Colorado Avalanche

Yeah...ok. They might wanna step on the gas a bit since Detroit is closer to dropping their division lead then they are to gaining the #1 seed.
How much gas do they need? They have been running on fumes for the last three weeks with injuries to key players like 66% of their 1st line and at the time of the injury, the leading scorer on their team, plus a top 4 d man. Yet still sit #2 in the West and # 3 the last I looked in the NHL. Add on the fact that Datsyuk and Clearly will be back Feb 2nd and Modano and Homer close behind in their return. Don't worry about the Wings, they are just fine. :club:
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never a doubt.

Hell yes! It's a new year boys. Playoffs bound!

The Pens dominated that game beyond belief.   JS Giguere, and to a small extent the shot blockers, were the only reasons the Avs won.   Crosby and Malkin had more shots on goal than the entire A

How much gas do they need? They have been running on fumes for the last three weeks with injuries to key players like 66% of their 1st line and at the time of the injury, the leading scorer on their team, plus a top 4 d man. Yet still sit #2 in the West and # 3 the last I looked in the NHL. Add on the fact that Datsyuk and Clearly will be back Feb 2nd and Modano and Homer close behind in their return. Don't worry about the Wings, they are just fine. :club:
I didn't say they weren't fine. What I basically said was not to count your chickens before they hatch.
I didn't say they weren't fine. What I basically said was not to count your chickens before they hatch.
Well you know, 19 straight playoffs and 9 straight 100+ point seasons, hard to bother counting, already know how many there are. :club:

disclaimer: I hate qualifying my posts so hopefully this is the last time I say that I'm a fan with no actual knowledge of the game. So it's the last game before the all-star break, we're at home, Boudi has a good home record so ok, I can see him getting the start. Sacco pulls Boudi after two goals half way through the first period. Seriously, why start him if you have so little faith in his net minding ability when down one goal. He lets in pucks that higher caliber goalies would stop. He lets too many pucks rebound off his chest. The way he slides towards the shooter on his knees instead of being less aggro leaves him out of position to have a chance at stopping the rebound that's sure to follow. The one timer shot over his left shoulder will go above his glove and into the net more often than it seems like it should. So he's a second stringer, a back up and that's fine. I'm not a Boudi fan obviously. I can understand giving Anderson a break during a long road trip or on a back to back but not before a 5 day layoff. Anderson has been spotty but he's so much better than Boudi. The thought of Boudi challenging Anderson for the starting position is silly and that should be apparent from the last game. All I'm really trying to say is pulling Boudi that early in the game when the score is still manageable means he shouldn't have started in the first place. Phoenix was playing a back to back and got soul crushed the previous night on a last second goal. The Avs should have been able to beat this team handily but instead we racked up a ton of penalty minutes. Surely Sacco is partly to blame for the sloppy discipline. Which gives me another chance to say, god I hate Koci. He spent more time in the box than on the ice and it wasn't even for fighting. Sacco should have been kicked out of the game for misconduct(?) and been fined after that goal wasn't allowed when McLeod was called for incidental contact. So he curses a bit and the game continues. The second time the Coyotes knocked the goal off the pegs(?) he should have gone on the ice and then been kicked out of the game. I blame the coach for this loss of what was supposed to be game 2 of our 10 game winning streak. Many more mistakes like this game and I say give him a good talking too using strong language. That or just fire him. ****shit************

• 2 weeks later...
Forsberg is coming back!Can't wait to see him play.Absolutely one of the best. So much skill, drive, desire. Bad luck with injuries, etc, unfortunately.
He has said that he feels better than when he came back in 08. Then he still averaged over 1PPG, but played only about half the games.
On a line with Duchene and Hejduk...I need to watch this game.
This was a really fun line to watch. Towards the end of the 2nd there was a classic Forsberg moment where he just battled on the boards with the puck for what seems like his entire shift. A shame him, Dupuis, and Budaj were the only people that showed up.
anyone know why Chris Stewart wasnt in the lineup? and how long he will be out?
Healthy scratch. In 11 games since returning from a broken hand he only has 1G, 3A and is a -9. He also has scored only 4 goals since his Oct 28th hat trick at Calgary.
anyone know why Chris Stewart wasnt in the lineup? and how long he will be out?
My wife's cousin use to play hockey with Chris Stewart (houseleague up to AA). After that Stewart got better and he did not.
Peter Forsberg announcing retirement from hockey today.Didnt last long.
Well, good on him for not letting this circus carry on too long, I respect that. Just like a lot of guys, we'll never know how great he really could have been if the body measured up to the talent.
Well, good on him for not letting this circus carry on too long, I respect that. Just like a lot of guys, we'll never know how great he really could have been if the body measured up to the talent.
mario-lemieux-as-owner-5-september-2010.jpg
Ironically coach Joe Sacco said Forsberg was one of the better players on the ice in the last game.I respect him for giving it a shot.
Ironically coach Joe Sacco said Forsberg was one of the better players on the ice in the last game.I respect him for giving it a shot.
Do you think he said that because it was the truth or because he wanted to motivate his team by claiming a 37yo retiree outplayed them?I didn't watch the game, so I have no kind of idea.
Do you think he said that because it was the truth or because he wanted to motivate his team by claiming a 37yo retiree outplayed them?I didn't watch the game, so I have no kind of idea.
I think it's 50/50. Forsberg did play well in the two games he played, but the whole team hasn't played well for weeks now.
Does this delay Forsberg's potential Hall of Fame induction by another 3 years?
I don't see him making it, personally. I think he and Pavel Bure are basically the same in the eyes of the Hall, and if one doesn't make it the other won't either. Bure's been eligible for 4 years going on 5 now. It took Dino Ciccarelli 11 years to get in, with 608 goals and 1200 points to his credit. Forsberg and Bure were fantastic, elite players, but at the end of the day I think injuries robbed them of HHOF credentials. See also: Lindros, Eric
I think Forsberg is a lock.I think Bure should get in too, though.
I think Bure actually has a really good shot this year, it's a horrible 1st year eligibility class:* Ed Belfour* Trevor Linden* Glen Wesley* Derian Hatcher* Stu Barnes* Mattias Norstrom* Dallas DrakeCould be a very good year for playing catchup (guys like Adam Oates, Doug Gilmour, Joe Nieuwendyk, Phil Housley, Dale Hunter, and yes, Bure) could get their names finally called), before next year's class which will probably be a ton of 1st year eligible guys (Sakic, Shanahan, Sundin, Roenick, Cujo, Naslund, Claude Lemieux, Gary Roberts...all eligible for the first time).

lol, that list is horrible. 4 or 5 of those guys wouldn't even make it into their TEAM HOF.I'd need to review stats and such, but off the top of my head, YES to Belfour, NO to every other first ballot guy on your list (yes Vancouver fans, even Linden).

Could be a very good year for playing catchup (guys like Adam Oates, Doug Gilmour, Joe Nieuwendyk, Phil Housley, Dale Hunter, and yes, Bure) could get their names finally called), before next year's class which will probably be a ton of 1st year eligible guys (Sakic, Shanahan, Sundin, Roenick, Cujo, Naslund, Claude Lemieux, Gary Roberts...all eligible for the first time).
Also, I bolded guys who I think should be locks.Guys like Gilmour, Nieuwendyk, Sundin, Roenick, Roberts, Housley, I'd have to think about it more. The rest should never get in, IMHO.edit - I know the Bure pick is not the overwhelming sentiment in the hockey world, I just really really liked him.