• 1 year later...
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never a doubt.

Hell yes! It's a new year boys. Playoffs bound!

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.   JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.   Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire A

4-0 after getting the Bruins to suck an egg bitches!

I didn't it was possible for the Avs to have a winning record after 4 games.

They have a really bright future. I think long term the best group of young forwards in the leauge

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's kind of a good thing that the AVS got to tank in a condensed season to get the #1 draft pick so I didn't have to watch a full season of terrible product. I don't understand how you get a team of hockey players to tank. These guys lose jobs over a bad season. Maybe it just kind of happens in some unspoken manner where everyone becomes selfish trying to get stats and stops playing the game which is a sure fire recipe for loses. I slogged through every game last season and it was painfully obvious the AVS were tanking. It's weird to watch a game and know your favorite team isn't going to win but you still kind of root for them but are really just kind of watching the other teams.

This year is a whole different story and it's been super fun to watch. I can't seem to help but go into every game expecting to see the same team from last year but this roster is playing hard and fast every single night.

The win vs the Pens last Monday was just incredible. AVS killed 4pp in the first period alone.

Check this out:

AoCcq-Z_iGMvF5wodp5J.jpg

How did the AVS hold the Pens to a shutout?

Giguere blocked 34 shots which sounds amazing and I guess it really is. He obviously had a ton of help from the defense but mainly it was the lack of playable rebounds. Giguere likes to slide too far on his pads and will be out of position for rebounds on almost every shot on goal. He reads the play so well that he's just in the right spot for the shot and can usually swallow the puck or deflect it to open ice. It can be really nerve-racking to watch.

Landiskog's 2nd period goal was sweet but he got a nice stick deflection and it went in. It was lucky.....but he was on a mini break and took a shot on net which went in so it's kind of lucky but he was in the position to take that shot so it's not really luck. gosh hockey rules so freaking hard.

Anyway, a 1-0 victory over the Penguins(suck that egg!) takes the AVS to 8-1-0 which is an insane start and simply unbelievable.

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.

JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.

Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire Avs team.

Win is a win, though, and it was a fun game to watch.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They have a really bright future. I think long term the best group of young forwards in the leauge

I think you might like there defense and GTD a bit more. Just saying

• 5 months later...

Who pulls their goalie down 1 with 3 min to go in a playoff game?

Who is greatest goalie AND coach to ever live?

Patrick Roy!

People would argue he's not the best goalie of all time but I stick my fingers in my ears and LaLaLaLa until their mouth stops moving and retort with something along the lines of nuh-uh or you're wrong.

It's his first year coaching at the NHL level and it turns out that he's pretty good. The Avs had one 3 game losing streak and I believe only lost back to back twice the entire regular season. Coach Roy should get all the credit for this achievement. He keeps the players focused on the next game, has them prepared, makes some seemingly weird line adjustments, will make negative public statements about his or other teams players, tries to knock down the glass stanchion between teams benches after the first reg season game because Boudreau is a f'n f-face, and he likes to pull the goalie earlier than anyone in the league ever has in the past. Five min left down 2 and not getting any decent chances in the 3rd period? Pull the goalie! It works, it doesn't work...I don't know except no other first year coach would have the balls to try it. Pulling the goalie earlier than standard allowed the AVS to have a chance to win last nights game so I absolutely love it.

My god, I forget how different playoff hockey is to regular season games. It's WAY more intense.

Is a team allowed to completely fall apart and not do one single thing right while their goalie stands on his head the entire game and win a series? I don't know how that poison keeps from leaking into the next game and beyond.

It's certainly been done before.

Colorado is the poster boy for teams with poor underlying numbers performing far better than expected in the regular season, so a lot of the stats guys on Twitter are kind of pointing out that this is not unexpected.

I figured this for a 7-gamer right from the go. Really though, if it weren't for some serious heroics in game 1, this is 3-1 Minnesota right now.

Minny is a real good team that was dogged by injuries all year, mostly to their goalies. They still are, but having Kuemper back is an upgrade from Bryz. Keep in mind Bryz is their 4th string goalie (Harding and Backstrom).

Nathan McKinnon is slowly becoming one of my favourite players...Its a great compliment as I dont own him any of my pools...

• 5 months later...

The hockey writers and people in hockey media have been using the same bullet points since the end of last season saying the Avalanche overachieved and will regress in 2015.

Stasney and Parenteau trades were downgrades.

Varlamov can't duplicate or improve on his careers best season.

Colorado didn't improve the defensive.

Signing vets like Iginla and Stuart is a lateral move at best.

So, I've stopped reading. I hope the media is wrong!

Also, I'm going to get an Iggy jersey.

• Like 1

The season opener is as good a place as any to reaffirm my ridiculous but absolute hatred of the Minnesota Wild.

HATE!

HATE!!

HATE!!!

I'm super excited to watch tonight's game though.

GO AVS!!!!

I cant recall, did something happen between Minn-Col? Like a specific incident?

I dont recall there being this much of a rivalry between the teams, but it seems to be out there, and I cant recall why.

(Barrie hit by...Cooke was it? is that it?)