises an incredible amount as ussually what fish do then save your chips for another hand. Because most fish with monster hands can not wait to put there chips in the pot.Depending on the pot size work out if the villian is trying to push you out or into the pot.