Usb Power Adapters For Laptop

Firstly I'm computer retarded! I have broken the ac adapter for my laptop(again) and am curious whether there is any such thing as a power source to power my laptop through the usb port. I have googled etc and have no solid answer so would appreciate any help.

Have you tried trolling the forum appropriate to your computer brand? There may be one that suits you and, if there is, it may address this very question!
I'm computer retarded not out right retarded. I've searched brand sites, forums etc and have come up short thus my posting here in the hopes that of the many people who like me rely on their laptops someone here may be able to offer some help.

No - you need to buy a new power adapter which arn't cheap.I'm on my 4th since my dog chewed through the original cord. I went out and bought a 2nd one which melted where the connection meets the base and they replaced it, then the 3rd one melted/broke in the same spot. They don't make the model anymore because of the defect and I had to buy a 4th one.*Sigh - Buy a new one and treat it with respect.

A USB port can only handle 5V. Your computer needs 15 or more volts. So, NO there is not a USB power supply. Try a universal power cord (Targus) or order online.

I'm computer retarded not out right retarded. I've searched brand sites, forums etc and have come up short thus my posting here in the hopes that of the many people who like me rely on their laptops someone here may be able to offer some help.
hehe....I wasn't mocking. You'd be surprised how many people don't know about resources like that.LeBron

Thanks for the help guys. Its the connection within my laptop that I keep breaking (the little needle thingy <- I think thats the technical term anyways). Last time this happened my computer had to be sent off and I was without it for two months and the repairs cost me about 40% of what the laptop had originally cost so after hearing about this wonderous usb thingy with power capibilities I hoped for a cheaper quicker solution to my problem. Oh well maybe I'll take advantage of the dollar and order a new from the states. Thanks again. Mark (errr kidding, Matt)

The DC jack (needle thingy is such a technical term!! :club: ) can be purchased on line for as little as $10. However, the disassembly, soldering and re-assembly of the laptop is pricey. be careful!!!!!